Thread: Sigma 150-500 f5 /6.3 works with tc

Please anyone here knows whether the lens can work with teleconverter afs type ?

Default Re: Sigma 150-500 f5 /6.3 works with tc

At the long end (500mm) @ f/6.3, with the TC, don't think most camera able to auto-focus.

In sunlight outdoors, the lens with Kenko 1.4x does focus at least with the centre focus point of my d7000.
    Dxxxx | 35/1.8 | 50/1.8 | Tokina 28-70 | Panny G1 | 14-45 | 25/1.7
    My Flickr

Using 5D3 and kenko 1.4x, unable to autofocus as camera default to MF for all focal lengths.
    Canon User

Default Re: Sigma 150-500 f5 /6.3 works with tc

Quote Originally Posted by Radiant View Post
    Using 5D3 and kenko 1.4x, unable to autofocus as camera default to MF for all focal lengths.
    DGX or DG?

Using a 1.4* DG on 1D3,it works. But not on 60D.

Gotta stop down alot and is damn slow to focus too. I took this combo (1D,tc n bigma) on a work trip to Gorontalo, Sulawesi last month, missed 2 pairs of red knobbed hornbills in flight a distance away,on a bright day with tc on. I was also pushing the range too, because they were a good 150M or more about 70deg up plane away.

My consolation is making out which sub-species of hornbill it was. And cant complain coz i was not prepared for them to appear and had to quickly change lens. Operator fault more than equipment.

What about DGX or even modifying the Canon extender III?Anyone has anything to share please?