Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 65

Thread: Bali Trip May 10 to 13

  1. #41

    Default

    Tell Tyo Travis said go heh thanks

  2. #42
    Member r0n1n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wild Wild West
    Posts
    799

    Default Re: Bali Trip May 10 to 13

    We're going to Bali this August, and this thread is very informative. A friend referred us to another guide though, and gave us these possible itineraries:

    D1 : barong dance - tirta empul - kintamani have lunch - tegallalang - ubud area (market, palace) - dinner back hotel.
    D2 : taman ayun - bedugul area - ulundanu - strawberry stop - tanah lot sunset - dinner back hotel.
    D3 : tanjung benoa beach (see turtle island or snorkeling, etc...) - kuta spa - uluwatu - jimbaran BBQ dinner - hotel.

    The guide may have grouped these places according to same location. But the places that looks interesting for us are Tanah Lot, Uluwati, and Tegallalang. But it looks like these places are far apart. Not sure if we can visit these places in 1 day. Appreciate any inputs thanks!
    I shoot with my A7II . I shoot with my Kalashnikov AEG. I just love shooting ;)

  3. #43
    Member r0n1n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wild Wild West
    Posts
    799

    Default Re: Bali Trip May 10 to 13

    ..oh and I hope TS wouldn't mind if I borrow his thread
    I shoot with my A7II . I shoot with my Kalashnikov AEG. I just love shooting ;)

  4. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    JB and Singapore
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by r0n1n View Post
    ..oh and I hope TS wouldn't mind if I borrow his thread
    Please fell free.

  5. #45

    Default Re: Bali Trip May 10 to 13

    D1-D3 are indeed standard itineraries offered by many tour operators in Bali. Most comprises 2-3 major popular destinations & the rest are added in along the way due to close proximity & time constraints. From my experience your choice of the 3 places to visit in 1 day is doable as the distance apart is substantial but not extreme. Much depends on whether you stop for meals, how long you spend at each location including shopping for souvenirs etc & the traffic conditions. In Bali where most tourist travels are by private car, there are often serious congestions particularly around popular tourist destinations & during peak season. A normal 15 min trip may turn into a 1 1/2 hour trip due to traffic jams. The tour guide should be able to advise you on this. If you like a referral which you can check out your plans with, you can PM me. This referral has "Bali as you please" options where you can customise itineraries according to your needs at very reasonable rates with great friendly service thrown in. One other thing, try to reach Uluwatu by 4-5 pm so as to have ample time to take in the scenic views & be in time for sunset shots (you attending the kecak dance?). When you reach the sea wall/cliff, turn right to a lesser know path without walls or stairs & walk to the end where there is a open field/grass patch with no crowds & with stunning views for photography.Tannah lot is beautiful too & imo is better for day shoots with blue sky & ocean. There are a lot of stalls there selling knick knacks & souvenirs. Enjoy the paradise that is Bali!

    Quote Originally Posted by r0n1n View Post
    We're going to Bali this August, and this thread is very informative. A friend referred us to another guide though, and gave us these possible itineraries:

    D1 : barong dance - tirta empul - kintamani have lunch - tegallalang - ubud area (market, palace) - dinner back hotel.
    D2 : taman ayun - bedugul area - ulundanu - strawberry stop - tanah lot sunset - dinner back hotel.
    D3 : tanjung benoa beach (see turtle island or snorkeling, etc...) - kuta spa - uluwatu - jimbaran BBQ dinner - hotel.

    The guide may have grouped these places according to same location. But the places that looks interesting for us are Tanah Lot, Uluwati, and Tegallalang. But it looks like these places are far apart. Not sure if we can visit these places in 1 day. Appreciate any inputs thanks!
    Last edited by s1221ljc; 13th July 2013 at 09:22 AM.

  6. #46
    Member r0n1n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wild Wild West
    Posts
    799

    Default Re: Bali Trip May 10 to 13

    Quote Originally Posted by s1221ljc View Post
    D1-D3 are indeed standard itineraries offered by many tour operators in Bali. Most comprises 2-3 major popular destinations & the rest are added in along the way due to close proximity & time constraints. From my experience your choice of the 3 places to visit in 1 day is doable as the distance apart is substantial but not extreme. Much depends on whether you stop for meals, how long you spend at each location including shopping for souvenirs etc & the traffic conditions. In Bali where most tourist travels are by private car, there are often serious congestions particularly around popular tourist destinations & during peak season. A normal 15 min trip may turn into a 1 1/2 hour trip due to traffic jams. The tour guide should be able to advise you on this. If you like a referral which you can check out your plans with, you can PM me. This referral has "Bali as you please" options where you can customise itineraries according to your needs at very reasonable rates with great friendly service thrown in. One other thing, try to reach Uluwatu by 4-5 pm so as to have ample time to take in the scenic views & be in time for sunset shots (you attending the kecak dance?). When you reach the sea wall/cliff, turn right to a lesser know path without walls or stairs & walk to the end where there is a open field/grass patch with no crowds & with stunning views for photography.Tannah lot is beautiful too & imo is better for day shoots with blue sky & ocean. There are a lot of stalls there selling knick knacks & souvenirs. Enjoy the paradise that is Bali!
    Hey! we have arranged a 1 & 1/2 day tour for this since we dont want to be time-watchers and to enjoy each place We'll be arriving in Bali around noon so based on the map, Uluwatu is the nearest from our hotel in Nusa Dua so it'll be our first destination when we arrive in Bali. The rest of the spots will be covered the following day.

    I purposely moved Uluwatu out of the initial planned 1-day tour so we can shoot sunset on both Tanah Lot and Uluwatu. I didn't know about Kecak dance but now that you mentioned it, we'll definitely watch it!

    anyone knows if there's a good location in Tanjung Benoa where I can try star trails? First time to try it, and I've read the place should be very dark if I want to shoot star trails

    thanks bro s1221ljc for your valuable inputs, very much appreciated
    I shoot with my A7II . I shoot with my Kalashnikov AEG. I just love shooting ;)

  7. #47
    Member r0n1n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wild Wild West
    Posts
    799

    Default Re: Bali Trip May 10 to 13

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitestallion View Post
    Please fell free.
    thanks! how was your trip?
    I shoot with my A7II . I shoot with my Kalashnikov AEG. I just love shooting ;)

  8. #48
    Member Dylan1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    691

    Default Re: Bali Trip May 10 to 13

    Quote Originally Posted by r0n1n View Post
    Hey! we have arranged a 1 & 1/2 day tour for this since we dont want to be time-watchers and to enjoy each place We'll be arriving in Bali around noon so based on the map, Uluwatu is the nearest from our hotel in Nusa Dua so it'll be our first destination when we arrive in Bali. The rest of the spots will be covered the following day.

    I purposely moved Uluwatu out of the initial planned 1-day tour so we can shoot sunset on both Tanah Lot and Uluwatu. I didn't know about Kecak dance but now that you mentioned it, we'll definitely watch it!

    anyone knows if there's a good location in Tanjung Benoa where I can try star trails? First time to try it, and I've read the place should be very dark if I want to shoot star trails

    thanks bro s1221ljc for your valuable inputs, very much appreciated
    Ya Uluwatu is close to Nusa Dua so easier to be place on first day. Like what s1221ljc mentioned, the traffic could be crazy at certain timing. I stayed at Kuta when I went, initially wanted to relax at resort before heading for Tanah Lot at 5pm for sunset on first day (abt 30-45mins ride). But our guide told us of the possibility of jam, end up we left the resort at 415pm... better early then stuck in the jam!

    I was there for 3d2n, so my sunset is at Tanah Lot and Jimbaran Bay (sunset + seafood dinner with icy cold beer!). By the way pls takenote of the monkeys at uluwatu... lots of stories heard. I went Ubud Tegallalang - Kintamani, on route there is this coffee plantation that you can have a tour and enjoy some coffee (no charges unless u buy or u want try Kopi Luwat).

    As for star trails I think most beaches would be ok... i tried but was too cloudy when i was there.
    Last edited by Dylan1987; 14th July 2013 at 10:58 AM.

  9. #49
    Member r0n1n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wild Wild West
    Posts
    799

    Default Re: Bali Trip May 10 to 13

    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1987 View Post
    Ya Uluwatu is close to Nusa Dua so easier to be place on first day. Like what s1221ljc mentioned, the traffic could be crazy at certain timing. I stayed at Kuta when I went, initially wanted to relax at resort before heading for Tanah Lot at 5pm for sunset on first day (abt 30-45mins ride). But our guide told us of the possibility of jam, end up we left the resort at 415pm... better early then stuck in the jam!

    I was there for 3d2n, so my sunset is at Tanah Lot and Jimbaran Bay (sunset + seafood dinner with icy cold beer!). By the way pls takenote of the monkeys at uluwatu... lots of stories heard. I went Ubud Tegallalang - Kintamani, on route there is this coffee plantation that you can have a tour and enjoy some coffee (no charges unless u buy or u want try Kopi Luwat).

    As for star trails I think most beaches would be ok... i tried but was too cloudy when i was there.
    Yeah I've read about those monkeys, and some "monkey business" I'd love to try that kopi, thanks for sharing
    I shoot with my A7II . I shoot with my Kalashnikov AEG. I just love shooting ;)

  10. #50

    Default Re: Bali Trip May 10 to 13

    Forget about the kecak dance in uluwatu, its a joke. its not those serious type its more comedic maybe to cater for the loads of tourists/children. Catch it in other places like Ubud. Go to Uluwatu only to enjoy the sunset/scenery.

  11. #51
    Member r0n1n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wild Wild West
    Posts
    799

    Default Re: Bali Trip May 10 to 13

    Quote Originally Posted by juric View Post
    Forget about the kecak dance in uluwatu, its a joke. its not those serious type its more comedic maybe to cater for the loads of tourists/children. Catch it in other places like Ubud. Go to Uluwatu only to enjoy the sunset/scenery.
    Ok thanks for the tip, we'll be going to Ubud also so it wouldn't be a problem I guess.
    I shoot with my A7II . I shoot with my Kalashnikov AEG. I just love shooting ;)

  12. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Bali Trip May 10 to 13

    This thread just made Bali even more interesting than what I had previously thought. Do you guys always do free and easy there (eg book accommodation and flight here then book tour package there?) or Book tour packages from Bali direct, hence letting them arrange for your accommodation and itinerary?

    Am a little overwhelmed by the possibilities of things to do there right now. Planning to be there for 3-4days and it will be my first time there. I don't even know where to begin for accommodation with the different regions in Bali! Which area is in a sense most central to the rest of the sightseeing spots?

  13. #53

    Default Re: Bali Trip May 10 to 13

    This thread is very useful and informative for me as I planning a trip to Bali soon. I have some questions which need those who visited Bali to help. If you book a day trip packages from the Bali tour guide for a full day, does it include all the entrance fees in the itinerary or they just drive you there? Example going up to the Kintamani Volcano, will there be a guide following you or do u still need to pay for the entrance fee for the Tg Benoa Sea walker.

  14. #54

    Default Re: Bali Trip May 10 to 13

    anybody need a guide just PM me. i know a guy whom i always use, cheap, reliable and always punctual. good service, and clean car too! i always use him whenever i go. he never fails me

  15. #55

    Default Re: Bali Trip May 10 to 13

    Nowadays we can easily book the flight & accomodation online here, including the tour package (with or without guide). Or we can book these with many of our local tour agents. DIY just gives us more flexibility & maybe some savings. Better to ensure flight & accomodation confirmed here before the trip. At the airport arrival hall in Bali, you are confronted with tons of flyers/brochures on tour packages available so you may decide on this there.

    Which region or hotels depends more on your preferences whether you prefer beautiful quiet beaches, beaches near shopping & entertainment, beaches with motor sports etc. The most central is Kuta but with car & driver, you can easily go anywhere you choose. Base on distances, travel time is generally between 1-3 hrs between destinations.

    Happy holidays!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sara86T View Post
    This thread just made Bali even more interesting than what I had previously thought. Do you guys always do free and easy there (eg book accommodation and flight here then book tour package there?) or Book tour packages from Bali direct, hence letting them arrange for your accommodation and itinerary?
    Im a little overwhelmed by the possibilities of things to do there right now. Planning to be there for 3-4days and it will be my first time there. I don't even know where to begin for accommodation with the different regions in Bali! Which area is in a sense most central to the rest of the sightseeing spots?
    Last edited by s1221ljc; 13th August 2013 at 12:43 AM.

  16. #56

    Default Re: Bali Trip May 10 to 13

    Various tour packages are available, some include & some exclude some or all of the fees - entrance, parking, tips etc Not all the agents disclose these so best if you clarify them upfront else you may feel shortchanged later. If you book a car & driver, they are at your disposal, you need to know where you want to go or what to do. Most drivers are quite knowledgeable & can provide you some guidance & information but strictly speaking they are not tour guides so you may get stuck in some instances, particularly if there is some communication problem (language or cultural). I am referring to private tour packages here. If it is a group tour, a tour guide is provided & costs are generally all in. You can check this out http://www.bali-agung-tours.com/ as I personally find it highly informative & their services excellent. Have fun!

    Quote Originally Posted by braver View Post
    This thread is very useful and informative for me as I planning a trip to Bali soon. I have some questions which need those who visited Bali to help. If you book a day trip packages from the Bali tour guide for a full day, does it include all the entrance fees in the itinerary or they just drive you there? Example going up to the Kintamani Volcano, will there be a guide following you or do u still need to pay for the entrance fee for the Tg Benoa Sea walker.
    Last edited by s1221ljc; 12th August 2013 at 04:12 PM.

  17. #57
    Member r0n1n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wild Wild West
    Posts
    799

    Default Re: Bali Trip May 10 to 13

    We're actually here at Denpasar airport now on our way back to SG after a 4-day vacation. I must say 4 days is not enough if you like going to places coz Bali is a big island.

    Since its peak season, traffic in Bali is horrible I got upset twice. On our first day (last fri), it was jammed going to our hotel in Nusa Dua. After checking in at the hotel, about 4pm left for Padang padang beach, which for me is a waste. Then went to Uluwatu for sunset shoot. Again the road is jammed. We reached Uluwatu around 6pm and sunset is at 6:18. Sadly we didnt took much pictures. Back to the hotel, traffic is twice as bad

    Day 2, we watched barong and kris show instead of kecak. Then went to coffee plantation as recommended by bro dylan and got myself kopi luwat which came from civet cat poop lol then we went to Tegallalang after dropping by a shop that sells silver works and another that sells batik. We left around 4pm on our way to Tanah lot for another sunset shoot. Sadly, due to heavy traffic we didn't catch the sunset on time again had dinner by the beach at Jimbaran bay.

    Day 3, too upset to go out. Just stayed on the hotel for some water activities and massage. Late in the afternoon, decided to to do shopping at Bali collection which is quite near, so didnt worry about traffic.

    Day 4: As we have anticipated most people went back yesterday, we went to Kuta for late shopping and traffic is by far very good. Got another massage before heading to the airport.

    Tip for those planning to go to Bali: most hotels in Nusa Dua are of higher class. If you like water activities, this is the place for you. Kuta is haven for surfers and near shopping places and budget hotels. Per our guide, low season is between March to May. Peak season is July to October.

    Also by next month, the new airport terminal will open. Its bigger and hopefully better. The current terminal only has 2 xray machines which caused queue to pile up
    Last edited by r0n1n; 12th August 2013 at 06:50 PM.
    I shoot with my A7II . I shoot with my Kalashnikov AEG. I just love shooting ;)

  18. #58

    Default Re: Bali Trip May 10 to 13

    Don't remember traffic being bad in Bali? lol used to go every year.

    dun forget to head up to lovina for a day to watch dolphins

  19. #59

    Default Re: Bali Trip May 10 to 13

    Thanks for the adv, will find out more before the visit.

    Quote Originally Posted by s1221ljc View Post
    Various tour packages are available, some include & some exclude some or all of the fees - entrance, parking, tips etc Not all the agents disclose these so best if you clarify them upfront else you may feel shortchanged later. If you book a car & driver, they are at your disposal, you need to know where you want to go or what to do. Most drivers are quite knowledgeable & can provide you some guidance & information but strictly speaking they are not tour guides so you may get stuck in some instances, particularly if there is some communication problem (language or cultural). I am referring to private tour packages here. If it is a group tour, a tour guide is provided & costs are generally all in. You can check this out BALI TOUR GUIDE & DRIVER, BALI TOURS PACKAGE - BEST BALI HAS TO OFFER as I personally find it highly informative & their services excellent. Have fun!

  20. #60
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    520

    Default Re: Bali Trip May 10 to 13

    i like legian area - in between kuta (and beach) and seminyak (slightly less crowded than kuta)

    one way is perhaps to do 2-3 days in each area (if you have the time), e.g. kuta/legian area 3 days + ubud 2 days (something like that)

    from kuta/legian base, you can explore the south of the island, from ubud base, you can explore central and north of the island

    then if want to stay in resort, take another 1 night just relax in resort and don't go out to town =D

    p/s - i stayed at this hotel (quite new, nice)


    Quote Originally Posted by Sara86T View Post
    This thread just made Bali even more interesting than what I had previously thought. Do you guys always do free and easy there (eg book accommodation and flight here then book tour package there?) or Book tour packages from Bali direct, hence letting them arrange for your accommodation and itinerary?

    Am a little overwhelmed by the possibilities of things to do there right now. Planning to be there for 3-4days and it will be my first time there. I don't even know where to begin for accommodation with the different regions in Bali! Which area is in a sense most central to the rest of the sightseeing spots?
    Last edited by pettypoh; 12th August 2013 at 09:44 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •