Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Any value on video editting services?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    639

    Default Any value on video editting services?

    Hi,

    just a casual question...whether do pple actually pay money for video editting services? Cos currently i haf some knowledge in adobe premiere, and just wondering if this skill is enough for me to work like freelance just to earn some spare cash in the future?

    If so...how much is such a service worth? Say for video editting an event video? Not inclusive of filming itself?

    Just thinking of ways to earn some spare cash.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Hommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phantasia
    Hi,
    just a casual question...whether do pple actually pay money for video editting services? Cos currently i haf some knowledge in adobe premiere, and just wondering if this skill is enough for me to work like freelance just to earn some spare cash in the future?
    Yes, it depends on your skills. But as editing softwares get cheaper and easier, even an average joe could do it you had better get value added services like After Effect, 3D animation, or Flash to enhance your values.

    That aside, if you are planning for only spare cash, I guess its okay. If not, you'll grow to dislike editing as you spent 18-20hrs a day staring into the computer screen looking at the same scene 10-20 time cutting one frame here and adding cross-fade there etc..... I know, cause I am doing it!

    Quote Originally Posted by phantasia
    If so...how much is such a service worth? Say for video editting an event video? Not inclusive of filming itself?

    Just thinking of ways to earn some spare cash.
    There's no standard of pay here, an average one hour of edited wedding video could be anything from $250 to $500-$800. Depends on your level of skill and negotiation ability. A film-editor working for a good company could be paid well over $2500 a month or higher. Your choice....

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Hehe yeah...i know how tedious it is to be doing video editting... So i guess doing it for a profession is definitely out for me.

    BUt was jus thinking since i've been doing it for free for quite abit over the past few years...maybe could just earn abit from it in the future for freelance or something, just for some additional income.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hommie
    Yes, it depends on your skills. But as editing softwares get cheaper and easier, even an average joe could do it you had better get value added services like After Effect, 3D animation, or Flash to enhance your values.

    That aside, if you are planning for only spare cash, I guess its okay. If not, you'll grow to dislike editing as you spent 18-20hrs a day staring into the computer screen looking at the same scene 10-20 time cutting one frame here and adding cross-fade there etc..... I know, cause I am doing it!



    There's no standard of pay here, an average one hour of edited wedding video could be anything from $250 to $500-$800. Depends on your level of skill and negotiation ability. A film-editor working for a good company could be paid well over $2500 a month or higher. Your choice....

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phantasia
    Hehe yeah...i know how tedious it is to be doing video editting... So i guess doing it for a profession is definitely out for me.

    BUt was jus thinking since i've been doing it for free for quite abit over the past few years...maybe could just earn abit from it in the future for freelance or something, just for some additional income.

    If the people you do the work for don't mind your asking price, why not?
    I don't think you should really do it for free for just anyone..

    Can you earn something out of it? Yes.. How much depends on what you're capable of.. If you can do 3D animation, some filming + photography where needed + Premiere AND After Effects/ Flash work.. I'd say you can probably get anywhere $3k and up for a smaller scale project.. More if you're pressed very tightly for time..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •