Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: film for my bintan trip

  1. #1

    Default film for my bintan trip

    mainly people with scenery. portrait film? how about the kodak ones in the packs of 5? is 5 enough for a moderately trigger-happy person?

  2. #2

    Default Re: film for my bintan trip

    Originally posted by yeppie99
    mainly people with scenery. portrait film? how about the kodak ones in the packs of 5? is 5 enough for a moderately trigger-happy person?
    For Negative films, you may want to try:
    1. NPS100 - Good for protrait
    2. Reala Superior 100 - Offers vibrant color, but skin tone tends
    to be a bit reddish in color.
    3. NPH400 - Good for protrait, color tends to be neutral.

    Interested in slide?

    BTW, which Kodak film you referring to?
    Anyway, there are also some good Kodak films.
    As, I dun often or rather I seldom use kodak film, I think I'm not in a good position to comment on them.

    Hope my 2 cents of inputs help.

  3. #3
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default

    Avoid Kodak Max @ all cost, even if you can it for FREE! Super grainy and the colour's not contrasty!

    For more information about Kodak Max, ask Ckiang!

  4. #4
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,669

    Default Re: film for my bintan trip

    Originally posted by yeppie99
    mainly people with scenery. portrait film? how about the kodak ones in the packs of 5? is 5 enough for a moderately trigger-happy person?
    I wouldn't bring less than 10 rolls of film for every trip, no matter how long or short it be. Always bring more than what you think you need just in case. Films are not going self destruct after the trip.

  5. #5

    Default

    Originally posted by AdamGoi
    Avoid Kodak Max @ all cost, even if you can it for FREE! Super grainy and the colour's not contrasty!

    For more information about Kodak Max, ask Ckiang!
    I can double that... super grainy

    Most of my sydney pics were taken with kodak max

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by charvy


    I can double that... super grainy

    Most of my sydney pics were taken with kodak max
    That must have been one of Kodak's WORST ever films.... I have their ISO 400 film year 1999 and earlier and they appeared okay... after that, their MAX 400 is horrible, and from what I hear, the "New and Improved" version isn't any better.

    Regards
    CK

  7. #7

    Default

    yeah i know the deal abt MAX 400 and i have already experienced its marvellous quality.

    anyway i plan to take mostly negs this time, show the prints to ppl and stuff.

    since i'll be at a beach resort, shld i bring more iso 100 film? like say 8 iso 100 and 2 iso 400 just in case or to take indoor shots? and so wat negs to bring? for portait films, the ppl would look good but how about the scenery?

  8. #8

    Default

    Originally posted by yeppie99
    yeah i know the deal abt MAX 400 and i have already experienced its marvellous quality.

    anyway i plan to take mostly negs this time, show the prints to ppl and stuff.

    since i'll be at a beach resort, shld i bring more iso 100 film? like say 8 iso 100 and 2 iso 400 just in case or to take indoor shots? and so wat negs to bring? for portait films, the ppl would look good but how about the scenery?
    It depends on you, you might want to consider taking a mixture of Reala, NPS and NPH films or others as well. It actually up to your own preference, as different type of films offers different characteristics.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •