More update, email from travel agency:
    =============================

----- Original Message -----
    To: g4056299@yahoo.com.sg
    Cc: Pan Borneo
    Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 11:23 AM
    Subject: Re: Trip to Kota Kinabalu - quotation request

Dear Mr Tan,

Greetings from Pan Borneo Tours and Travel Sdn. Bhd.

Regarding your request,unfortunately there are no more rooms available in Panar Laban on May.
    However,since you have stated that you are a group of photography enthusiasts,I would like to suggest Kinabalu Park and Poring Hot Spring 1 Day Trip.
    This will cost you RM 180.00 (for minimum 2 pax)
    You can take a flight to Sabah on the 29th May 2005 and have your day trip to Kinabalu Park and Poring Hot Spring on the 30th May and then by 31st May you can attend the Grand Finale -Tadau Kaamatan Celebration.
    It is advisable if you confirm your booking with us as soon as possible as the hotel will be fully book during May 2005 due to the celebration of Kaamatan.

Below is the brief itinerary for your group of 6-8 people:

4 Days / 3 Nights Kinabalu Park, Poring Hotspring Day trip and Kaamatan Festival

Day 1
    -Arrive Kota Kinabalu
    -Transfer from Airport to hotel
    -Evening: Free at own leisure (optional tour: Kota Kinabalu by Night)

Day 2
    0730hrs -Pick up from hotel for Poring Hot Spring for Poring Hot Spring,Ranau.
    1030hrs -Arrived Poring Hot Springs.Explore the forest on your way to "Canopy Walkway"
    -Trek down to the hot spring based and your option for a brief visit to the Butterfly farm.Lunch at Poring restaurant.
    1300hrs -Depart for about 1 hour journey to Kinabalu Park
    1400hrs
    1530hrs -Arrived and proceed to the exhibition hall then to the Mt.Garden (time permit) for its collection of orchids and unique plants,some endemic to Kinabalu.
    1700hrs approx
    -Depart to Kota Kinabalu town.

Day 3
    Morning -Free at own leisure
    Afternoon -Free at own leisure (optional:Hongkod Koisaan (KDCA) to witness and participate in many activities held related to the Harvest Festivals
    Evening -Depart for Hongkod Koisaan (for Kaamatan Highlight-Unduk Ngadau-Beauty Contest finale)

Regarding to your request for air fare ticket quotation,the best price that I could get for you are RM 648.00 (return air ticket from Johor Bahru to Kota Kinabalu)
    I can help you to co the booking for MAS bas from Singapore to Johor Bahru. Please advise me on time of departure from Singapore.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Warmest regards,
    Joyce
    ======================================

======================================

You want to try this local tour agency?
    http://www.popularexpress.com/

You need to book flight to Sabah, they meet you at the airport.

I used to book MAS JB>>KK S$338 include tax.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeWorld
    You want to try this local tour agency?
    http://www.popularexpress.com/

You need to book flight to Sabah, they meet you at the airport.

I used to book MAS JB>>KK S$338 include tax.
    The problem is, there is no room available at Panar Laban, which is the mid way up Mt. Kinabalu....

I know MAS used to be rather cheap...I am just trying to get some quotes...have another quote about S$600+ inclusive ticket, accommodations for 4 nites, local tour guide, free breakfast, etc.

Will post the itinerary up later....when I am free from work.

Default Kinabalu

Hi guys,

Hope I can help! My wife is from Kota Kinabalu and I went there with a group of friends last November but have not gotten the Panny yet.

Some tips:
    1. Mid-year bookings are usually very full.
    2. Year-end bookings are also full but more challenging coz of the monsoon period - colder + rainy on and off.
    3. Try a few agencies. Sometimes they allocate a couple rooms to different agencies so if one agency says they're full, others still might have one or two left.
    4. There are actually 3 rest houses in the mid-way point. The first one as you climb up to KM6 is Laban Rata. This is where all your dinner and breakfast shall be served. Next up is a long house, which i forgot the name. About 200metres from Laban Rata is Panar Laban. THis is only a 2 room trailer with an outside bathroom. Each room has 3 double bunkers. But the outside bathroom is really challenging - imagine trying to go toilet when you're freezing your ass off!
    5. The package I got was from www.cuti.com.my . You can find more info here: http://www.cuti.com.my/tour/info.php...abalu+Survival

It includes a white water rafting trip - even more photo ops coz it includes an antique train ride in the country side.

If there are anything else I can help with, please feel free to PM me.

--sunslinger

Quote Originally Posted by sunslinger
    Hi guys,

Hope I can help! My wife is from Kota Kinabalu and I went there with a group of friends last November but have not gotten the Panny yet.

Some tips:
    1. Mid-year bookings are usually very full.
    2. Year-end bookings are also full but more challenging coz of the monsoon period - colder + rainy on and off.
    3. Try a few agencies. Sometimes they allocate a couple rooms to different agencies so if one agency says they're full, others still might have one or two left.
    4. There are actually 3 rest houses in the mid-way point. The first one as you climb up to KM6 is Laban Rata. This is where all your dinner and breakfast shall be served. Next up is a long house, which i forgot the name. About 200metres from Laban Rata is Panar Laban. THis is only a 2 room trailer with an outside bathroom. Each room has 3 double bunkers. But the outside bathroom is really challenging - imagine trying to go toilet when you're freezing your ass off!
    5. The package I got was from www.cuti.com.my . You can find more info here: http://www.cuti.com.my/tour/info.php...abalu+Survival

It includes a white water rafting trip - even more photo ops coz it includes an antique train ride in the country side.

If there are anything else I can help with, please feel free to PM me.

--sunslinger
    Hi sunslinger,

Thanks a lot! Indeed they are helpful information.

I shall try a couple of agencies, hopefully we can get the whole group there.

Do you think you want to join us for this trip, maybe with your significant half?

I might join you if date diff and permit. But no second half leh!!! Long time didn't go there liao. The steam train must try. It's available on Thursday only. Not sure they have changed. It goes to another town. Choo choo!!! WHote water rafting, I always missed. Not trying liao. Too old now!

There's one more mountain to go. Gunung MAS where you see the world's largest flower, Rafflesia. Option to stay on tree cabin. Way back to KK, the sunset is very very very beautiful over the three islands..... Stop for now!

Let me know the confirm dates, itinery and cost.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeWorld
    I might join you if date diff and permit. But no second half leh!!! Long time didn't go there liao. The steam train must try. It's available on Thursday only. Not sure they have changed. It goes to another town. Choo choo!!! WHote water rafting, I always missed. Not trying liao. Too old now!

There's one more mountain to go. Gunung MAS where you see the world's largest flower, Rafflesia. Option to stay on tree cabin. Way back to KK, the sunset is very very very beautiful over the three islands..... Stop for now!

Let me know the confirm dates, itinery and cost.
    OLD ???

how many candles will there be in ur next birthday cake ??

Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th03
    OLD ???

how many candles will there be in ur next birthday cake ??

One. They always use one. Dun know why?

Default No problemo!

Hi Jim Davis!

Glad to be of service. As for me, I'm rather low on annual leaves this year. I just came back from KK for my wedding banquet there and this coming weekend is the one in Singapore... shiongz man!

Remember to bring back more photos at the peak. The view is superb! But I was too washed out to really enjoy it... hahaha!

Here are some teasers (all taken by my friend's Canon Ixus 400):

1. This was taken from the Laban Rata guest house

2. Here's one from the peak after sunrise

3. This is taken on the way down from the peak and yup, that's me!

Bad News.....

email from cuti:

=============================================

To: "Tan George" <g4056299@yahoo.com.sg>
    Subject: Re: 3 Days/ 4 Nights Kinabalu Survival
    Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:00:03 +0800

Dear Mr. George Tan,

Thanks for using our services and we are sorry to infrom you that Mount Kinabalu has been fully booked from April to July. Do you have any tentative dates?

Special Notice: Redang Island & Lang Tengah are available on 30th April 2005, 3rd June 2005 and others. Please visit at http://www.cuti.com.my/?f=cutinewsle...r05_inside.htm for further information.

Thank You. Have Fun & Cuti Now!

Regards,
    Yee Wah
    CUTI Support Team
    http://www.cuti.com.my
    (Inquiry & Reservation Tel: 603-3343 2884)
    =========================================

Shall we change location?

Quote Originally Posted by JimDavis
    Bad News.....

email from cuti:

=============================================

To: "Tan George" <g4056299@yahoo.com.sg>
    Subject: Re: 3 Days/ 4 Nights Kinabalu Survival
    Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:00:03 +0800

Dear Mr. George Tan,

Thanks for using our services and we are sorry to infrom you that Mount Kinabalu has been fully booked from April to July. Do you have any tentative dates?

Special Notice: Redang Island & Lang Tengah are available on 30th April 2005, 3rd June 2005 and others. Please visit at http://www.cuti.com.my/?f=cutinewsle...r05_inside.htm for further information.

Thank You. Have Fun & Cuti Now!

Regards,
    Yee Wah
    CUTI Support Team
    http://www.cuti.com.my
    (Inquiry & Reservation Tel: 603-3343 2884)
    =========================================

Shall we change location?
    Hey Jim! Thanks a million for all the effort.
    Seen the sunrise pics from Sunslinger.. and DAMN its good.

Well, its not fated this time.. no worries... still have lots of other chances and places to visit!

This is the perfect excuse for me to save up more first
    RH

wow...

its is really nice..

similar to Mount Wellington at Taz..

but too bad.. have to change location liao..

any ideas ??

Can still book for the National Day August holidays!

I just had a chat with one of my coll, he told me that alternatively, we can go to Pahang, where there is a taman negara.

According to him, it is as nice as Mt. K.K.

I shall do some research first, and see if we can organize a trip there instead.

Let's discuss this during the PLUG meeting...

Quote Originally Posted by JimDavis
    I just had a chat with one of my coll, he told me that alternatively, we can go to Pahang, where there is a taman negara.

According to him, it is as nice as Mt. K.K.

I shall do some research first, and see if we can organize a trip there instead.

Let's discuss this during the PLUG meeting...
    to JD!!!

i dun think 01 is enough for JD..

JD, this is from me..

Paiseh lar...dun like that leh....

i am interested!!! but too bad KK is booked till july...
    any other plans ?
    i will return to this thread for more updates! *cant wait*
    Panasonic G3 | Minolta X700 | Minolta X370 | Pentax Asahi Spotmatic | Pratika MTL 3 | Panasonic Lx3

Quote Originally Posted by overcrash
    i am interested!!! but too bad KK is booked till july...
    any other plans ?
    i will return to this thread for more updates! *cant wait*
    There are plans. Just remember to read the PLUG Notice Board.

Do you guys think we shall proceed to book in some times August? Maybe during our national day period?

But there again, some may want to stay back to take some National Day parade shots....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast