Thread: Monopod combo with Swivel Head or Ball Head

Default Monopod combo with Swivel Head or Ball Head

Alright. i did do a search in this forums and alot of other places to find the best fit. I did not find very much convincing articles about these possible combinations.

i would like to find out what clubsnappers think...
    which combination fits you and why? i dont know if there are specific instances
    which head would you thus recommend.. ( i realize that the head is more important that the pod)

as for me, i need to my FAST and quick and would be mounting a 70-200 f2.8L with a 10D and flash unit...so it is reasonably heavy. i would think a ballhead fits me... by adjusting the ballhead with semi resistance so that i can move and let go and it all holds..

advise?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by haagen_dazs
    i would like to find out what clubsnappers think...
    which combination fits you and why? i dont know if there are specific instances which head would you thus recommend.. ( i realize that the head is more important that the pod)

as for me, i need to my FAST and quick and would be mounting a 70-200 f2.8L with a 10D and flash unit...so it is reasonably heavy. i would think a ballhead fits me... by adjusting the ballhead with semi resistance so that i can move and let go and it all holds..

advise?
    thanks
    Manfrotto do a couple of heads you might be interested in, includng a rubber gadget that allows movement and a swivel head. www.manfrotto.com for more details.

More information on your intended use would be advantageous. Saying "Fast and quick' is a bit like saying 'length of string' .. it's indeterminate in nature.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

if you're using the lens with tripod collar, consider the monopod head 234RC. The tripod collar allows rotation of the camera while the 234RC allows u to control the swivelling of the camera up and down. These should cover the range of controls u need for a monopod.
    http://www.manfrotto.com/product/tem...=15&itemid=308