Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 114

Thread: Hi every1...

  1. #61

    Default

    lolz ... senior newbie? ...

    anyways welcome to CS (just incase u didn't get enough welcomes =P)

    i'm more like a newbie than witness lah =P ... haha ... only started photography as a more serious hobby in nov/dec last year =P

  2. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Hi guys. My first post
    Newbie to photography.
    Hope to learn lots frm u guys
    ...But first i've gotta learn how to use this forum

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Westy
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kelle
    Hi guys. My first post
    Newbie to photography.
    Hope to learn lots frm u guys
    ...But first i've gotta learn how to use this forum
    hey... welcome~
    just click on any link... have fun!

  4. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    86

    Default

    hehe...talk abt efficiency of replies
    btw..does anyone know how to resize digital photos
    without losing too much of e original pic quality?

  5. #65

    Default

    hehehe kelle for me its shoot BIG then resize it smaller to whatever size you want always work not sure if there's another way though

  6. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Arcanic~
    the edit is there for u, in case u need to edit the msgs you posted before, like wrong spellings, or something u wanted to ask but forgot etc...

    lolx, this one is looking U thread le, u all OT so much, later she confused also le..

    Hey..thanks for the infos.I will go and do some flowers shooting tomorrow(now is spring mah...so many flowers blooming).Can you guys give me a tip what mode shall I use to shoot those flowers???Thanks.


  7. #67
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kelle
    hehe...talk abt efficiency of replies
    btw..does anyone know how to resize digital photos
    without losing too much of e original pic quality?
    the trick is to save as jpeg format with at least compression 6
    this will keep the quality. Anything lower that 6 and you will start to get jpeg compression artifacts

  8. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rebbot
    hehehe kelle for me its shoot BIG then resize it smaller to whatever size you want always work not sure if there's another way though
    thanx for e tip rebbot..
    but i can't seem to resize it decently with PS.
    eg. i have a 800kb photo which i want to resize to 100mb.
    what's e best way to go about it.

    i know it sounds real 'ah dah'... but i'm very new to all these
    ...sssoooo....

  9. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expiredyoghurt
    lolz ... senior newbie? ...

    anyways welcome to CS (just incase u didn't get enough welcomes =P)

    i'm more like a newbie than witness lah =P ... haha ... only started photography as a more serious hobby in nov/dec last year =P
    eh...me only one year juz past le...

  10. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    the trick is to save as jpeg format with at least compression 6
    this will keep the quality. Anything lower that 6 and you will start to get jpeg compression artifacts
    thanx ortega

    will keep tat in mind

  11. #71
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kelle
    thanx for e tip rebbot..
    but i can't seem to resize it decently with PS.
    eg. i have a 800kb photo which i want to resize to 100mb.
    what's e best way to go about it.

    i know it sounds real 'ah dah'... but i'm very new to all these
    ...sssoooo....
    800kb to 100MB
    if you mean 100kb or less then just use the crop tool
    and resize it to 500 px by 333 px
    USM and save for web jpeg high.

    try it

  12. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    800kb to 100MB
    if you mean 100kb or less then just use the crop tool
    and resize it to 500 px by 333 px
    USM and save for web jpeg high.

    try it
    does cropping e pic mean tat i lose some of its content?

    but am going to try ur suggestion now

  13. #73
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    86

    Default

    ortega..u're rite
    its 100kb not mb

  14. #74
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kelle
    ortega..u're rite
    its 100kb not mb
    Always keep a original, do not edit this copy, only work on the duplicate, if you need future edit, save it as tiff or psd format.
    save a web jpg for email and web use,
    save a best qty jpg for printing, tiff(flatten) also can, if it is not too many files.

    Hope this help.

  15. #75
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kelle
    does cropping e pic mean tat i lose some of its content?
    Yes and No, you can crop away some content if you need to (for better composition)
    or you can choose not to (it is the same ratio)

    Did my suggestion work for you?

  16. #76
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    Yes and No, you can crop away some content if you need to (for better composition)
    or you can choose not to (it is the same ratio)

    Did my suggestion work for you?
    yep ortega... it did... e photo is much more in focus and its content is more obvious...not quite as clattered

    what do u mean however by "it is e same ratio"?
    does it mean tat e amt of kb i lose through cropping and resizing e pic is e same ?

  17. #77
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Always keep a original, do not edit this copy, only work on the duplicate, if you need future edit, save it as tiff or psd format.
    save a web jpg for email and web use,
    save a best qty jpg for printing, tiff(flatten) also can, if it is not too many files.

    Hope this help.
    thanx catchlights

    hehe...me been happily playing and editing with e original ones
    paiseh paiseh...

  18. #78
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kelle
    thanx catchlights

    hehe...me been happily playing and editing with e original ones
    paiseh paiseh...
    You're welcome!

    Just take note, if you make any mistakes, you can always revert back to the original and start again.

  19. #79
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kelle
    yep ortega... it did... e photo is much more in focus and its content is more obvious...not quite as clattered

    what do u mean however by "it is e same ratio"?
    does it mean tat e amt of kb i lose through cropping and resizing e pic is e same ?
    the same ratio means that the ratio of the sides are the same as your original pix eg 4:6

  20. #80
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    86

    Default

    ortega- i tried resizing e pic but is very much like 'tikam' cos i never know wat's its final file size till i save it and check it under My Pictures.
    I resized it using PS. It has a tool for resizing but the size i resized it to and e final file size diff noe..

    paiseh...its a rather 'qian bian' Q i know...but pls help?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •