My mobile contract is ending in March. Barring the availability of the phones, which camera phone below will you go for? I tried to summarize the specs.
1) Nokia Lumia 920
- Processor: Snapdragon dual core 1.5Ghz; 1GB internal ram
- OS: Windows 8
- 8.7 MP megapixels
- 4x digital zoom
- Carl Zeiss Tessar 26mm f2.0 lens; MFD: 8 cm
- flash: Short pulse high power dual LED
- Sensor type: BSI; True 16:9 sensor; Pixel size 1.4 µm; Sensor size 1/3"
- up to ISO 800
- feature: Pureview
2) Sony Xperia Z
- Processor: Snapdragon Pro S4 quad-core 1.5GHz; 2GB ram
- OS: Android
- 13 megapixel
- 16x digital zoom
- Lens: 28mm f2.2 (TBV)
- Flash/Pulsed LED and Photo light
- sensor type: BSI ; Sensor size 1/3"
- feature: HDR for both picture/video
3) Blackberry Z10
- Processor: Snapdragon dual core 1.5Ghz ; 2GB ram
- OS: Blackberry OS
- 8 megapixel
- 5x digital zoom
- 5-element F2.2 lens
- Sensor type: BSI; Pixel size 1.4 µm; Sensor size 1/3"
- Dedicated ISP (image signal processor) with 64MB frame buffer
- feature: Time Shift mode for pinpointing and adjusting individual elements of your picture
Sorry, Apple iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S3 are not in my radar. I am generally concern about
1) the responsiveness of the camera mode, ie how fast to start up and capture a moment and time between taking photos.
2) image quality in low light conditions, eg pubs, night, etc
3) sharp, high contrast and neutral colours under varied good light conditions
4) ability to freeze action
I have found a review here which puts the IQ of Nokia Lumia 920 to be on top, without the Sony Xperia Z in the frame.