Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 47891011 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 204

Thread: Petition urging the United Nations to reject Japan's bid for a permanent seat on the

  1. #161
    Senior Member Hommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by therat
    with this kind of 'qi' , u can had them all.
    No thanks!
    Don't be shy both of you, come lei, come! I'll use my new NINE INCH NAILS for both of you! Great for 'qi'! Just try to survive after it that is!

  2. #162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hommie
    Don't be shy both of you, come lei, come! I'll use my new NINE INCH NAILS for both of you! Great for 'qi'! Just try to survive after it that is!
    with all those needles redirecting all the qi into ur head, aren't u afraid ur head is gonna explode?
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  3. #163
    Senior Member Hommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    with all those needles redirecting all the qi into ur head, aren't u afraid ur head is gonna explode?
    No, those control 'qi'. Then again, I can make them into a weapon if I want. Come lah, let me do some on you, don't be shy. You won't regret!

  4. #164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hommie
    No, those control 'qi'. Then again, I can make them into a weapon if I want. Come lah, let me do some on you, don't be shy. You won't regret!
    actually i dun mind learning the "throwing needle" skill...so that it can go through glass. can u teach that?
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  5. #165
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    actually i dun mind learning the "throwing needle" skill...so that it can go through glass. can u teach that?
    wah, you want to learn 葵花宝典 from Hommie ah? then become sissy like 东方不败 ah?

  6. #166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    wah, you want to learn 葵花宝典 from Hommie ah? then become sissy like 东方不败 ah?
    ah...to be an invincible auntie....
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  7. #167
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    ah...to be an invincible auntie....


    wah, never underestimate auntie power ... then you can 一统天下 and then peace to the world right? ooops ... read too much novels from 金庸 liao

  8. #168
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Thumbs down

    To me, those Japs are really shameful people! Dare to do and never dare to admit!

  9. #169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    slowly lah....liberate one country at a time. just like u photograph one subject at a time.
    Slowly?? Its really taking aeons.. But look at Iraq, they acted swiftly.. What does that tell u?
    When I do right, no one remembers. When I do wrong, no one ever forgets.

  10. #170
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    So many people jumping in to support the mother land.....no wait, we aren't citizens of China, are we?? With all the sycophanthic drum-beating it is really hard to tell.

    And suddenly racism is acceptable on this forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    To me, those Japs are really shameful people! Dare to do and never dare to admit!
    Maybe some of you need to take a slightly more balanced view of things. Not everything China does is good and not everything the US/Japan does is bad. They are a lot more alike than you think, as far as methods and strategic objectives are concerned. The only reason why China hasn't done a 'US' yet is because they ain't got the ability, not because they are the paragon of virtue.

  11. #171
    Senior Member Hommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkw
    So many people jumping in to support the mother land.....no wait, we aren't citizens of China, are we?? With all the sycophanthic drum-beating it is really hard to tell.
    Dude, that is a very blunt statement. Do backup with prove.

    Quote Originally Posted by dkw
    And suddenly racism is acceptable on this forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by dkw
    Maybe some of you need to take a slightly more balanced view of things. Not everything China does is good and not everything the US/Japan does is bad. They are a lot more alike than you think, as far as methods and strategic objectives are concerned. The only reason why China hasn't done a 'US' yet is because they ain't got the ability, not because they are the paragon of virtue.
    There's no disagreement on that issue there with me. China certainly needs and should have massive amount of room to improve to avoid the issue of Tiananmen Square and human rights from happening again. But the main issue here lies in whether Japan have face the truth in history thus gaining our trust for a permanent seats. Almost all the Asian country at the east coast line of Asia have vary degree of suffering from Japan's ambition. How could they represent us well if they refuse to even admit the truth?

    Bone of discontent comes when China came in with rising power threatening to attack Taiwan for their separatist movement. Using their rising influence to pressure those who supported/help(us included) Taiwan. There is no right or wrong here. China, have all the reason to pursue a island that separated from them for a failed political war where the communist army gain when the KMT national army was fighting a devastating war with the Japanese. Taiwan, cut of from the mainland was ceded to Japan was only united for brief moment before the civil war in Mainland pushes the KMT in surprise attack routed them for a full retreat into Taiwan. There Taiwan grew separately and became democratic while the Mainland eyeing them threw threat against the island for more than 40 years. As the older generation of hardline KMT dies, so does the connection with the mainland as the newer generation grew up without any connection or feeling for reunitifcation with the Mainland China.

    Its not a simple matter of right or wrong here but rather the crude method of which the communist have push their new found wealth and influences(funny that the socialist have embrace the capitalist and yet retaining the commun titles) to those standing besides Taiwan. And Taiwan have all the reasons not to accept the undemocractic 800 pound gorilla(as dkh mentions) forced marriage. Amazing thing is that the communist have since learn to push US to toe taiwan inline instead of doing it directly but they have still much to learn.

    Those on this permanent seat debate issue have remembered from history of only recent or at the last hundred year have marked differences in the opinions of should the seat go to Japan or not.
    Last edited by Hommie; 27th March 2005 at 07:11 PM.

  12. #172
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Leith Road
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    Tat's one reason why I dun use Japanese cameras!
    Good for you!

    'Unfortunately' for many of us, we cannot avoid driving Jap or German cars, watching cable on Jap TV sets, drinking Yakult or using Jap 35mm film (also Sony CCDs)!

  13. #173
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clark75
    Good for you!

    'Unfortunately' for many of us, we cannot avoid driving Jap or German cars, watching cable on Jap TV sets, drinking Yakult or using Jap 35mm film (also Sony CCDs)!
    I myself do consciously avoid jap stuff and culture, albeit with a practical slant.

    I should point out however, in case it gets lost in all these arguments, that the Germans have worked it into their history and culture that what happened during WWII should not have happened and should not happened again. Every German probably knows this, they never denied what they did.

    This is what people like Hommie has been saying, what the Japs (and yes I used "Jap" on purpose) refused to admit is why the chinese and the koreans are still upset with them.

  14. #174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkw
    So many people jumping in to support the mother land.....no wait, we aren't citizens of China, are we?? With all the sycophanthic drum-beating it is really hard to tell.

    And suddenly racism is acceptable on this forum?


    Maybe some of you need to take a slightly more balanced view of things. Not everything China does is good and not everything the US/Japan does is bad. They are a lot more alike than you think, as far as methods and strategic objectives are concerned. The only reason why China hasn't done a 'US' yet is because they ain't got the ability, not because they are the paragon of virtue.
    Obviously u read nothing about history. What Japan did in WWII was horrible than any other nation. You think war is about killing is ok for you then so be it. But killing/murdering in different fashions (before or after) like raping (mother to son and father to daugthers), Mutilation, gas chamber, machine gun, burying alive, head chopping, virgina poke, Fetus dug from womb, babies bayonet, breast cutting, sexual organs dug out etc sounds nice to you?

    and what did China did to piss you off so much??

    Firing missiles to Taiwan? Did you know what happened to Taiwan before or you just read blindly articles from newspapers? and for those who mentioned tibet, so much for PRC did tortures/massarces in Tibet which the west media published, where were the photos??? Moreover, Tibet itself declared independence under the Influence of foriegn nations at the times when China was involved in Civil war which most chinese considered it as illegal.

    And the bad thing about US is she is willingly to cast away what the japs did in WWII and putting back those who did terrible things in the war to head japan.

    So what is the racism you are refering to? You are right that not everything China did is correct, neither does US/Jap which is far worst than China.

    I hope WWIII will not start by the Japanese zealots.
    Last edited by tokrot; 30th March 2005 at 01:09 PM.

  15. #175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tokrot
    But killing/murdering in different fashions (before or after) like raping (mother to son and father to daugthers), Mutilation, gas chamber, machine gun, burying alive, head chopping, virgina poke, Fetus dug from womb, babies bayonet, breast cutting, sexual organs dug out etc
    war is hell...and breeds atrocities. it has happened throughout history and will continue to happen. what makes the japanese in WWII so much more monstrous is the fact they their own troops photographed and filmed their atrocities with horrific detail.

    not admitting to any of these atrocities despite such overwhelming and damning photographic evidence from their own troops is ludicrous.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  16. #176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    war is hell...and breeds atrocities. it has happened throughout history and will continue to happen. what makes the japanese in WWII so much more monstrous is the fact they their own troops photographed and filmed their atrocities with horrific detail.

    not admitting to any of these atrocities despite such overwhelming and damning photographic evidence from their own troops is ludicrous.
    Zaren, I totally agreed with you. Despite massive photographic evidence, they still said massarce never happened. Not vey long ago, they admitted the existence of comfort women. What the japs are trying to do now is to drag the case forever and let the survivors die and nothing or any evidence can be made against them. How can we allow these ppl to be in UN security permanent seat when they are not even honest?

  17. #177
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near the Equator
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tokrot
    Obviously u read nothing about history. What Japan did in WWII was horrible than any other nation. You think war is about killing is ok for you then so be it. But killing/murdering in different fashions (before or after) like raping (mother to son and father to daugthers), Mutilation, gas chamber, machine gun, burying alive, head chopping, virgina poke, Fetus dug from womb, babies bayonet, breast cutting, sexual organs dug out etc sounds nice to you?

    and what did China did to piss you off so much??

    Firing missiles to Taiwan? Did you know what happened to Taiwan before or you just read blindly articles from newspapers? and for those who mentioned tibet, so much for PRC did tortures/massarces in Tibet which the west media published, where were the photos??? Moreover, Tibet itself declared independence under the Influence of foriegn nations at the times when China was involved in Civil war which most chinese considered it as illegal.

    And the bad thing about US is she is willingly to cast away what the japs did in WWII and putting back those who did terrible things in the war to head japan.

    So what is the racism you are refering to? You are right that not everything China did is correct, neither does US/Jap which is far worst than China.

    I hope WWIII will not start by the Japanese zealots.
    I'm more concerned with China behaving exactly like pre WW2 Germany and Japan.Belligerent, ambitious and etc..If you say that Tibet was wrong to declare independance, so is our very own existence a mere figment of your imagination?

    Certain things come in shades of grey, and within that are those dark enough to be apparent to all..
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

  18. #178
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default

    LazerLordz, better re-read your history, we did not exactly "declare" independence.

    I don't understand why this is being made into a case of China vs Japan. For me it is just "Japan: yes or no". plain and simple, No Japs, any one else is fine, including the germans.

  19. #179
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tokrot
    Obviously u read nothing about history. What Japan did in WWII was horrible than any other nation. You think war is about killing is ok for you then so be it. But killing/murdering in different fashions (before or after) like raping (mother to son and father to daugthers), Mutilation, gas chamber, machine gun, burying alive, head chopping, virgina poke, Fetus dug from womb, babies bayonet, breast cutting, sexual organs dug out etc sounds nice to you?

    and what did China did to piss you off so much??

    Firing missiles to Taiwan? Did you know what happened to Taiwan before or you just read blindly articles from newspapers? and for those who mentioned tibet, so much for PRC did tortures/massarces in Tibet which the west media published, where were the photos??? Moreover, Tibet itself declared independence under the Influence of foriegn nations at the times when China was involved in Civil war which most chinese considered it as illegal.

    And the bad thing about US is she is willingly to cast away what the japs did in WWII and putting back those who did terrible things in the war to head japan.

    So what is the racism you are refering to? You are right that not everything China did is correct, neither does US/Jap which is far worst than China.

    I hope WWIII will not start by the Japanese zealots.
    Actually,
    I do know a little history. Suffice to say, I have no bias and feel a more balanced approach is appropriate. As for your graphic descriptions, I don't think the Japanese have any monopoly on brutality. Just take a look at Rwanda and Kosovo, why don't I see you raging against the Hutus or Serbs? And my comment on racism, do look at the post I was replying to......blatant racism against the Japanese. The same type of racism and bigotry that abetted the Holocaust and the Japanese atrocities we are now trying to put right. It may be acceptable to some members of this forum to express their rage by casting racial slurs, but NOT in my book, and I have the same right as anybody else to express that opinion. If you don't like it, tough.

    What I have emphasised consistently (I believe) in my few posts on this thread, is the need for balance. There is too much skewed opinion in the favour of China. Yes, it is a problem and to certain people it sticks in the throat that the Japanese government do not make an effort to come clean on this. That does not mean that the entire Japanese people are defined by this singular issue. Despite their faults, there is much to be admired about the Japanese, their society and work ethic. Do they deserve a permanent seat? I'm not so sure, but not based on this issue alone.

    Btw, I think WW3 is more likely to start across the Taiwan strait than across the Japan sea, and if it happens, China's belligerence and trigger-happiness will have a large part in starting it. I wish China well, but I fear for its development, truly.

  20. #180
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near the Equator
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    LazerLordz, better re-read your history, we did not exactly "declare" independence.

    I don't understand why this is being made into a case of China vs Japan. For me it is just "Japan: yes or no". plain and simple, No Japs, any one else is fine, including the germans.
    I did not say we declared independance.But to retake Tibet after it has seceded , and against the wishes of her people are a no-no.Independance is a sacred thing.It doesn't matter who instigated it, because its always that much easier to look at it in hindsight yeah..

    Anyway, let's just leave it at that.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 47891011 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •