Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3678910 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 204

Thread: Petition urging the United Nations to reject Japan's bid for a permanent seat on the

  1. #141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hommie
    An invasion is not gonna stop terrorism, infact it has gotten worse!
    nah... it's gotten better.

    no more planes crashing into skyscrapers.

    terrorists being reviled by fellow muslims for their acts .

    fatwa issued against osama and al-qaeda.

  2. #142
    Senior Member Hommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    nah... it's gotten better.
    no more planes crashing into skyscrapers.
    terrorists being reviled by fellow muslims for their acts .
    fatwa issued against osama and al-qaeda.
    Body count of a thousand US soldiers in post war Iraq, suicde bomber is almost a daily affair. Attack on rail train in Spain, bomding in Bali, be-heading of Americans, Koreans etc.....

    Btw, Afghanistan is slowly slipping into civil war and osama is still on the lose.

  3. #143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hommie
    Body count of a thousand US soldiers in post war Iraq, suicde bomber is almost a daily affair. Attack on rail train in Spain, bomding in Bali, be-heading of Americans, Koreans etc.....

    Btw, Afghanistan is slowly slipping into civil war and osama is still on the lose.
    casualties of war against terror .... u din think al-queda and JI was just going to disband of their own accord rite. they can only be forced to do so, gradually and painfully.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  4. #144
    Senior Member Hommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    casualties of war against terror .... u din think al-queda and JI was just going to disband of their own accord rite. they can only be forced to do so, gradually and painfully.
    No, unlikely that they will stop. Just look at Palestinian even after Yasser Arafat's death. Ariel Sharon is using terror against terror method back at them, yeah that helps!

    The Hamas has since taken over and it is worse than ever!

  5. #145
    Senior Member Hommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    casualties of war against terror .... u din think al-queda and JI was just going to disband of their own accord rite. they can only be forced to do so, gradually and painfully.
    Actually, you can't really term those thousands of American's soldier who died after they have occupied Iraq as a casualties of war cause the real war is already over now. They died after the war from the sucide bombers not soldiers of Iraq.

    But against terror, yes.

  6. #146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hommie
    Actually, you can't really term those thousands of American's soldier who died after they have occupied Iraq as a casualties of war cause the real war is already over now. They died after the war from the sucide bombers not soldiers of Iraq.

    But against terror, yes.
    the real war is not over....just that saddam's remnant army has gone underground. there was no surrender or armistice, so the war is still on. suicide bombers are not new, kamikazes were used by japan in WWII as an offensive weapon in war.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  7. #147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hommie
    No, unlikely that they will stop. Just look at Palestinian even after Yasser Arafat's death. Ariel Sharon is using terror against terror method back at them, yeah that helps!

    The Hamas has since taken over and it is worse than ever!
    sharon is also giving land back to the palestinians, which is a significant move in the right direction.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  8. #148
    Senior Member Hommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    sharon is also giving land back to the palestinians, which is a significant move in the right direction.
    Sorry, I gotta..........muahahaaahahahhaaaahhhaaa!

  9. #149
    Senior Member Hommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    the real war is not over....just that saddam's remnant army has gone underground. there was no surrender or armistice, so the war is still on. suicide bombers are not new, kamikazes were used by japan in WWII as an offensive weapon in war.
    Can hardly call that better.... now they can't see the enemy....

  10. #150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hommie
    Sorry, I gotta..........muahahaaahahahhaaaahhhaaa!
    wow....quite amazed u can laugh with all those needles stuck in ur face.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  11. #151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hommie
    Can hardly call that better.... now they can't see the enemy....
    modern warfare.... can destroy the unseen enemy. even the SAF is upgrading its weapons likewise.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  12. #152
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near the Equator
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    Sometimes, it is inevitable that the kid gloves must come off and overwhelming force be applied to wipe out any evil in existence.No quarter be given and nothing spared.But to what extent should we allow collateral damage to spread at the expense of a future moral high ground judged by our descendants..

    As they have always said, the victors write history.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

  13. #153
    Senior Member Hommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    modern warfare.... can destroy the unseen enemy. even the SAF is upgrading its weapons likewise.
    Don't mind me but I gotta........Muahahahahahahhhhhaaaaa!

  14. #154
    Senior Member Hommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz
    Sometimes, it is inevitable that the kid gloves must come off and overwhelming force be applied to wipe out any evil in existence.No quarter be given and nothing spared.But to what extent should we allow collateral damage to spread at the expense of a future moral high ground judged by our descendants..

    As they have always said, the victors write history.
    Hmmm, I wouldn't call them evil, extreme in view perhaps, misguided even. How I wish everything could be summed up in good versus evil there. Likely to be grey all over.

  15. #155
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Raping, looting, massacre, hardliners in serving the current govt... Now, tell me which country member in the UN Security Council has NEVER done that? 50yrs, 100yrs, 1000yrs... Every country had went thru a process of 'been there, done that'. So-called 'civilised nations' u see now were aggressors one way or another in the history of mankind. The difference between them and 'recent aggressors' like Japan is juz the process of white-washing history to suit themselves.

    History is written by the victors, is judged on perspective and shaped by politics. If we wanna talk about WWII being a fight of 'good & evil', how about WWI? How abt other fairly recent wars like Iran, Afganistan, Iraq? Now, if we wanna talk about stuff like dis, how abt The Opium War in the 1800s? Holy Crusades against the Islamic Nations, etc, etc.

    Let's not get sore over events 60 years ago. We are all (directly or indirectly) so-called 'lapdogs'. Be it Western Cultural Invasion, Japanese Cultural Invasion or Korean Cultural Invasion, etc, etc. If what we gonna do is to get sore over what happened 60yrs ago and refuse to move on simply because of 'an owed apology', there can never be a future simply because we are still looking backwards.

    Man's eyes are not made directional for fun. Its there for a purpose.

    My take on this. Peace.
    I don't know if you see the difference: at least the other countries that had similar practises 'learnt' from their past mistakes, and had shown remorse, or were teaching their own people what they did. The Germans recently did, but some part in the japanese population not, they act as if these things never happened (e.g. they denied the rapings in Nanking ever happened).....if you keep doing this, these acts can repeat itself again.......it is about avoiding it happens ever again in the future, thats the legacy of history education, to learn from your own mistakes......just like photography: make mistakes, and learn from it. If you didn't learn from it, you may repeat it again, and again, and again.......

    Yes, it happened 60 years ago, but if we forget about it, then the deaths of all those people were for no reason...........we won't learn from it.

    HS

  16. #156
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default

    I agree if the reason for the petition is that Japan should apologize, and then its over.....that's only for our own ego. More importantly, is that they should teach their own people what happened......I heard from a friend that some japanese say those pics showing how the japanese soldiers behaved in Nanking were doctored....the thing is if you wait another 20-30 years or so, there won't be anyone alive who actually went through that period personally. Then history can repeat itself again.........humans have the habit of not learning from past mistakes......

  17. #157
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee
    A criminal pay back by serving the jail term. Then they can return to the society as a renewed man. This "yellow ribbon" project, I support.

    But the japs gov till now, still does not appol. for their crime (can sentance the country jail right). No remose. So how can we trust them in the UN.

    Than again, dont we all trust japs consumer product, canon, nikon, pentax, konica minolta, fuji........ the list goes on.
    Tat's one reason why I dun use Japanese cameras!

  18. #158
    Senior Member Hommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    wow....quite amazed u can laugh with all those needles stuck in ur face.
    Its called acupuncture! An ancient Chinese medical invention, it controls the 'qi' in body. Wanna try??

  19. #159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hommie
    Its called acupuncture! An ancient Chinese medical invention, it controls the 'qi' in body. Wanna try??
    erm...no thanks....
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  20. #160
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hommie
    Its called acupuncture! An ancient Chinese medical invention, it controls the 'qi' in body. Wanna try??
    with this kind of 'qi' , u can had them all.
    No thanks!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3678910 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •