Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition urging the United Nations to reject Japan's bid for a permanent seat on the

Dont think we are taring the japs citizens here.

We are just not convince japs should get the seat. On what basis one may ask? Take a good look at the list.

Germany has the courage to admit and appologies for their mistake. Why not the japs?

I sympatise the new generations of japs, can you imagine how traumatise they will be, upon learning the TRUE FACTS on japs involvement in WWII?
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee
    Dont think we are taring the japs citizens here.

We are just not convince japs should get the seat. On what basis one may ask? Take a good look at the list.

Germany has the courage to admit and appologies for their mistake. Why not the japs?

I sympatise the new generations of japs, can you imagine how traumatise they will be, upon learning the TRUE FACTS on japs involvement in WWII?
    then they should admit and tell their government.
    and teach the fellow japanese what is going on.
    Some only admit outside but once back home. zip up their mouth.

As for the sympatise, hmmm... I don't think they deserve that.
    Their parent didn't tell them the truth. May be don't know
    Their grandfather didn't tell them the truth. May be too Shamefull to tell their grandchild what they did during WWII. Unless they want to tell their grandchild, u see.. ur grandfather , me .. kill how many ppl, how many babies, taste how many women.
    Their teacher didn't teach them as the book didn't mention.

Quote Originally Posted by therat
    then they should admit and tell their government.
    and teach the fellow japanese what is going on.
    Some only admit outside but once back home. zip up their mouth.

As for the sympatise, hmmm... I don't think they deserve that.
    Their parent didn't tell them the truth. May be don't know
    Their grandfather didn't tell them the truth. May be too Shamefull to tell their grandchild what they did during WWII. Unless they want to tell their grandchild, u see.. ur grandfather , me .. kill how many ppl, how many babies, taste how many women.
    Their teacher didn't teach them as the book didn't mention.
    I dont think you should punish the youngsters for not knowing the fact. Also cant blaim the teachers, they probably get arrested by jap ISA should they try to teach what their gov deems not correct. To me, the faults lays with the policy maker, ie jap gov.
    Last edited by denniskee; 25th March 2005 at 10:27 AM.

To the japs friends reading this, pls understand we are not against you.

Hope by reading this and also the world news, you should be able to judge for yourself if there is any truth of what had been this discussion. Do research on your own, seek the truth, and strive to make you gov realise the common view of what others thinks of your beloved country.

To the japs friends reading this, pls understand we are not against you.

Hope by reading this and also the world news, you should be able to judge for yourself if there is any truth of what had been this discussion. Do research on your own, seek the truth, and strive to make you gov realise the common view of what others thinks of your beloved country.
    pls note: japanese do not like to be called "japs".

just like chinese do not like to be called "chinks".

Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz
    I rather see American troops walking the streets of some nation than a towelhead *****er blowing himself up in the name of Islam, now that's blasphemy.
    I dont recall any suicide bombings in Iraq BEFORE the American invasion. Nowadays its a daily occurrence.

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    pls note: japanese do not like to be called "japs".

just like chinese do not like to be called "chinks".
    Oops, my apology. Will log that in mind.

Thanks for pointing out zaren

Quote Originally Posted by spindoctor
    I dont recall any suicide bombings in Iraq BEFORE the American invasion. Nowadays its a daily occurrence.
    i don't recall any summary executions/genocide after the american liberation. iraqis even get to vote.

or use human to test the potancy ot their new chemical weapon as in 731

I recall seeing the smile on the face of an old man after the war.I recall seeing the world rejoice after another authoritarian dictator was toppled.Democracy and accountability is an inevitable process.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    U going to be public enemy number #2 already...
    just give up lah, else u'll be another da lawyer...
    I dunno, public enemy for speaking my mind passionately? So be it!

I recall seeing the smile on the face of an old man after the war.I recall seeing the world rejoice after another authoritarian dictator was toppled.Democracy and accountability is an inevitable process.
    Guess who supported this tyran with weapons of mass destruction before the previous war?.........

There will always be black sheep. But as long as there is accountability by the gov involve, war criminals will pay!!!

Look the case of mistreatment of the Iraq prisoners, heads had fallen in US army since the hearing. At least the amricans stand up and admit to their worng doing.

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    i don't recall any summary executions/genocide after the american liberation. iraqis even get to vote.
    Lets see now....Saddam used chemical weapons on the Iraqis. Well so did the Americans:

U.S. used banned weapons in Fallujah Health ministry

http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/new...ervice_id=7216

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english...ent_422083.htm

"He said that researches, prepared by his medical team, prove that U.S. occupation forces used internationally prohibited substances, including mustard gas, nerve gas, and other burning chemicals in their attacks in the war-torn city."

Summary executions?

Marines Killed Four Wounded Iraqi Prisoners: US Reporter

http://www.islamonline.net/English/N...rticle01.shtml

Yes Iraqis get to vote but the Americans are building a string of military bases there as well as the biggest US embassy in the world. Do you think any elected Iraqi government can act freely without considering whether their actions will please or displease the Americans?

Quote Originally Posted by spindoctor
    Lets see now....Saddam used chemical weapons on the Iraqis. Well so did the Americans:

U.S. used banned weapons in Fallujah Health ministry

http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/new...ervice_id=7216

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english...ent_422083.htm

"He said that researches, prepared by his medical team, prove that U.S. occupation forces used internationally prohibited substances, including mustard gas, nerve gas, and other burning chemicals in their attacks in the war-torn city."

Summary executions?

Marines Killed Four Wounded Iraqi Prisoners: US Reporter

http://www.islamonline.net/English/N...rticle01.shtml

Yes Iraqis get to vote but the Americans are building a string of military bases there as well as the biggest US embassy in the world. Do you think any elected Iraqi government can act freely without considering whether their actions will please or displease the Americans?

Thousands of people from many major cities around the world protested against the war during its second annivesary. Many of the placards denounced Bush and Blair as murderers and war ciriminals. See the photos for yourself:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?g=e...e=1&t=&prev=23

Quote Originally Posted by Hommie
    Can say that, its the work of one person called Chin Peng.
    hehehe... u read 'Chin Peng - My other side of History' right?

I wun credit him totally of being the catalyst to independence of both Singapore and Malaysia. But more of one of the factors. Remember, he is not the only person who might have thought that way before, during and after the war.

Quote Originally Posted by tokrot
    Hommie, well rebutted! I have been observing the debate between you and Prismatic. Actually I had hot debates with HWZers in CAL forum previously. It seems that many ppl lacked the perspective to see the side of history. I hope the world is not playing into amercian propaganda. I definitely would not want a nation (to be in UN p.seat) with records in raping, looting, massacre and with ex-war criminals who brought out of justice just to serve and rebuild Japan. Most importantly, they have no remorse over what they did and refusal to apologise.

Germany should be on the permanent seat instead of Japan.
    Raping, looting, massacre, hardliners in serving the current govt... Now, tell me which country member in the UN Security Council has NEVER done that? 50yrs, 100yrs, 1000yrs... Every country had went thru a process of 'been there, done that'. So-called 'civilised nations' u see now were aggressors one way or another in the history of mankind. The difference between them and 'recent aggressors' like Japan is juz the process of white-washing history to suit themselves.

History is written by the victors, is judged on perspective and shaped by politics. If we wanna talk about WWII being a fight of 'good & evil', how about WWI? How abt other fairly recent wars like Iran, Afganistan, Iraq? Now, if we wanna talk about stuff like dis, how abt The Opium War in the 1800s? Holy Crusades against the Islamic Nations, etc, etc.

Let's not get sore over events 60 years ago. We are all (directly or indirectly) so-called 'lapdogs'. Be it Western Cultural Invasion, Japanese Cultural Invasion or Korean Cultural Invasion, etc, etc. If what we gonna do is to get sore over what happened 60yrs ago and refuse to move on simply because of 'an owed apology', there can never be a future simply because we are still looking backwards.

Man's eyes are not made directional for fun. Its there for a purpose.

My take on this. Peace.

or use human to test the potancy ot their new chemical weapon as in 731
    Now, before we hail one country as 'champions of justice, peace and democracy' and another country as 'evil', I'd like to ask if what do u guys think of countries like Russia and US?

If we are talking about 'official records', Unit 731 did exist. They were used to carry out biological experiments on human subjects. Now, how about the 'unofficial records' which NEVER SAW THE LIGHT OF DAY? Can we say that US and Russia NEVER HAD SUCH SIMILAR UNITS AS WELL?

Before we start country bashing over using Human as Biological Experiment Test Subjects, I'd like u guys to think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    hehehe... u read 'Chin Peng - My other side of History' right?
    I didn't!
    I read up on the post-war Malayan history.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    I wun credit him totally of being the catalyst to independence of both Singapore and Malaysia. But more of one of the factors. Remember, he is not the only person who might have thought that way before, during and after the war.
    He is using today's terrorism method against the Brit to pressure them. Close to total war, few are doing it then during that time.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast