Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition urging the United Nations to reject Japan's bid for a permanent seat on the

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    Don't put a bounty on me. I'm just trying to bring peace.

haha ... lets get someone else to copy da lawyer and sue yyk

or maybe we should get da lawyer to settle this?

The japanese government is apparently still under strong control of the right wingers, who have their own version of WWII.....they said the same story in Indonesia, they came there to release the indonesians from the Dutch, you'r right.....the fact is: in these countries they just took over the positions of the previous occupiers...

I think the current dissent against China is due to the way China tries to get some 'face' back that they lost in the past. Now that they are a world power, China is aware of what they can achieve, and there is also pride (chinese are very proud people) in the game, however I also don't think they are planning to occupy other countries, except those that in their view was 'taken away' from them decades ago.....it also depends how far back in the past one is going to look: the indian continent long ago was part of Africa, do you think Africa has the right to 'claim' it?...maybe too far fetched, but you get what I mean...Tibet may have been part of China long ago, but that doesn't mean it should be now....China has no recent history of occupying other countries permanently,as far as I know, please correct me if I am wrong here. To question this, it is assuming only. I believe it is good to have a strong China to balance the US that is currently using their might around the world, and no one is commenting on that, instead are talking about China that 'may' become aggressive later.....the US is already aggressive NOW!

The US government is talking about spreading peace and democracy to the rest of the world, but they don't tell that they ONLY do it in their OWN interest.....no one except the US has the right to have nuclear weapons (as if the US is so peaceful: they are the only ones who has USED nuclear weapons in recent history). The danger is not the weapons, but the people behind those weapons...let me see: now Iraq, next Iran will be invaded, they are just waiting for a good excuse, Iran has the third largest oil reserves after Saudi Arabia.....

It is not that they are going to occupy Thailand, or Indonesia, to get oil, minerals, etc....as what the Japanese and Germans did...

As long as the Japanese government (not the japanese people) doesn't want to sincerely admit their mistakes in WWII, they don't deserve a seat.....
    Last edited by hongsien; 24th March 2005 at 07:59 PM. Reason: addition

Quote Originally Posted by Expiredyoghurt
    haha ... lets get someone else to copy da lawyer and sue yyk

or maybe we should get da lawyer to settle this?
    Anti-virus warning: CS.DaLawyer.Virus spreading like wildfire in CS kopitiam.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Just wanted to point out that Singapore does not lay claim to any of the Spratlys and other South China Sea territories.

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    The japanese government is apparently still under strong control of the right wingers, who have their own version of WWII.....they said the same story in Indonesia, they came there to release the indonesians from the Dutch, you'r right.....the fact is: in these countries they just took over the positions of the previous occupiers...

I think the current dissent against China is due to the way China tries to get some 'face' back that they lost in the past. Now that they are a world power, China is aware of what they can achieve, and there is also pride (chinese are very proud people) in the game, however I also don't think they are planning to occupy other countries, except those that in their view was 'taken away' from them decades ago.....it also depends how far back in the past one is going to look: the indian continent long ago was part of Africa, do you think Africa has the right to 'claim' it?...maybe too far fetched, but you get what I mean...Tibet may have been part of China long ago, but that doesn't mean it should be now....China has no recent history of occupying other countries permanently,as far as I know, please correct me if I am wrong here. To question this, it is assuming only. I believe it is good to have a strong China to balance the US that is currently using their might around the world, and no one is commenting on that, instead are talking about China that 'may' become aggressive later.....the US is already aggressive NOW!

The US government is talking about spreading peace and democracy to the rest of the world, but they don't tell that they ONLY do it in their OWN interest.....no one except the US has the right to have nuclear weapons (as if the US is so peaceful: they are the only ones who has USED nuclear weapons in recent history). The danger is not the weapons, but the people behind those weapons...let me see: now Iraq, next Iran will be invaded, they are just waiting for a good excuse, Iran has the third largest oil reserves after Saudi Arabia.....

It is not that they are going to occupy Thailand, or Indonesia, to get oil, minerals, etc....as what the Japanese and Germans did...

As long as the Japanese government (not the japanese people) doesn't want to sincerely admit their mistakes in WWII, they don't deserve a seat.....

I don't deny that the United States is a hegemonic power run by right-wingers, but if the Iraq War had not happened, would we see a Syrian pull-out of Lebanon and elections being held around the Middle East right now?No doubt, they misled the world into the war, but perhaps the aftermath is not so unpalatable after all.

I rather see American troops walking the streets of some nation than a towelhead *****er blowing himself up in the name of Islam, now that's blasphemy.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by therat

I'm totally agree... That's why I had sign up the petition.
    Even it might not be effective. But at least that these ugly Japanese know.

Admit ur mistake , Japan ghost.

For the WWII, they claim the occuption at Singapore and Malaysia is to release us from England hand.
    Should
    No doubt, their invasion caused lotsa suffering,but it was also the catalyst to our independence as well as to serve a wake up call to tell us to wake up our bloody ideas that the ang mors are NOT invincible as they'd claimed.

Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz
    No doubt, they misled the world into the war, but perhaps the aftermath is not so unpalatable after all.

<snip>

I rather see American troops walking the streets of some nation than a .... blowing himself up in the name of Islam, now that's blasphemy.
    Quite so....

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    No doubt, their invasion caused lotsa suffering,but it was also the catalyst to our independence as well as to serve a wake up call to tell us to wake up our bloody ideas that the ang mors are NOT invincible as they'd claimed.
    Can say that, its the work of one person called Chin Peng.

ok... cool cool chill...

prismatic's point of view is very clear.. he just said "There will be people who dislike China." It's the same as ppl who do not like their cameras to be made in thailand/china. Hommie: Let the matter rest already. Debating isn't all about winning. It's about agreeing to disagree. Agreed?
    No.

So.. what's the diff if you said "There will be ppl who like China?" Isn't it the same thing? I can go and and fire another debate that there is also the 3rd group that will stay neutral and will neither dislike nor like china.

Don't put a bounty on me. I'm just trying to bring peace.
    Sssshhhhhhhh! Don't tell anyone, I am just being sarcastic to him. Giving back what he said to himself exactly, heeheehee!

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    Just wanted to point out that Singapore does not lay claim to any of the Spratlys and other South China Sea territories.
    Yes but we wanna be involved

http://www.singapore-window.org/sw02/021021ps.htm

http://www.philsol.nl/news/02/Spratly01-nov02.htm
    Last edited by Hommie; 25th March 2005 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hommie
    No.

Sssshhhhhhhh! Don't tell anyone, I am just being sarcastic to him. Giving back what he said to himself exactly, heeheehee!

U going to be public enemy number #2 already...
    just give up lah, else u'll be another da lawyer...

Hommie, well rebutted! I have been observing the debate between you and Prismatic. Actually I had hot debates with HWZers in CAL forum previously. It seems that many ppl lacked the perspective to see the side of history. I hope the world is not playing into amercian propaganda. I definitely would not want a nation (to be in UN p.seat) with records in raping, looting, massacre and with ex-war criminals who brought out of justice just to serve and rebuild Japan. Most importantly, they have no remorse over what they did and refusal to apologise.

Germany should be on the permanent seat instead of Japan.
    Last edited by tokrot; 25th March 2005 at 05:38 AM.

They should abolish the council as it stands. No nation should have 'veto' power.

Not that it really matters, most of the permanent members of the 'Security Council' have the military capablity to do what they want anyway, UN or no UN.

Quote Originally Posted by therat
    Now, after reading all these mail.
    I think is the best for me to came out and say my reason/objective to start this thread.
    Personally, I didn't support Japan on this permanent seat.
    The reason is very simple.
    1. They didn't admit their mistake on WWII.
    2. They change or had their own history version of WWII.
    3. They try to tell their young genertation that Japan didn't start the war. They came to FREE the country whose was under England, Western country hand.
    4. They are rescuer.
    With all these, I don't feel they earn a seat of it. As they don't even earn a respect from others.
    Well said therat
    War is one of the most regrettable human activities.

The Germans have put in the real effort to tell the World what they have done during World War II, like mass killing of the Jews, Russian, concentration camps and etc. No history content have been amend before.
    I respect the Germans for their open heart to admit their mistakes and apologise to all nations whom she have occupy and done during World War II.

For the Japanese, I have only one phrase for you.
    You are the sons of Samurais who deserve no honour, sympathy nor respect, not because of your actions or wordings, but for your refusal to admit mistakes.

For we Asians outside Japan, the Koreans, the Chinese, the Filippinos and the rest from South East Asia.
    We are more open heart to accept a formal but simple apology.

Forgive, we can
    But Forget, NEVER
    Last edited by King Tiger; 25th March 2005 at 09:19 AM.

Default Include what therat have said and a list of reasoning

Let have a list why Japan should not have the seat in UN.

3. They try to tell their young genertation that Japan didn't start the war.
    4. They came to FREE the country whose was under England, Western country hand.
    4. They are rescuer.
    6. They said they are the victims of World War II, frequently using Hiroshima and Nagasaki as a focus point to show the next generation of their very own suffering.
    7. They claims they are force to start a war with U.S because U.S embargo thier supply lines.
    8. Some Japs claims that the Nanjing masscare never exisit, it is just a buff by the China.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tiger
    The Germans have put in the real effort to tell the World what they have done during World War II, like mass killing of the Jews, Russian, concentration camps and etc. No history content have been amend before.
    I respect the Germans for their open heart to admit their mistakes and apologise to all nations whom she have occupy and done during World War II.

For the Japanese, I have only one phrase for you.
    You are the sons of Samurais who deserve no honour, sympathy nor respect, not because of your actions or wordings, but for your refusal to admit mistakes.

For we Asians outside Japan, the Koreans, the Chinese, the Filippinos and the rest from South East Asia.
    We are more open heart to accept a formal but simple apology.

Forgive, we can
    But Forget, NEVER
    We already have the moral high ground.One day they will apologize.If not, so be it.Not all Japanese are unapologetic, it's just sad that their government is so.Never tar a country with a big brush.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Let have a list why Japan should not have the seat in UN.

3. They try to tell their young genertation that Japan didn't start the war.
    4. They came to FREE the country whose was under England, Western country hand.
    4. They are rescuer.
    6. They said they are the victims of World War II, frequently using Hiroshima and Nagasaki as a focus point to show the next generation of their very own suffering.
    7. They claims they are force to start a war with U.S because U.S embargo thier supply lines.
    8. Some Japs claims that the Nanjing masscare never exisit, it is just a buff by the China.
    9. They place war criminals in the holy shrine, as though these criminals are war heros.
    10. Despite demonstration against their PM to pay respect to these criminals, he still goes ahead, showing no respect for the victims (not referring to their version of victims).
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

i have met a number of young japanese during my university studies, and one of them actually asked me if we still hated japan for WWII. i told him that some singaporeans still cannot forgive what the japanese soldiers did during the war, and he apologised for that.

i also know a friend who hates the japanese and all things japanese, because of their atrocities during WWII, especially Unit 731. to this day, he refuses to buy or use anything that is made in japan.

Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz
    I don't deny that the United States is a hegemonic power run by right-wingers, but if the Iraq War had not happened, would we see a Syrian pull-out of Lebanon and elections being held around the Middle East right now?No doubt, they misled the world into the war, but perhaps the aftermath is not so unpalatable after all.

I rather see American troops walking the streets of some nation than a towelhead *****er blowing himself up in the name of Islam, now that's blasphemy.
    Do you really think what they want is peace for the people in the middle east?.....they only think about themselves first....its the intentions.....think about this: IF there was NO oil in the middle east, do you really think they would have wanted to remove Saddam? Or be prepared to mingle other people business there?......its about OIL, not about democracy....do you really think these people would blow themselves up if the americans were not there? They wouldn't, there is a civil war going on there, people are scrambling for power.....that's what happening.

Halliburton (Cheney's former employer) is basically Iraq's main developer now, they are buying out that country for cheap! They MAKE money from this war! Yes, its good that Saddam is gone, for the Iraqi Shites, (anyway, there are still so many tyrans in Africa, but no one is doing anything, cause they don't gain anything), is everyone forgotten that Saddam used chemical warfare to Iran,where was the US to protest?.....they didn't protest since Iran was not loved at all in the US since Khomeini's days. Saddam (and as was Osama strangely enough) was supported by the US. Can all this be whitewashed, just because they removed Saddam for the Iraqis? They din;t do it fot eh Iraqis, they did it because Saddam was invadng Kuwait, that was a maor oil exporter to the US.....

I feel sad for the world, as oil is running out in about 50 years, everyone will be scrambling for oil....I believe Iran will be next to be invaded, with some excuse being used.

The question of having Japan in the council is a trivial matter, .......the important thing is that the Japanese people will know what happened during the war, we must keep telling the stories. Here in HK, months ago there was some exhibition in the shopping streets with pics depicting about the Nanjing massacre, I heard some japanese denied this had happened. I am not sure what Singapore or other counries are doing to inform the people. But please let not generalise ALL japanese into one group, I have many japanese friends who know what happened during the war, and really feel sad about it. Its only a small but powerful group in japan that thinks differently, they are also victims of the war....just differently (if you understand what I mean).

HS
    Last edited by hongsien; 25th March 2005 at 10:17 AM.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast