Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ban smoking at Coffee Shop n pub = worst?

Will there be a day where smoking cigarettes produces no smoke?
    I know its like "Uncle, 1 plate of chicken rice, don't want chicken."

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    I think they have something similar. Basically you take in the nicotine by drawing/sucking from a plasticky pipe thing.

But don't know about its effectiveness because I haven't tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    No fun la like that. It's very therapeutic blowing smoke out....

i think the government siao already...
    nothing to do.. want to create job for their staff to crack their head.

aiiyyaaaa !!!!! might as well ban tobacco . . . .
    ban tobacco totally in singapore,
    dunno they 1 2 do or not ??????

Quote Originally Posted by Fundee
    aiiyyaaaa !!!!! might as well ban tobacco . . . .
    ban tobacco totally in singapore,
    dunno they 1 2 do or not ??????
    that's sound great...

so in futher.... picture..
    migratation office ask "Why u want to migrate"
    Want to migrate reply " oh! be'coz singapore cannot smoke, no tobacco. Outside can"

total ban better....i am an extremist when it comes to smoking. Pollute the air, make the medical bill increase which indirectly affect non-smokers as they have to pay more also. Dirty the environment with all the cig butts. Makes my clothes and hair stinks whenever they are around. Make me cant enjoy my kopi at kopidiam and had to leave earlier due to the floating smoke.

The only good thing i can tink of from the smokers is that they contribute a lot of $ for s'pore. But since the $ is going into medical, its as good as nothig. Waste $ to spoil own's and others health. The cig makers ought to be shot.
    All the tupid excuses of smoking bcoz stress, totally BS.....i stress oso dont smoke and there's so many stress reliever ways but dunno why ppl only choose smoking.

I support the gov't in banning more places from smokers and further increase the price. Its a realli stress reliever for me whenever i heard of such news.

Quote Originally Posted by kensh09
    total ban better....i am an extremist when it comes to smoking. Pollute the air, make the medical bill increase which indirectly affect non-smokers as they have to pay more also. Dirty the environment with all the cig butts. Makes my clothes and hair stinks whenever they are around. Make me cant enjoy my kopi at kopidiam and had to leave earlier due to the floating smoke.

The only good thing i can tink of from the smokers is that they contribute a lot of $ for s'pore. But since the $ is going into medical, its as good as nothig. Waste $ to spoil own's and others health. The cig makers ought to be shot.
    All the tupid excuses of smoking bcoz stress, totally BS.....i stress oso dont smoke and there's so many stress reliever ways but dunno why ppl only choose smoking.

I support the gov't in banning more places from smokers and further increase the price. Its a realli stress reliever for me whenever i heard of such news.
    You wanna ban incinaraters, cars, factories too? They all produce smoke and pollute the air. If you want clean air, you're more of a country bumpkin. Welcome to a city.

Why can't we have relatively clean air? We'll be the first city in the world to have very clean air. Since we are a "Garden City" already, why not go a step further?

I think smokers should be banned from the area within coffeeshops, but allowed in the open spaces near the coffeeshop.

Maybe Govt suggesting army yellow box rules in the future. This way also decease the number of litter of cigarette butt.

Btw, I was buying cigarette when young but now, maybe due to pocket $ increase n youngster start to smoke at young and therefore, govt worried. Anyway, govt shouldn't ban too much, it is our freedom to smoke or not.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

aiyah...double standard, double face,
    they ban and they sell

Hope your wish come true .....

I wonder if smokes from cars/bikes is "healthier" than cigarrettes and does not cause your hair and clothes smell bad

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    You wanna ban incinaraters, cars, factories too? They all produce smoke and pollute the air. If you want clean air, you're more of a country bumpkin. Welcome to a city.
    true, but that's a good start to stop pollution. slowly things will change and the environment will get cleaner and better. human has to have initiative.

while i was out with my army frens this afternoon, one of them suggested that we paint a yellow box for the smokers in the public..just like in the army.. what do u guys think? :P

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    not all who want clean air are country bumpkin. U telling me u like to smell smoke, fart and all pullutants?
    you're a ditch man eh?

Quote Originally Posted by djchris
    while i was out with my army frens this afternoon, one of them suggested that we paint a yellow box for the smokers in the public..just like in the army.. what do u guys think? :P
    impossible......if smokers are so obedient there wont be so many measures to cut them down....

not all who want clean air are country bumpkin. U telling me u like to smell smoke, fart and all pullutants?
    you're a ditch man eh?
    Not that i like. I did not say that i like. Why put words in my mouth? A city's life is like that. Full of noise and pollutants. Dun you know? If you cannot accept it, then why stay in the city? Why force yourself?

impossible......if smokers are so obedient there wont be so many measures to cut them down....
    You think you are all high and almighty? Looking down on smokers and think that they dun follow rules? You are pretty naive to think that those measures are PURELY meant to help smokers cut down.
    Last edited by afbug; 24th March 2005 at 11:48 PM.

Yeah, it's always easy to be an 'extremist' when it concerns issues which you are not a factor of. "I am an extremist when it comes to rapists geting 30 strokes of the cane, I am an extremist when it comes to drug trafficers getting the death penalty." Grow up and be realistic. So I guess smokers are the main causes of polluting the air and the cause of the increase of medical bills. Various industries such as refineries and factories arn't at least the 70% cause of total pollution? Smoking is the main cause of the rising cost of health care? Not because people chose not to lead a healthy lifestyle on their own by regular exercise, eating right, genetic ailments, aging population etc?

Do you really think that cigarette smokes contributes a significant amout to pollution? And if the gahmen was really so concerned about pollution, locally and globally, would they be contemplating selling Singapore's pollution credits to other industralised countries such as Japan under the 1997 Kyoto Protocol? Because Singapore pollutes the enviroment less than we are 'permitted to', excess credits can be sold to other countries which over-pollute.

As said in my previous reply, only smokers are guilty of littering? No one else throws tissue paper, advertistment flyers, sweet wrappers wtc? You can choose not to be in smoke filled enviroments which make your 'clothes and hair stinks' whenever we smokers are around. I guess if you walk past someone on the street who is taking a puff, your clothes and hair will stink for the rest of the day. As for the kopidiam, arn't smokers allowed to even be there and have a smoke? Or is the entire open air surrounding out of bounds to us?

Yes we do contribute a certain sum to the economy in the form of tobacco taxes. But, are you sure all the tobacco money goes to healthcare subsidies? What percentage of total government revenue (Income Tax, Corporate Tax, Property Tax, GST, COE.... tobacco tax!?) actually goes to health care? Can you please further elaborate? What you deem as 'waste' may not be someone elses opinion. Cigarette makers ought to be shot? Maybe. This is probably the only point of yours I agree with.

Don't try and elevate yourself on a moral level from smokers just because we indulge in a bad habit. Who cares what our excuses for smoking are? Are you the 'know it all' in methods of stress relief? Scientific backing please? Do you have any evidence that by stopping smoking and adapting alternate means of 'stress control', stress levels in society will be reduced?

You can 'support' the gahmen all you want. I am sure they are thrilled by your backing of their rulings. While your 'stress' is relieved whenever you hear of such news, mine is relieved whenever I have a good 'ol puff. Somehow I HOPE my smokes actually make your 'clothes and hair stinks'.

When will the self-righteous stop passing such sweeping opinions?
    Last edited by mr_jason; 25th March 2005 at 01:33 AM.

OBEDIENT!???!?!

Exactly what rules have we not obeyed? Your rules? Sorry but when I last checked, I didn't see your name as the government's.

Maybe I should check if I missed any elections while being out of Singapore...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast