Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Morning photo hike up Bukit Timah Hill on 17 Feb 2013.

  1. #1

    Default Morning photo hike up Bukit Timah Hill on 17 Feb 2013.

    We will meet at Bukit Timah Nature Reserve Visitor Centre which is basically the start point. Timing is 8am.

    Since it is a fairly common trail, feel free to join if feel like it. This outing is more for the photographers to beta test the kit they intend to bring up on a more challenging hike in future.

    Also if you have new hiking boots, chance to break them in. Be prepared for rain just in case.

    Then if still have energy, we can take the Dairy Farm route down or simply take the usual route back to visitor centre.

    Info here. Nature Reserves

    We will be taking the Green path (Moderate to Difficult).

    All thats needed to join is to reply to this thread as well as how many people you might be bringing with you.

    Post here also any comments or suggestions.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    32

    Default Re: Morning photo hike up Bukit Timah Hill on 17 Feb 2013.

    I will join! This should be an interesting hike!

    Any further details such as contact person etc?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Morning photo hike up Bukit Timah Hill on 17 Feb 2013.

    Quote Originally Posted by angelh3art View Post
    I will join! This should be an interesting hike!

    Any further details such as contact person etc?
    That would be me. By Friday once i get the full strength of people going, will send out my hp by PM.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bukit Batok
    Posts
    263

    Default Re: Morning photo hike up Bukit Timah Hill on 17 Feb 2013.

    Count me in. I will bring what i think is required as i am new to hiking .

  5. #5

    Default Re: Morning photo hike up Bukit Timah Hill on 17 Feb 2013.

    hi guys. can i join?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Morning photo hike up Bukit Timah Hill on 17 Feb 2013.

    Quote Originally Posted by yeekhai View Post
    Count me in. I will bring what i think is required as i am new to hiking .
    Better to have a wtf moment at bukit timah rather then at mt bromo. At most is half day there so feel free to test your system.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Morning photo hike up Bukit Timah Hill on 17 Feb 2013.

    Quote Originally Posted by gochi17 View Post
    hi guys. can i join?
    Sure. Details are at 1st post.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    677

    Default Re: Morning photo hike up Bukit Timah Hill on 17 Feb 2013.

    Hey guys, i try to hike the hill before, when u r hiking, u wont feel like shooting anything but rather drinking water n wonder why am I here .. lol
    I have seen some ladies collapse from exhaustion so do rest well, drink at least 500ml of water the night before and bring some bananas or gel
    If the photo i took is 1% unclear, I will rather delete .. www.flickr.com/photos/59837685@N03/

  9. #9

    Default Re: Morning photo hike up Bukit Timah Hill on 17 Feb 2013.

    Hi! Can I join please? Thanks so much! Happy CNY! ^_^

    Quote Originally Posted by canonmono View Post
    Hey guys, i try to hike the hill before, when u r hiking, u wont feel like shooting anything but rather drinking water n wonder why am I here .. lol
    I have seen some ladies collapse from exhaustion so do rest well, drink at least 500ml of water the night before and bring some bananas or gel

  10. #10

    Default Re: Morning photo hike up Bukit Timah Hill on 17 Feb 2013.

    A general rule; travel light if you're new and manage your expectations. Otherwise, you'll endup not enjoying and learning anything. Keep the tripod at home. Use monopod if need be. Enjoy the trip.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrlimsy123
    A general rule; travel light if you're new and manage your expectations. Otherwise, you'll endup not enjoying and learning anything. Keep the tripod at home. Use monopod if need be. Enjoy the trip.
    hi to everyone. any updates for this hiking? number of people? thanks

  12. #12

    Default Re: Morning photo hike up Bukit Timah Hill on 17 Feb 2013.

    Quote Originally Posted by determinedtolearn View Post
    Hi! Can I join please? Thanks so much! Happy CNY! ^_^
    No problem. Refer to post 1 for details.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Morning photo hike up Bukit Timah Hill on 17 Feb 2013.

    Quote Originally Posted by gochi17 View Post
    hi to everyone. any updates for this hiking? number of people? thanks
    Will update later tonight.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  14. #14

    Default

    hi, would like join this outing n i am bring a friend along. kindly keep me update. thk alot.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Morning photo hike up Bukit Timah Hill on 17 Feb 2013.

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepytiti View Post
    hi, would like join this outing n i am bring a friend along. kindly keep me update. thk alot.
    Welcome, all the info is at post 1.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    677

    Default Re: Morning photo hike up Bukit Timah Hill on 17 Feb 2013.

    got shoot in the afternoon if not will join u guys, enjoy and wear light, bring hat/poncho as u nber know the temper of the snake in the sky
    If the photo i took is 1% unclear, I will rather delete .. www.flickr.com/photos/59837685@N03/

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by canonmono View Post
    got shoot in the afternoon if not will join u guys, enjoy and wear light, bring hat/poncho as u nber know the temper of the snake in the sky
    So any updates? Already sat.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Morning photo hike up Bukit Timah Hill on 17 Feb 2013.

    As of now, there are 6 participants.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Great stuff! See you guys on Sunday morning! By the way, for those sensitive to insect bites, do remember to bring insect repellant!

  20. #20

    Default Re: Morning photo hike up Bukit Timah Hill on 17 Feb 2013.

    Last call for the photo hike.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •