Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Lensbaby effect?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    389

    Default Lensbaby effect?

    Anyone knows where to download good actions/plug-ins to 'simulate' the lensbaby effect?

    www.lensbabies.com

    Don't see the point of getting the toy lens if the same can be achieved via post-processing. Just my personal view.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeWolf
    Anyone knows where to download good actions/plug-ins to 'simulate' the lensbaby effect?

    www.lensbabies.com

    Don't see the point of getting the toy lens if the same can be achieved via post-processing. Just my personal view.
    I am sorry to tell you that you can't. And never.
    See Weekh's good example to illustrate this:
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showpost....6&postcount=23

    Look at the light, you will not able to digitally get that. Even you can, it will not be a filter or action can do so. Even if some genius can come out with a filter to simulate, it would not be as nature as taking straight out from the lens, and all your photo looks like a same effect, imagine after 10 picture, you will gets very boring with the effects. Not even mention about the various effect and different output that you can do with Lensbabies, you always gets fun.

    It's like DOP, even lastest Photoshop as a filter to simulate the DOP, but you still can tell the flatness of the blurry effect (it does looks better then gaussian blur) and nothing compare to real DOP. Or, star filter, will you get the star filter or you do it in photoshop? I am sure you can tell the different from the 2.

    The fun thing about the lens is the control and the experiment and the unexpected result. If what you are looking for is only the final result, then may be, perhaps, you really will not feel any fun from it.

    Sometime, analog are better then digital (in fact, most of the time).

    Anyway, it's just a gimmick stuff, it still lack of quality if you want it to do a serious job. So, you have the point to just look for digital solution (just will not be a same thing).

    Just my opinion.
    Last edited by jackenightmare; 23rd March 2005 at 03:24 AM.
    Jackenightmare

  3. #3
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default

    lensbaby 2 is out, weekh is MO it now, you can wait for people to offload ver 1 very soon.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Some equitorial, tropical isle
    Posts
    2,398

    Default

    You can try it out... similar but not exactly the same... I am sure some PS gurus can do it....

    Try radial blur on a layer and gradient shade to unmask. Maybe some distort too... to get the stretchy distortions....

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    You can try it out... similar but not exactly the same... I am sure some PS gurus can do it....

    Try radial blur on a layer and gradient shade to unmask. Maybe some distort too... to get the stretchy distortions....
    I'll agree there is hardly anything PS cannot do.
    But maybe not as easily?...Although it takes the flexiblity out of the post processing..

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firestone
    I'll agree there is hardly anything PS cannot do.
    But maybe not as easily?...Although it takes the flexiblity out of the post processing..
    hahaha...
    我只有哭着笑 笑而無言 言荒詞盡 ~~~
    Jackenightmare

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •