Thread: Qns about loupes?

Default Qns about loupes?

hi i've read up most of the threads here on loupes and there's something that i still dun quite understand.
    basically theres diff types like wat 4x 6x 8x etc rite...so whats the difference btw them? different size when viewing? how come some say that some brand's 4x or 6x allows viewing full frame while the 8x one doesn't and its used mostly to check for sharpness. aren't they all supposed to let u view the complete image? and one other thing wats the difference btw a magnifier and aspheric loupe? (like in the schneider website)

Default Re: Qns about loupes?

Originally posted by Mystix
    hi i've read up most of the threads here on loupes and there's something that i still dun quite understand.
    basically theres diff types like wat 4x 6x 8x etc rite...so whats the difference btw them? different size when viewing? how come some say that some brand's 4x or 6x allows viewing full frame while the 8x one doesn't and its used mostly to check for sharpness. aren't they all supposed to let u view the complete image? and one other thing wats the difference btw a magnifier and aspheric loupe? (like in the schneider website)
    The how-many-X refers to magnification. Note that it's a magnification of AREA, so a 1cm line does not become 4cm with a 4x loupe.

Full frame or non-full frame refers to how much field of view you get with the loupe in question. 4-6x loupes are usually full frame, loupes beyond 10x are usually not - you only see a part of the frame.

Regards
    CK