Thread: CompactDrive PD7x

Default Compactdrive PD7x

Hi all,

Need some urgent advise. Im looking for a portable storage that reads CF card so that I can off load my pics from the CF card to an external portable harddisk.

I've been looking at the Compactdrive PD7x from eastgear. Seen some good and bad comments.

Can anyone tell me if this is a worthy buy? $299 40G. What is more impotant is that, is the thing reliable? Anyone used it before here?
    Im going for a trip and I'd like to purchase it within the next few days.
    any comments are welcome. thanks.

Default CompactDrive PD7x

Hi all,

Need some urgent advise. Im looking for a portable storage that reads CF card so that I can off load my pics from the CF card to an external portable harddisk.

I've been looking at the Compactdrive PD7x from eastgear. Seen some good and bad comments.

Can anyone tell me if this is a worthy buy? $299 40G. What is more impotant is that, is the thing reliable? Anyone used it before here?

Quote Originally Posted by fotoME
    Hi all,

I bought the 60Gb version from Eastgear a couple months ago and haven't been disapointed at all. I've probably transfered data from my 1gb cf card 30 times and each time it ran flawlessly. I'm not sure what the bad comments are regarding this drive. From a money standpoint it makes great sense to by this drive and a couple 1gb flash cards instead of several high capacity cf cards. Go for it, you won't regret it.

Regards,
    -steve

I brought the Compact Drive to Sydney last Dec... I transferred 30G of photos in my 7 days there... All my shots came back safely... Speed is fast, batt life is great... reliable...
    Jia Wang... "A photo is only as beautiful as the photographer's eyes can see."
    My Eyes ;)

if you got spare $ to spend, get the Archos 20gb with viewer @$899. Battery life is great...speed - 5min to transfer 1gb - able to transfer 8hrs

Hi All,
    thanks for the advise. I've bought one.. seems ok.