Thread: 5 days at Krabi, Thailand

Default 5 days at Krabi, Thailand

Went Krabi during January this year. Here are some of my photos of this laidback place

#1 Longtail boatman

by iguanavon

#2 Chicken island

by iguanavon

#3 Ko Tub beach

by iguanavon

Last edited by iguanavon; 11th February 2013 at 05:25 PM.

Default Re: 5 days at Krabi, Thailand

Thanks for sharing. great shots..

Hi Ricohflex, thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my photos

Quote Originally Posted by happydog View Post
    Thanks for sharing. great shots..
    Thank you happydog! Glad that you've enjoyed it~

Nice ... Planning to go there this year..
    Canon 7D | Canon 6D |Oly OMD

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi R View Post
    Nice ... Planning to go there this year..
    Hi Jedi R, thanks for your compliment.

I should have included more info for my Krabi trip...

First of all, insect repellant's a must, hahaha. Tons of mozzies raiding the night sky
    The price of Tutu/taxi usually includes to and fro the location that you're going... Ask before boarding...

From the airport to Ao nang beach, it's about 40mins ride... It's possible to buy bus ticket to Ao nang for a price of 150baht. The bus will send you to your hotel's door step... Just need to listen carefully when the driver announce your hotel, sometimes their pronunciation isn't what you're familiar with

The price of private car ferrying you to the airport is usually 600baht, but I've find 1 offering for 500baht! His store/counter is kinda unique because he's also doing transport to singapore and Malaysia by van! Imagine how long the ride will be?

I stayed at Mercure Krabi Deevana and it's a wonderful hotel! The place's clean and quite new. The staffs are very friendly and helpful. Told the staff that I broke a cup but he waived it off, isn't that nice??? Hahaha

Their deluxe Room is spacious I feel and it has a balcony facing the pool. The room comes equipped with mozzie net, reading light, free wifi and the usual bathroom stuff.. hahaha

Only bad thing is that it's about 500~700m away from the main street(where the restaurants and shops are) and beach... But then, it's a good choice if you like some peace and quiet...

Btw, I got most of my information for this site How to plan your Krabi holidays | Your Krabi, including the prices of sightseeing location... The prices are quite similar, but still, you could find good deals if you spend some time visiting some of the "tourist information" counters

Quote Originally Posted by iguanavon View Post
    Hi Jedi R, thanks for your compliment.

I should have included more info for my Krabi trip...

First of all, insect repellant's a must, hahaha. Tons of mozzies raiding the night sky
    The price of Tutu/taxi usually includes to and fro the location that you're going... Ask before boarding...

From the airport to Ao nang beach, it's about 40mins ride... It's possible to buy bus ticket to Ao nang for a price of 150baht. The bus will send you to your hotel's door step... Just need to listen carefully when the driver announce your hotel, sometimes their pronunciation isn't what you're familiar with

The price of private car ferrying you to the airport is usually 600baht, but I've find 1 offering for 500baht! His store/counter is kinda unique because he's also doing transport to singapore and Malaysia by van! Imagine how long the ride will be?

I stayed at Mercure Krabi Deevana and it's a wonderful hotel! The place's clean and quite new. The staffs are very friendly and helpful. Told the staff that I broke a cup but he waived it off, isn't that nice??? Hahaha

Their deluxe Room is spacious I feel and it has a balcony facing the pool. The room comes equipped with mozzie net, reading light, free wifi and the usual bathroom stuff.. hahaha

Only bad thing is that it's about 500~700m away from the main street(where the restaurants and shops are) and beach... But then, it's a good choice if you like some peace and quiet...

Btw, I got most of my information for this site How to plan your Krabi holidays | Your Krabi, including the prices of sightseeing location... The prices are quite similar, but still, you could find good deals if you spend some time visiting some of the "tourist information" counters

stayed at Mercure also. got a free upgrade to the pool access room. really good stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by iguanavon View Post
    Hi Ricohflex, thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my photos
    These are great shots.

What a wonderful place it is. Blessed by nature with clear water. You had a great holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post

stayed at Mercure also. got a free upgrade to the pool access room. really good stay there.
    Free upgrade!? Envy... Hahaha
    Ya, wonderful place it is...

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post

These are great shots.

What a wonderful place it is. Blessed by nature with clear water. You had a great holiday.
    Thanks for your compliments again :shy:
    Compared to Phuket, I prefer Krabi... It's so much more peaceful at night, not as 'havoc' as Phuket... Lol

Thanks for the info... Will be going there in May.
    Canon 7D | Canon 6D |Oly OMD

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi R View Post
    Thanks for the info... Will be going there in May.
    ic ic ic, have a great time there!