Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38

Thread: What was on his mind?

  1. #21
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: What was on his mind?

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I took the MRT with my then 8 months pregnant wife one time. The train was not packed, but all seats were taken. As soon as my wife and I got on board, every person sitting on reserved seat suddenly falls asleep right in front of us, most of whom are locals. A kind young gentleman immediately stood up and offered his seat to my wife. And he is a PRC FT.

    I lived in Shanghai for several years. And it is well known how people fought for seats in the Metro there. Seeing people giving up seats for disabled, pregnant and elderly folk is common place. One time I saw a young man sat down on a seat that was offered to a mother carrying a baby. The passengers around him scolded him for a full 2-3 minutes till he walked away.

    Do we see that here in Singapore from our locals? Definitely not as often as I saw in China. And when someone (who is a FT) did something good for a change, and what do many of us do here? Start commenting on how it may be staged and scripted. Shame on us Singaporeans. Grow a heart please.
    Well said.

    I always hold the view that every country has all sorts of people. You can pretend that Singaporeans are all angels, and <insert something here> are all devils... That's just fooling yourselves, especially since I've seen some of the forumers posting such things grumbling about Singaporeans too. There are also ugly Singaporeans that should be ashamed of themselves. A friend once recounted to me an incident which she witnessed - where a middle-aged lady asked a PRC girl to let her have the reserved seat, which the girl did. And the lady sat down, and started scolding the girl non-stop after that.. From coming to Singapore to take the space here, to how she was dressed (according to the friend there was nothing unusual about her dressing, in fact she was conservatively dressed) to attract men's attention. I can't say I felt that the girl deserved what she got.

  2. #22
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: What was on his mind?

    Not all FT are angels too lah.....
    remember the case of a young girl? knocked down by a small van and left to die on the street somewhere in <insert something here> and nobody gave a damn, just walked past pretending not to see?
    Has this ever happened in Singapore? LOL

  3. #23

    Default Re: What was on his mind?

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    Not all FT are angels too lah.....
    remember the case of a young girl? knocked down by a small van and left to die on the street somewhere in <insert something here> and nobody gave a damn, just walked past pretending not to see?
    Has this ever happened in Singapore? LOL
    Oh sure, generalise a nationality because of the actions of a few. Well done :clap:

    I am sure all Americans are gun toting nuts who want nothing more than to go into public places and blast everyone away with assault rifles. I am sure all Germans goosestep when they walk and greet each other with a rousing HEIL HITLER.
    Last edited by dodgethis; 12th February 2013 at 08:28 PM.
    Canon 5D MkIII|70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM|24-70 f2.8 L II USM|Σ 50 f1.4 EX DG HSM

  4. #24
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: What was on his mind?

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    Not all FT are angels too lah.....
    remember the case of a young girl? knocked down by a small van and left to die on the street somewhere in <insert something here> and nobody gave a damn, just walked past pretending not to see?
    Has this ever happened in Singapore? LOL
    I don't think you get my point.

  5. #25
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: What was on his mind?

    Quote Originally Posted by dodgethis View Post
    Oh sure, generalise a nationality because of the actions of a few. Well done :clap:

    I am sure all Americans are gun toting nuts who want nothing more than to go into public places and blast everyone away with assault rifles. I am sure all Germans goosestep when they walk and greet each other with a rousing HEIL HITLER.
    ...and all Singaporeans are ugly? LOL. "Shame on us Singaporeans"??
    Last edited by d2xpeter; 12th February 2013 at 08:48 PM.

  6. #26
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: What was on his mind?

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    ...and all Singaporeans are ugly? LOL. "Shame on us Singaporeans"??
    Especially the ones who seem to want to insinuate that the act was done for publicity.
    以小人之心,度君子之腹.

    And seriously, if you have not visited other countries, you should do so. In my many years living overseas, I constantly find that Singaporeans are among the most graceless and heartless people out there. All thanks to meritocracy, we have become a people that care more about and judge people more on achievements/titles/possessions, more than any other nationalities I have seen so far. Of course there are good and bad people from every country, but look at the number of people talking trash about the Korean dude, in FB or even in stomp, and even here in CS. You will know the bad are a lot more than the good here in Singapore. Really sad.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 12th February 2013 at 09:13 PM.

  7. #27
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: What was on his mind?

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    All thanks to meritocracy, we have become a people that care more about and judge people more on achievements/titles/possessions, more than any other nationalities I have seen so far.
    agree this point

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    look at the number of people talking trash about the Korean dude, in FB or even in stomp, and even here in CS
    He made a mistake. Should not hv done it so openly in the first place. The world now is quite different. Sometime certain things are beyond our control, you know. With the state of the art technology we have plus the mix of bad/good people around, this type of talking is unavoidable. Some say good, some say bad. And, the fact is we don't know what was actually on his mind too. We do not know for sure whether he belongs to the bad mix or the good mix.

  8. #28

    Default

    That guy practiced witchcraft and made Hitler as his God.

    But then i dont know if that is true or not.

    I only see him helping this old lady.

    Good job!

    But he worshiped the devil!

    But he is kind...

    So how?

    Ahh i know i will just hide in my keyboard and accuse him of publicity.
    Last edited by nikoneer; 13th February 2013 at 12:46 AM.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: What was on his mind?

    The correct question to ask is:

    Why do we have elderly Chinese ladies who cannot afford foot wear in 2013 taking MRT?

    S omeone
    W ill
    I ndividually
    S upply
    S lippers.

    Oh, there was a promise to reach a certain standard of living. Never mind, things change.

  10. #30

    Default Re: What was on his mind?

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    He made a mistake. Should not hv done it so openly in the first place. The world now is quite different. Sometime certain things are beyond our control, you know. With the state of the art technology we have plus the mix of bad/good people around, this type of talking is unavoidable. Some say good, some say bad. And, the fact is we don't know what was actually on his mind too. We do not know for sure whether he belongs to the bad mix or the good mix.
    May your own spawn not treat you with the same kindness in public, lest they be accused of staging the whole thing or should have done so in private. I must watch myself out next time for scum like you when I treat people with kindness and respect in public, lest I be shamed and and humiliated by the likes of you.
    Last edited by dodgethis; 13th February 2013 at 12:57 AM.
    Canon 5D MkIII|70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM|24-70 f2.8 L II USM|Σ 50 f1.4 EX DG HSM

  11. #31
    Senior Member Halfmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore.
    Posts
    4,590

    Default Re: What was on his mind?

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    it's quite true. sometimes i have to stare/shout/say some sarcastic comments at locals before they even give up the seats to senior citizens/handicapped individuals.

    while not all locals are like that, a great majority are.

    and btw bro, grow up. if everything's here's a farce to you, you should just move to the Great USA and love the freedom there.
    Hey..... I am sure I also saw many SG who gave up seats to Singaporean daily... some will pretend to be asleep but it is their choice.

    I usually, will take the seat for the reserved seat if it is available... cos I will give it up to those who need it when I see them....

    But why is such report tend to be more on FT... and when local do deeds... how many has been said reported??? There are too... and exceptional cases, like the bros who give free taxi ride, and etc.... but in stomp, you will see a lot of interesting side too....

    I just find it weird that the old lady is moving around without footwear...... How often have you seen anyone without footwear.... in SG...... and it is so coincidental that this was picked up and reported.......

    I have my reasons to raise my doubts over this incident...

    Thank you.
    Last edited by Halfmoon; 13th February 2013 at 02:05 AM.
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

  12. #32
    Senior Member Halfmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore.
    Posts
    4,590

    Default Re: What was on his mind?

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    wayang or not only he himself knows....

    We are not saying that he is definitely wayanging..... we are saying that with the advance of technology that can be used very optimally for propaganda/wayanging and such to reach vast audience, there is high chances that people will exploit.

    I, myself will definitely not do such kind act in public places because i HATE to be in the limelight. LOL
    I would rather do kind acts secretly.
    I do not know if it is wayang for certain... but having seen how some staged CPR cases, and how some "white" people do heroics.... I really feel the papers are all out about "conditioning our mind"...

    Mass media have very strong influence, so that is why Whites have been controlling many type of reporting in SG..... for obvious reason....

    They know FT is not popular with us now... so they will try to sway our mind with such reports to "CONDITION OUR MIND" that FT are good, etc.... he might be a tourist, etc... but he is still not a local.....

    How often you see people walking in SG barefooted??? I do observe people from head to tail, and I would say I am rather observant person... I have noticed it in a few cases... in these few cases, they were walking to collect card board.... and were topless (male), and not wearing any top... and a pretty worn, dirty shorts, bermuda, and it is also torn.... None I have observed in bus... so far... or mrt... they usually walk....

    The old lady look rather clean, and dress ok... and I am not sure what she has on her left wrist...

    And with so so many "WONDERFUL" reporting.... I do not think I can really trust our media totally.... and also there's always an issue of if this is genuine....

    Of course it would be great if we have more nice people around....

    So this is my conclusion..........
    Last edited by Halfmoon; 13th February 2013 at 02:06 AM.
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

  13. #33
    Senior Member Halfmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore.
    Posts
    4,590

    Default Re: What was on his mind?

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Especially the ones who seem to want to insinuate that the act was done for publicity.
    以小人之心,度君子之腹.

    And seriously, if you have not visited other countries, you should do so. In my many years living overseas, I constantly find that Singaporeans are among the most graceless and heartless people out there. All thanks to meritocracy, we have become a people that care more about and judge people more on achievements/titles/possessions, more than any other nationalities I have seen so far. Of course there are good and bad people from every country, but look at the number of people talking trash about the Korean dude, in FB or even in stomp, and even here in CS. You will know the bad are a lot more than the good here in Singapore. Really sad.
    I do thnk it can be rather embarrassing to be Singaporean..... Ever been in a tour group and the coach was delayed from taking off, cos the hotel staff came in to ask guest to return towels, and other items....... a Singapore Tour group....
    Last edited by Halfmoon; 13th February 2013 at 02:07 AM.
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: What was on his mind?

    Actually today I was on the North East Line and had about 5 empty seats to choose but let others who came in at next stop to sit (since I was alighting 2 stops later).
    Two old ladies one fiftyish and the other must be about 80+ also came in.
    I had to tap the shoulder of a Foreign young (about 20+ years) Indian who was pretending to sleep while sitting on the Reserved Seat; to ask him politely to give the seat to the 80+ years old lady. He did so without any protest or fuss.

    I guess FTs learn this pretend-to-sleep-on-Reserved-Seat routine by watching others (Singaporeans & FTs) do so on the MRT.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 13th February 2013 at 02:41 AM.

  15. #35
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: What was on his mind?

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    He made a mistake. Should not hv done it so openly in the first place. The world now is quite different. Sometime certain things are beyond our control, you know. With the state of the art technology we have plus the mix of bad/good people around, this type of talking is unavoidable. Some say good, some say bad. And, the fact is we don't know what was actually on his mind too. We do not know for sure whether he belongs to the bad mix or the good mix.
    if you think people have to think twice to do good... to not do it openly, then there is something seriously wrong with you. How else can that dude do it? wait for the old lady to alight from the bus, stalk her and walk into a small alley, then give her the slippers? If someone is drowning, you should wait till there is no one watching then jump in to save?

    If see a need, then do it. Don't care what people say or do. Don't care who see it or not see it. Don't think, just do. That is what heros are made out of.

    You are right. We may never know what is truly in that dude's mind. But why have to take it negatively? Is this how you live life? Everything good that happens to you, you have to think there is some conspiracy is going on? Everyone who treats you well, you have to think they have an ulterior motive?

    I am truly sad for you... 放开你狭窄的心胸, 你才能看到这世界的美丽.

    And thanks for proving my point about Singaporeans.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 13th February 2013 at 06:29 AM.

  16. #36
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: What was on his mind?

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon View Post
    I do thnk it can be rather embarrassing to be Singaporean..... Ever been in a tour group and the coach was delayed from taking off, cos the hotel staff came in to ask guest to return towels, and other items....... a Singapore Tour group....

    Happened to me twice. One was a Singaporean tour group. one was a HK tour group. The Singaporean tour group is more hardcore, bread, butter also want to steal (from a buffet no less), and the usual hangers, towels and coffee cups. And the tour guide have to tell everyone that the bus is not moving off till the stuff is returned. I was grinning when the aunties one by one have to return the stolen stuff in front of everyone.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 13th February 2013 at 06:22 AM.

  17. #37
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: What was on his mind?

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon View Post
    I do not know if it is wayang for certain... but having seen how some staged CPR cases, and how some "white" people do heroics.... I really feel the papers are all out about "conditioning our mind"...

    Mass media have very strong influence, so that is why Whites have been controlling many type of reporting in SG..... for obvious reason....

    They know FT is not popular with us now... so they will try to sway our mind with such reports to "CONDITION OUR MIND" that FT are good, etc.... he might be a tourist, etc... but he is still not a local.....

    How often you see people walking in SG barefooted??? I do observe people from head to tail, and I would say I am rather observant person... I have noticed it in a few cases... in these few cases, they were walking to collect card board.... and were topless (male), and not wearing any top... and a pretty worn, dirty shorts, bermuda, and it is also torn.... None I have observed in bus... so far... or mrt... they usually walk....

    The old lady look rather clean, and dress ok... and I am not sure what she has on her left wrist...

    And with so so many "WONDERFUL" reporting.... I do not think I can really trust our media totally.... and also there's always an issue of if this is genuine....

    Of course it would be great if we have more nice people around....

    So this is my conclusion..........
    One of the ways to make our country better is to be better people ourselves as well. If it is really a propaganda stunt? Who cares? as long as good is done, as long as more good is encouraged, why not? And from my experience, I highly doubt this is a propaganda stunt.

    One thing people need to know here. It doesn't matter what you support and not support. I am not a fan of the white toilet paper as well. Neither am I a big fan of our MSM. BUT, you need to be level headed.

    Support the right cause for the right reasons. And do the right things for the right cause.

    You want people to take you seriously, you need to talk maturely and with a level head.

  18. #38
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: What was on his mind?

    I am going to close this thread. Simply because it disgusts me.

    I hope readers of this thread will reflect on the points raised here as well.

    If you don't want to do good, that's fine, because that is your prerogative. But don't throw cold water on someone who is actually doing good, because it reminds you of your own inadequacies.

    Instead, rise up to the occasion and do some acts of kindness. If you do that, our nation may still have some hope still.

    Thread closed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •