Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Camera Recommendation

  1. #1

    Default Camera Recommendation

    Hello, I have been reading up on the reviews of cameras, however the results seems to be a little inconclusive... If anyone is able to help me out, comparing to Canon 60D to the newer cameras, which would be better? Somehow or rather, the reviews seems to be favoring the 60D.

    Any advise on which to get?

    Thank you

  2. #2

    Default Re: Camera Recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by Krohethas Warring View Post
    Hello, I have been reading up on the reviews of cameras, however the results seems to be a little inconclusive... If anyone is able to help me out, comparing to Canon 60D to the newer cameras, which would be better? Somehow or rather, the reviews seems to be favoring the 60D.

    Any advise on which to get?

    Thank you
    Most are good, the differences are negligible for a newbie anyway. Important thing is to just buy one first and start shooting. It is after weeks or months of usage that you will know what you want and what you hate. Then a better purchase decision can be achieved.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

  3. #3

    Default Re: Camera Recommendation

    Maybe u can state the newer models that you compared against the 60D, so that members can give better advice.

    And you can also state your budget

  4. #4

    Default Re: Camera Recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by Krohethas Warring View Post
    Hello, I have been reading up on the reviews of cameras, however the results seems to be a little inconclusive... If anyone is able to help me out, comparing to Canon 60D to the newer cameras, which would be better? Somehow or rather, the reviews seems to be favoring the 60D.

    Any advise on which to get?

    Thank you
    When you say.. newer camera.. Which are you referring to? There are simply too many.
    If reading cant help you decide..the next thing you could do and also IMO..is the most important step. Is to have hands on. Go try it out..and see which 1 u like.
    Reviews...its helpful but IMO you shouldnt believe or depend so much on them.. it can be biased (sometimes).

  5. #5

    Default Re: Camera Recommendation

    Thanks for the advise. I'm also been recommended Pentax K series. I'm looking at K-5IIs, how is it compared to 60D? Also, what is the advantage of 4/3 system other than the smaller size? Is the picture/video quality comparable to DSLR? By the way, the reason for 60D is also the good video recording quality.

    Any advise would be great.. Thank you~

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krohethas Warring View Post
    Thanks for the advise. I'm also been recommended Pentax K series. I'm looking at K-5IIs, how is it compared to 60D? Also, what is the advantage of 4/3 system other than the smaller size? Is the picture/video quality comparable to DSLR? By the way, the reason for 60D is also the good video recording quality.

    Any advise would be great.. Thank you~
    What reviews have you read? It's very easy to answer all your questions by just reading the reviews and using the side by side comparison tools on sites like dpreview
    Alpha

  7. #7

    Default Re: Camera Recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    What reviews have you read? It's very easy to answer all your questions by just reading the reviews and using the side by side comparison tools on sites like dpreview
    I've read most of the review. However I've came to a conclusion. Those utterly disappointing cameras would be disappointing. Those rated good would be disliked by others for some function, some would prefer this or that... thus I think I will go for E-PL5 after reading more about it. Been eyeing on the Pen series since 4/3 tech came out. Just that I had a legitimate reason to buy it.. haha... the question now would be.. where to get it cheaper.. =)

    Thanks everyone~

  8. #8

    Default

    Most ppl's needs and requirements are different so is shooting style. Not to mention preference or brand biases. Hence any recommendation is only general and views will differ. Your own shoot style and requirements will also change with time and experience. So if you are a newbie, get good enough, live and learn like rest of us.

  9. #9
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Camera Recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by Krohethas Warring View Post
    I've read most of the review. However I've came to a conclusion. Those utterly disappointing cameras would be disappointing. Those rated good would be disliked by others for some function, some would prefer this or that... thus I think I will go for E-PL5 after reading more about it. Been eyeing on the Pen series since 4/3 tech came out. Just that I had a legitimate reason to buy it.. haha... the question now would be.. where to get it cheaper.. =)

    Thanks everyone~
    In the modern day and age, there is no truly disappointing cameras really. Only disappointing photographers.

  10. #10
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Camera Recommendation

    Frankly, TS... it is really difficult to give you any accurate and non-bias reviews and comparism as to which camera is better, Canon or Pentax... people who love Canon would tell you that Canon is better than all other cameras, people who favour Pentax would do the same... and soon, you will be seeing people who came in and tell you just to get one camera brand (be it Canon, Pentax, Sony, etc) over the other.

    All we can say is... you go to the shop, test out the cameras that you have shortlisted, and see which one make more sense, because all the cameras are good, but some will feel better in your hands then others... and no one can tell you which one will feel better.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Camera Recommendation

    60D or lower model 650D will be OK. If you want to wait for 7D Mk2 then wait. 6D full frame and better.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Camera Recommendation

    canon for the win .

    firstly can mount almost every lens through adapters. even N brand ,etc. but no other brand can mount canon e f lens meaningfully because of electronic aperture .

    secondly. magic lantern.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma
    canon for the win .

    firstly can mount almost every lens through adapters. even N brand ,etc. but no other brand can mount canon e f lens meaningfully because of electronic aperture .

    secondly. magic lantern.
    But you don't always need every lens out there..

    Ok joke aside, yeah magic lantern is great for video. The focus outline indicator is also helpul for manual focusing.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Camera Recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    In the modern day and age, there is no truly disappointing cameras really. Only disappointing photographers.
    Very strong yet very true words.
    I like this.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •