Thread: Automotive Light Painting

Default Automotive Light Painting

It is considered my first time doing a proper light painting on an automobil. Previously I've experimented using long exposures and walk around the subject firing a flash gun towards it and this time I did it slightly differently.

This image consists of 13 layers of images and 3 hours of processing so Exif datas will be irrelevant. It took me around an hour to complete all the shots I wanted with exposures between 2 - 8 secs and a handheld LED video light. I'm quite pleased of the results especially the noise part. What bout you ?

Very nice. I like how the light painting gives the edges a sharp reflection. It makes the image almost look surreal, like it's out of the movie Tron.

Default Re: Automotive Light Painting

Nicely taken shot. Is it taken in SG? Cause i've never seen the panic button before. Did you try switching the car's light on? Like dimmed headlights. Cause i felt the lower left of the photo is just "missing something" as the upper right lights have taken their limelights, i just cant tell what was missing. Hence i thought switching on the car's lamp might create a different effect.
    Nikon D7100 | Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art | AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED

Default Re: Automotive Light Painting

Nice shot but if you can use a bigger source of light, the effects might be better..