View Poll Results: How much savings you with have? (Relative to your monthly income)

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 month equivalent

2 6.06%
  • 2 months equivalent

5 15.15%
  • 3 months equivalent

3 9.09%
  • 4 months equivalent

1 3.03%
  • 5 months equivalent

0 0%
  • 6 months equivalent

4 12.12%
  • Never enough!

15 45.45%
  • I can retire now!

3 9.09%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How much savings do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by albertri View Post

Oh man its very hard :-( specially if you want to provide them a comfy life here...
    I agree... just gotta adjust your expectations...... happiness is not about how much you have... etc.....
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

Default Re: How much savings do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon View Post
    I agree... just gotta adjust your expectations...... happiness is not about how much you have... etc.....
    Thanks bro yeah I'm happy specially if you have a baby kids and when they kiss and hug you all your stress just go away :-)
    <<<<<Hobo in Singapore >>>> View My 500px

But the stress will come back very soon let me assure you
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Quote Originally Posted by albertri

Oh man its very hard :-( specially if you want to provide them a comfy life here...
    Definition of comfy life differs very much from one to another..

Quote Originally Posted by saberlancer View Post
    Definition of comfy life differs very much from one to another..

agree also differs how much cash flow you have :-)..... as long you can bring you kids to school that should give them some fighting chance to survive.... and from time to time if you can give some little bit of luxury should be enough :-)
    Last edited by albertri; 23rd February 2013 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by albertri

agree also differs how much cash flow you have :-)..... as long you can bring you kids to school that should give them some fighting chance to survive.... and from time to time if you can give some little bit of luxury should be enough :-)
    Yah even idea of 'luxury' differs..lol

Few mths bk saw news interview abt how families feel that Govt shd provide more child care support,

BUT they interviewed this lady who said Yes its tough for her because her 2 kids is attending childcare and fees is $3k a mth..

And then I remember an earlier news of a families' kids who has never eaten Mcdonald, and wanted very much to..

These kind of stories too many ard us..

Quote Originally Posted by saberlancer View Post
    Yah even idea of 'luxury' differs..lol

Few mths bk saw news interview abt how families feel that Govt shd provide more child care support,

BUT they interviewed this lady who said Yes its tough for her because her 2 kids is attending childcare and fees is $3k a mth..

And then I remember an earlier news of a families' kids who has never eaten Mcdonald, and wanted very much to..

These kind of stories too many ard us..

Yeah this is why I feel i am blessed and most of us here now. coz we can afford to have a little bit of luxury whilst other's trying hard just to survive...

I remember last Sept when I was in India Mumbai and New Dehli man I told myself that we are so blessed to have what we have now... I saw the best side of thsie india cities and seen the slums also and I cant beleived ppl would survive in those kind of enviroment.. One of our site visit passby the the New Dehli landfill and I thought it was a mountain when the driver told me nope that's a dumster and I see so many houses around that landfill and filt and rubbish is everywhere there's one portion near the highway a small lake and the color of the water is black with tons of rubbish floating and I see houses around the lake and kids playing... I am shock and even to a point I have a teary eyes seeing those kids like that..... They have no choice they have nothing and no one helping them even thier country seems from outside is said to be econimoc giants but so sad thier Gov't cant even help those poor families...
    Last edited by albertri; 23rd February 2013 at 04:05 PM.

This Singapore Airlines stewardess is looking for a mega rich man. Those with huge savings can apply.

Life of a flight attendant (Part 3): Vanessa's story of debt, pain and emptiness - Yahoo! News Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by albertri View Post
    Thanks bro yeah I'm happy specially if you have a baby kids and when they kiss and hug you all your stress just go away :-)
    It is great to have such lovely kids.... I am just so happy for you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    This Singapore Airlines stewardess is looking for a mega rich man. Those with huge savings can apply.

Life of a flight attendant (Part 3): Vanessa's story of debt, pain and emptiness - Yahoo! News Singapore
    This is worst than a black hole............. only those Millionaires can afford.... mere peasant like us eat coffee shop..... She should find a Ang Mo... they like breads....

OMG quoting from the write up

"However, instead of turning her life around and adopting a lifestyle change to clear her debts, Vanessa said she has no intention nor determination to give up her so-called “high life”.

“My colleagues and I have an inside joke. We all owe quite a lot of money, and we always say – all we have to do is a “Jamie Cuaca” and we’ll be secure for the rest of our lives,” said Vanessa. "

Wow such mentality no wonder she cant even pay off her 30K debt :-( luckily my wife is not like this girl... and she makes it sound like everyone in her line of work are like that...

aiyo, dont want lah. Before u can piak piak her, would have burnt a $30k hole in your wallet. And going by her mentality, she will suck you dry very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants

And going by her mentality, she will suck you dry very soon.
    And not in the best possible sense too. Hahahaha

Huge savings will not do. You'll need a continuous large cash flow to sustain.

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    aiyo, dont want lah. Before u can piak piak her, would have burnt a $30k hole in your wallet. And going by her mentality, she will suck you dry very soon.
    Slowly but surely........ inch by inch, she is digging that grave early.......

They do see that being an air stewardess is a stairway to heaven - to meet prospective fat cat tycoon husband on the flight.

There is some truth to that. Actually nothing wrong. They are just struggling to get a good life and marrying money is one of the options available to beautiful women.

Women of World's Sexiest Profession Marry Sultans, Billionaires, Stars and Prime Ministers

It gives them visibility and the opportunity to meet such men.

Jamie Cuaca was mentioned in the article.

This is another account by an ex-steward describing his female former colleagues.

Flight attendant stories or tales by Boh Tong: A Flight Attendant's Dream

Cabin crew/Flight attendant, pilots,passengers and other stories: My early years as a steward.
    Quote:
    I remembered the first stewardess to be "hooked" by a Chinese business tycoon was Jill ( not her real name), a delightful looking girl whose make-up made her looked like a Hong Kong actress. She was chauffeured wherever she was,whether it was in Hong Kong or Singapore. I remembered her pestering her rich but stingy boyfriend to bring the whole set of cabin crew out for dinner one night in Hong Kong. He did however, reluctantly brought all of us out with Jill for a lovely meal in Hong Kong. This rich boyfriend of Jill was a big business tycoon Malaysia.He must have been in his 40s and Dilly was a sweet mid-20s.

The next thing I recalled was Jill and her boyfriend broke off after a few years together and this time Jill was flirting around with another filthy rich Malaysian multi millionaire who was younger than the first one.

All in all, I think Jill has amassed a huge fortune from these 2
    "boyfriends". She would probably owned a few houses and apartments with lots of cash and jewellries. Oh Dilly must be in her 60s now..still alive I was told and living in Penang.
    UnQuote
    Last edited by ricohflex; 25th February 2013 at 12:36 AM.

So she spent more than she can afford before getting hitched by a man made of $$$........ who's fault is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    So she spent more than she can afford before getting hitched by a man made of $$$........ who's fault is that?
    Marketeers fault???

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123