Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Train squeeze

Default Re: Train squeeze

Quote Originally Posted by albertri View Post
    Sometimes not that all bad... I got experience once SYT rub her two ehem at my shoulder and guess what? She's the one who said "oh sorry" I was shock but even shock at my response "its ok no probs anytime " I don't why I said that hehe
    I thought always... sounded more suitable... lol....
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

Quote Originally Posted by albertri View Post
    Sometimes not that all bad... I got experience once SYT rub her two ehem at my shoulder and guess what? She's the one who said "oh sorry" I was shock but even shock at my response "its ok no probs anytime " I don't why I said that hehe
    ick. the thought of that happening is as palatable to eating rotten cheese with maggots writhing in it. ick
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    ick. the thought of that happening is as palatable to eating rotten cheese with maggots writhing in it. ick
    lolz but kidding aside it did happen to me ONCE, the truth is it's her fault as she's the one who really tried to squeeze through my side as I was already no where to move tried my best not to have body contact but it did and she didn;t even protect herself... anyways that happen once it never happen again, as I always tried to aviod such situation dont want some lady shouted molester surely kena if someone did. Even at my blk lift everytime there's only me and a lady I normally let her take the lift alone and I wait for the other lift. Not that I dont trust ladies nor I look good just that I am scared after hearing a lot of news before that lady sccused someone of molestation and it seem once that happen it's a done deal for him (jail and cane) like what happen to the CNA persentor few years back.... scary
    <<<<<Hobo in Singapore >>>> View My 500px

most of the time, i would prefer to travel by bus...or else i only take the circle line.
    while the rest of the lines, would try to avoid if necessary.

btw, having seen the white population report by dbs, i have no doubt that smrt share price will benefit from the larger population...
    Last edited by Simon_84; 14th February 2013 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soma View Post
    Why compare to jap when we r not getting what they been paid. Except our passp
    I just got back from Japan and was looking at how the people there work.

It really struck home what our government was trying to say about productivity seeing how they managed their restaurants.

They can have ONE SINGLE guy running a whole yoshinoya... people will order using vending machines. That guy will take their order slips, prepare the food, pour the drinks, clear the table and still have the time to shout thank you after every customer left.

You NEVER seen this in singapore.

Look at the fast food places in singapore. I was trying to order something from Popeyes AMK in the afternoon non-peak. There was like a single queue of like 3 people in front of me. The whole queue was so slow because there is only one person serving (taking her own sweet time) while 4 other employees are chatting in the at side. I am not sure if it is their afternoon break time but it just does not make sense. In the end it was so slow that I just gave up.

I have seen KFC waitresses in Japan, even when there is no customer, they do not stop working. They will clean up the shop, tidy the table, greet passerbys, etc. It is really remarkable how hard they work. This standard is CONSISTENT no matter where you go in Japan. It is the norm rather than the exception.

Do I want to raise my productivity to that level???? probably not...

PS: Actually the times I see such SQUEEZE in japan trains during peak hours is when they have a suicide case causing delays. which is pretty often...
    Last edited by dniwkh; 14th February 2013 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dniwkh View Post
    They can have ONE SINGLE guy running a whole yoshinoya... people will order using vending machines. That guy will take their order slips, prepare the food, pour the drinks, clear the table and still have the time to shout thank you after every customer left.

You NEVER seen this in singapore.
    Quite ironic, we now have three Yoshinoya employees manning the small food court stalls in Kopitiam.

From fast food restaurant to food court, hawker center next? Maybe they should pull out.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 14th February 2013 at 04:16 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Quite ironic, we now have three Yoshinoya employees manning the small food court stalls in Kopitiam.

From fast food restaurant to food court, hawker center next? Maybe they should pull out.
    I think it is how you structure the economy. I bet you the japanese yoshinoya employee earns more than the three singaporean yoshinoya employee COMBINED.

Singaporean government has allowed cheap labour to flood our country. Where is the incentive for businesses/employees to up their productivity?? If one singaporen employee cost yoshinoya 5k SGD a month, I bet you they will hire only one and that guys productivity will be much higher.

But I think this must a a gradual change... who want to work trice as hard the next day...

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post

This is a clever move. It means they are widening their net. They are not declining. Quite the contrary.
    They catch you in the fast food restaurant and also the Kopitiam food court.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    This is a clever move. It means they are widening their net. They are not declining. Quite the contrary.
    They catch you in the fast food restaurant and also the Kopitiam food court.
    I agree.. I think by moving they have wider potential buyer.. plus.. cheaper rent.. which means bigger margin.

The workers in the restaurant there are made up of part timers earning 800-1000¥ per hour S$10-13 per hour. The bottle neck is at the ordering counter. The food is mostly Pre prepared and only minimum cooking is done. Salad and soup is Pre prepared and microwave used to heat up the rest and meat is cook on the spot. They are very efficient some time only 1-2 staff manning the dinning area. Yap they do everything from ordering to collecting cash for those without vending machine. Don't think anyone one matchup to the Japanese work enthic and culture, I have been to many country across different continent and yet to see anyone coming even close to them.
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

The real problem is that Singaporean middle and upper management never outgrew the Chinese penchant for "hurling people at the problem". Coupled with the fact that we never developed much of a high tech industry, how on earth do they plan to have high productivity? Does the government not know that the reason why America or Germany have such high productivity at all? It's not "how many people you use in a restaurant". It's a question of the quality of jobs available. What does it say about the jobs in Singapore if productivity is low? In short, they suck.
    Last edited by NazgulKing; 15th February 2013 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    The workers in the restaurant there are made up of part timers earning 800-1000¥ per hour S$10-13 per hour. The bottle neck is at the ordering counter. The food is mostly Pre prepared and only minimum cooking is done. Salad and soup is Pre prepared and microwave used to heat up the rest and meat is cook on the spot. They are very efficient some time only 1-2 staff manning the dinning area. Yap they do everything from ordering to collecting cash for those without vending machine. Don't think anyone one matchup to the Japanese work enthic and culture, I have been to many country across different continent and yet to see anyone coming even close to them.
    Singaporeans have a horrible sense of entitlement. People here don't clear their own food trays for the most part.

Recently got one woman wear low cut n she is short. Stands side way of me n once I looks down. Oh no but I try not to else I will be on news liao. Ha ha!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Recently got one woman wear low cut n she is short. Stands side way of me n once I looks down. Oh no but I try not to else I will be on news liao. Ha ha!
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

not to mention all the ladies who are seated. oh dear. not cold meh, aircon go down cleavage? brr..
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    not to mention all the ladies who are seated. oh dear. not cold meh, aircon go down cleavage? brr..
    Lucky no water dripping in... from the aircon....
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

You really got excited about it, didn't you?
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    You really got excited about it, didn't you?
    See till sian liao, nothing greater than nature! :P
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123