Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pentax Confirms Full-Frame Plans at CP+

Default Re: Pentax Confirms Full-Frame Plans at CP+

Quote Originally Posted by pentriot View Post
    Asian culture...
    YES means NO???
    haha i DUNNO

incidentally they're having a very similar discussion at a fun forum about FF Fuji X cameras... that was exactly what one of the posters said - it's the polite Asian (probably more Jap though) way of saying no.

not the first time i heard this... maybe its true this time hopefully... but is this good for Pentax ? If they only manage to sell to current P users... i don't know if they will sell enough to make a profit when u factor in the cost of starting a production line and all the cost involve... and also need to sell ~2k or ~1.7USD or even much less to compete with N and C... margin so thin and low volumn sales... if i am part of the MT i will not give green light tbh...

lots of lenses need to be updated... also mirrorless FF will be out by then...

i be happy to switch back if they have a new 24mm f2 at least to go with the new cam...

maybe they should go with Ricoh GXR FF module would be a better option...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

I am open to both GXR and SLR Pentax FF...

Quote Originally Posted by P3ntx
    I am open to both GXR and SLR Pentax FF...
    I agree! Whatever it is so long as it can make the current 2nd hand prices to drop, for me to buy.. Muahahahahaha!!!
    Pentax Kr, Pentax Super A
    K105/2.8, Fa*24/2, A28/2, A35/2, A50/1.4, A*85/1.4, A100/2.8, A135/2.8

Quote Originally Posted by SyncGuy View Post
    I agree! Whatever it is so long as it can make the current 2nd hand prices to drop, for me to buy.. Muahahahahaha!!!
    Good for all who are looking to get . . .
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Good for all who are looking to get . . .
    Please lor... Who is willing to take a huge loss on equipment to upgrade? If lose so much cash selling gear, how to chalk up enuff dough to meaningfully offset price of FF?

For sure, I not carrot lor. I wun sell if pple low ball.

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    Please lor... Who is willing to take a huge loss on equipment to upgrade? If lose so much cash selling gear, how to chalk up enuff dough to meaningfully offset price of FF?

There are some who are willing so that they can fully switch, but others who will not. It really depends on individuals
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post

There are some who are willing so that they can fully switch, but others who will not. It really depends on individuals
    Some people love their durian. Some willing to spend tops dollars for "cat climb the mountain" brand durian . Even send in a private plane to load it up. while other find it unacceptable to spend more then $2 per durian. Everyone is correct. There is no right and no wrong. We just have to be true to our selves. Dont have the budget. Then stay low for a while to recuperate. When have the top dollars. Why go FF when u can go MF. why am i talking durians when we should be talking camera? Let all go shoot more and keep those precious moments.

Quote Originally Posted by detritus

Heh heh... Definitely not you bro.. But technology is a funny thing. I've learned not to chase after the latest and the greatest. K30 launched, Kr price "forced" to drop to a low S$350 price. Cool...

Likewise, if FF launches, there surely will be a drop in prices across the board for APSC gears.

Quote Originally Posted by poseur

Some people love their durian. Some willing to spend tops dollars for "cat climb the mountain" brand durian . Even send in a private plane to load it up. while other find it unacceptable to spend more then $2 per durian. Everyone is correct. There is no right and no wrong. We just have to be true to our selves. Dont have the budget. Then stay low for a while to recuperate. When have the top dollars. Why go FF when u can go MF. why am i talking durians when we should be talking camera? Let all go shoot more and keep those precious moments.
    True that! It's just that there will be some out there thinking gears makes better photos. Hee!
    Pentax Kr, Pentax Super A
    K105/2.8, Fa*24/2, A28/2, A35/2, A50/1.4, A*85/1.4, A100/2.8, A135/2.8

this is good news.. more competition better!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SyncGuy View Post
    Likewise, if FF launches, there surely will be a drop in prices across the board for APSC gears.
    my first thought is "why would that be so?"

but different schools of thoughts lah... no right or wrong. just a lot of what if, maybes and unknowns.

for instance, if a pentax FF body offers a crop-mode, that would mitigate lelong selling.

also, unofficial tests indicates that some DA lenses do cover the 35mm image circle. how well would that work on a pentax FF? if its good enough, there's no reason for prices to drop either.

furthermore, based on B&H prices, a canon 24-70 f2.8L is US$2200+. a DA*16-50 is US$1400+. There is a clear price distinction between premium FF gear and premium APSC gear. would pentax sell premium FF gear so cheap that it makes its current DA* range look ridiculous? i hope so but i doubt it

so even on the 2nd hand market, how low would a seller looking to upgrade need to go to offload APSC gear when the price of FF products is on an entirely different level altogether?

put another way: if a michellin star restaurant opened next to a roti-prata shop, would the michellin star restaurant sell its dishes at the price of a plate of murtabak next door? would we expect the price of roti-prata to drop?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12