Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Pentax Confirms Full-Frame Plans at CP+

  1. #1
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Pentax Confirms Full-Frame Plans at CP+

    Did anyone read this at PF?

    The peple at PF are over the hill about the news, but I do not see a concrete answer to the question of a Full Frame camera being ready by 2014.

    Pentax Confirms Full-Frame Plans at CP+ - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  2. #2
    Member jasonlel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Malaysia/Singapore
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888
    Did anyone read this at PF?

    The peple at PF are over the hill about the news, but I do not see a concrete answer to the question of a Full Frame camera being ready by 2014.

    Pentax Confirms Full-Frame Plans at CP+ - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com
    Yea... FF is confirmed. Next question is when?

    There's also a posting in PF indicating Pentax collaborate with Tokina on FF lens....
    Nikon D700, Nikkor 20mm f2.8, 35mm/50mm f1.8G

  3. #3
    Senior Member sunnycamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    2,028

    Default Re: Pentax Confirms Full-Frame Plans at CP+

    good job, just one more year to wait.
    K-01: S8FE, DA35, DA70 Flickr

  4. #4
    Member SyncGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    LoL!!

    This is good news AND bad news..

    Good news: Pentax is finally making a FF!!

    Bad news: As much as the emphasis has always been around "want" compared to "need" of a FF, c'mon!!! Sooner or later, us the slightly more seasoned Pentaxian will WANT a FF.
    Therefore, we shall all stop buying anymore of the current Pentax offerings and await the FF!

    :P Well, at least that's what I am gonna do... Hee!
    Pentax Kr, Pentax Super A
    K105/2.8, Fa*24/2, A28/2, A35/2, A50/1.4, A*85/1.4, A100/2.8, A135/2.8

  5. #5
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: Pentax Confirms Full-Frame Plans at CP+

    Quote Originally Posted by SyncGuy View Post
    LoL!!

    This is good news AND bad news..

    Good news: Pentax is finally making a FF!!

    Bad news: As much as the emphasis has always been around "want" compared to "need" of a FF, c'mon!!! Sooner or later, us the slightly more seasoned Pentaxian will WANT a FF.
    Therefore, we shall all stop buying anymore of the current Pentax offerings and await the FF!

    :P Well, at least that's what I am gonna do... Hee!
    Eh, so you need to squirrel some money until the time comes. If and when FF comes, I will get the FA31, which everyone has been trying to poison me to get. Until then, I am happy with my DA*16-50, 50-135, DA 18-135 and DFA100. Not forgetting the FA43&77. kekeke

    For all those whom I have been telling that my next camera is the K5IIs, I spent that halfway point $$ on a DA*50-135 which was to good to pass up.
    Last edited by felixcat8888; 4th February 2013 at 07:51 PM.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  6. #6

    Default Re: Pentax Confirms Full-Frame Plans at CP+

    Didn't we read/hear the same 'news' last year, and the year before? I won't believe it even after they show us a prototype (like the MZ-S mock-up quite a few years ago).

    Get us a working pre-production set then I'd say YEAH
    Last edited by fengwei; 5th February 2013 at 09:23 AM.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Pentax Confirms Full-Frame Plans at CP+

    haha... come out then say la.... me old liao...

  8. #8

    Default Re: Pentax Confirms Full-Frame Plans at CP+

    PF owner is very good at stirring up FF rumours/psuedo-info.
    Sometimes, I wonder if its just for fun or to generate more traffic for his site.


    I'd wait for the usual guy on CS who has more accurate info (proven after so many years).


    When a FF comes, of course I'd be very happy and buy one.
    But I'd take PF info with some salt....thats all. (fingers crossed of course)

  9. #9
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: Pentax Confirms Full-Frame Plans at CP+

    What is happening at PF is just a reprise of previous FF rumours and a rehash of half-baked unsubstantiated claims.
    Like Fengwei has stated, I'll believe it only when a working prototype is unveiled.
    PF has to stir up things because it needs to create a buzz, whether real or intended.
    A lot written on PF needs a big dose of salt.
    As far as accuracy and advanced info on Pentax, I would look closer to home.

  10. #10
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: Pentax Confirms Full-Frame Plans at CP+

    Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    What is happening at PF is just a reprise of previous FF rumours and a rehash of half-baked unsubstantiated claims.
    Like Fengwei has stated, I'll believe it only when a working prototype is unveiled.
    PF has to stir up things because it needs to create a buzz, whether real or intended.
    A lot written on PF needs a big dose of salt.
    As far as accuracy and advanced info on Pentax, I would look closer to home.
    I fully agree!
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  11. #11
    Member SyncGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Hee... I only hope that they will take into consideration for current users who has invested in the current line of DA lenses and allows crop mode as an option. Even up to Q mount!

    It would be beneficial for a user as it allows one to fully utilize and consider his/her lens lineup; birding in crop mode, portrait in FF, Q for even longer reach. :P
    Pentax Kr, Pentax Super A
    K105/2.8, Fa*24/2, A28/2, A35/2, A50/1.4, A*85/1.4, A100/2.8, A135/2.8

  12. #12
    Member HYPY13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Geographical centre of S'pore
    Posts
    442

    Default Re: Pentax Confirms Full-Frame Plans at CP+

    Quote Originally Posted by SyncGuy View Post
    Hee... I only hope that they will take into consideration for current users who has invested in the current line of DA lenses and allows crop mode as an option. Even up to Q mount!

    It would be beneficial for a user as it allows one to fully utilize and consider his/her lens lineup; birding in crop mode, portrait in FF, Q for even longer reach. :P
    sir, you are truly an optimist...
    Sola Scriptura, Sola Gratia, Sola Fide, Solus Christus, Soli Deo Gloria.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Pentax Confirms Full-Frame Plans at CP+

    Anyway..this is what i found.


  14. #14

    Default Re: Pentax Confirms Full-Frame Plans at CP+

    Quote Originally Posted by TWmilkteaTW View Post
    Anyway..this is what i found.

    Reading the transcribed subtitles... it just looks like they think they should make a FF. That opinion in the company is split, but most people are coming around to supporting FF. Nothing about releasing a FF in 2014 - i think it's a desperate attempt to drive traffic to their site.

  15. #15
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Pentax Confirms Full-Frame Plans at CP+

    I have too many CF lenses and too little money to move to FF.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    East
    Posts
    5,154

    Default Re: Pentax Confirms Full-Frame Plans at CP+

    Make a FF GXR mount!!! That one can come first ... ;-)

  17. #17
    Member umar911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Marine Parade
    Posts
    103

    Default Re: Pentax Confirms Full-Frame Plans at CP+

    for the third time

  18. #18

    Default Re: Pentax Confirms Full-Frame Plans at CP+

    you can only shoot with a camera you have in your hand..not a one that has not been developed yet...

    Even a Q in hand is better than 2 pentax FF which has not been developed yet...

  19. #19
    Member pentriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Guilin in Gombak
    Posts
    1,528

    Default Re: Pentax Confirms Full-Frame Plans at CP+

    Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post
    Reading the transcribed subtitles... it just looks like they think they should make a FF. That opinion in the company is split, but most people are coming around to supporting FF. Nothing about releasing a FF in 2014 - i think it's a desperate attempt to drive traffic to their site.
    Asian culture...
    YES means NO???
    Pentax for Life

  20. #20
    Member SyncGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HYPY13

    sir, you are truly an optimist...
    LoL! I sure am! But really, just interested to know what will it look like. Wonder how huge it'll be... Haha!

    Edit: Here's my agenda, Pentax outs a FF, I'm hoping many will buy it.. Then I can buy the Da lenses for cheap! Hahaha!!
    Last edited by SyncGuy; 5th February 2013 at 04:53 PM.
    Pentax Kr, Pentax Super A
    K105/2.8, Fa*24/2, A28/2, A35/2, A50/1.4, A*85/1.4, A100/2.8, A135/2.8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •