Thread: Best Place to Buy Panasonic Discman

Default Best Place to Buy Panasonic Discman

Hi guys, where is the best place to buy panasonic discman at good price?

Kindly advise.

Kam Sia

Can try Parisilk. I got most of my electronics good from them and I prefer
    the branch at Transit Rd.

CD players and headphones nowadays have quality issues. I can name some 200-400SGD brands that sounds like 40dollar ones. I choose not to name them in public, but Panasonic is no exception. Perhaps its better if u bring ur own headphone and cd to check the sound first before u buy. That's the wisest choice.

It's not just CD players, almost all consumer electronic products facing this serious problem. Time to market pressure and price competition is driving quality to drain. My suggestion is get a "branded" one. It's better to read user's review / experience before making a decision. If you can affort, get one that's "Made in Japan".

Quote Originally Posted by dennisc
    CD players and headphones nowadays have quality issues. I can name some 200-400SGD brands that sounds like 40dollar ones. I choose not to name them in public, but Panasonic is no exception. Perhaps its better if u bring ur own headphone and cd to check the sound first before u buy. That's the wisest choice.

Yep MIJ ones are the safer bets I agree. But branded ones isn't neccesarily good nowadays, like Sony EJ series, I have 2 of them. Slim and expensive 1st one didn't sound good, I was convinced an even higher model would be better. Hmm no luck. Hardly use them.
    Panasonic too. Stopped buying them, since there's mp3. Lost my loyalty and confidence in many brands esp those MIC.
    But I can name some rare but good old ones still out there.

So MIJ is still better? Some people thinks that MIC or MIT are as good as them.

My conclusion is that for electronic products, MIJ is still the best. You pay for what you get.

For other stuffs, I think MIC or MIAnywhere are as good. Esp bags.

Thanks a lot for your comments. I am in favor of panasonic brand cos of its good reputation in the market. I may be wrong. The latest series of Panasonic are MIJ.

Dennisc, What other good brands are avail which you mentioned?

Hey AF Bug, i like your avatar very much. Entertaining