Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 54

Thread: Logo Design Contest

  1. #1
    ClubSNAP Admin Darren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,510
    Blog Entries
    2

    Exclamation Logo Design Contest

    A follow-on to the logo design mania (sort of) that was going on in this thread.

    Seriously, we need to come up with a nice, new, funky logo for ClubSNAP and we want to see your design prowess.

    Some guidelines to follow (but don't follow blindly-lah, just to keep in mind) :-
    1. Design must be clean and functional cos it will be used in a variety of applications eg. web, official correspondence, t-shirts, caps, etc. etc. Or can have multiple logos around the same theme for different usages.
    2. Try to communicate the convergence of traditional analog and new digital photography.
    Please try your luck in coming up with something great looking. Afraid that there is no cash prize for this but you WILL be acknowledged as the designer and will therefore gain instant fame, recognition and status among ClubSNAP members and beyond.

    Quick definition of clean and functional - not too many colors, easy to print and reproduce without hefty cost, design must not be too cluttered.

    Please post your entry/entries here for all to admire and comment on. There is no end-date for this, and even when a design is chosen, can still submit cos needs change as we evolve.

    p.s. pls DO NOT use Singapore flag in your design

  2. #2
    jinn
    Guests

    Default

    i'll give it a shot...



    logo with description and url



    logo without description and url



    logo on a tee-shirt



    logo on a cap

  3. #3

    Default

    wow, even display on t-shirt and cap. Nice one there.

    Err... a bit plain for the t-shirt?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    99

    Default

    plain and simple, I like this one.

    Originally posted by jinn
    i'll give it a shot...



    logo with description and url



    logo without description and url



    logo on a tee-shirt



    logo on a cap

  5. #5

    Default



    Actually after all the images given, I still prefer the above one by willyfoo. Clearly shown between film and digital. Simple and sweet.

  6. #6

    Default

    Here's my contribution:





    Basically the logo shows:
    1. Camera - Photography
    2. Friendly Silhouette - A forum where friendly conversation takes place
    3. Film and Digital - the two media
    4. Blue color - as in the color of the sky. So its like a forum where you can talk about anything under the sky.
    5. The clubSNAP wordings.

    Image created in Freehand 10.

    Comments?
    Get the latest news with Today Online Downloader

  7. #7

    Default

    Holly Cow! Camerakit, are you a graphic designer ? That's a piece of artwork, commercial quality. Can modify just a little bit to give it a non-profit org looks ?

  8. #8
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    JURONG
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Originally posted by revenant


    Actually after all the images given, I still prefer the above one by willyfoo. Clearly shown between film and digital. Simple and sweet.
    i really prefer this design....pretty cool...yeh....after all we are all camera fanatics...

  9. #9

    Default

    non-profit org logo?? Any suggestions? Hee...
    Get the latest news with Today Online Downloader

  10. #10

    Default

    Originally posted by camerakit
    Here's my contribution:





    Basically the logo shows:
    1. Camera - Photography
    2. Friendly Silhouette - A forum where friendly conversation takes place
    3. Film and Digital - the two media
    4. Blue color - as in the color of the sky. So its like a forum where you can talk about anything under the sky.
    5. The clubSNAP wordings.

    Image created in Freehand 10.

    Comments?
    maybe for the film part, can add in those hole by the side to clearly define that it is film....

    Just my $0.02

  11. #11
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default

    Woah! Keep it coming!

  12. #12
    ClubSNAP Admin Darren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,510
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Logos looking good so far keep 'em coming.....

    If willyfoo doesn't object violently, how about updating his design with jinn's typeface and colors, and to make it less B&W and contemporary.

  13. #13

    Default

    Originally posted by camerakit




    Looks like a scarf ehh... for the snap.
    Last edited by revenant; 29th August 2002 at 10:23 AM.

  14. #14

    Default

    Wow, you guys are really good at graphic design....
    Don't think I can come up with better designs, hehe.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan/ Los Angeles, California. U.S.A.
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Since you are looking to change the logo, you might want to consider moving away from the generic default vBulliten theme as well and come up with a total "fresh" look.

  16. #16
    ClubSNAP Admin Darren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,510
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Originally posted by OpenLens
    Since you are looking to change the logo, you might want to consider moving away from the generic default vBulliten theme as well and come up with a total "fresh" look.
    Yes, absolutely, thats in the plan, but right now, I think getting content, postings, and participation from members are higher up the priority list - after all, what good is a photoforum that looks good, but doesn't have many members and not many posts

  17. #17

    Default

    What happened to that "Street photographer" t-shirt slogan?

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Near the Clouds
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Originally posted by revenant

    I really like the defination and the bold contrast shown between the black and the white. It somehow just... shines out.... *shrug*

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    u n k n o w n
    Posts
    692

    Default

    Originally posted by Poledra


    I really like the defination and the bold contrast shown between the black and the white. It somehow just... shines out.... *shrug*
    but this one gives me the thought that I have seen this design somewhere.......and reminds me some "brand".

    I prefer the "camerakit"'s design
    A very creative design. I really like it!

  20. #20

    Default

    Hee... thanks....

    However I am finding a little difficult to add the holes to the side of the film (as mentioned by BlueStrike) as the film is in a perspective view.
    Get the latest news with Today Online Downloader

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •