Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2567891217 ... LastLast

Thread: SGD $1000/- cash reward

Deregistered

I'll cover the event with flash photography!!!

1) you cannot defame someone in pm. libel must be witnessed by third parties and must harm the reputation of the person being defamed.

2) the jury is out whether you can defame an online nick, especially when the nick is new and the knowledge of your real person to your online persona is not known.

3) speaking the truth isn't defamation. eg: calling someone gay who ACTUALLY is gay isn't libel, and if society also no longer finds being gay a "shameful/slanderous" remark, then it also doesn't apply. (thus calling certain people an enlightened despot doesn't qualify as slander)

4) if you're a lawyer, you should how to subpeona the administrator of this forum for the email address registered to yanyewkay and then subpeona the isp for his contact details.

I saw the headline and though there was $$ to be made.
    Aiyo, school boy spat only.

i noticed that the original thread starter hasn't appeared since posting the first post... hehe
    Budget wedding photographer :)

No wonder whole night CS so slow response. All because of this thread. This is a real waste of bandwidth.

oh my god , no wonder the server so slow and hardly read page by page.

is that all?? no ending ah??
    When I do right, no one remembers. When I do wrong, no one ever forgets.

mods....work leh.
    On a side note, i recalled that in the past CS had a rule where you were not allowed to publicly name shops or businesses just because you did not like them? has this since been lifted? This is dangerous to the admins since the shops can chose to sue the forum for being responsible for hosting such solicitous comments. Perhaps it is time to install some filterS? DA.PHOTO, i'm really keen on hearing your interpretation of the law. I thought this thread was lost. Or have you taken my advice and left the forum?

the first thread got me so excited ... then now so anti-climax

Seems like more and more defamation and personal grudges and things likedat going on in CS..moderators please take note.

Quote Originally Posted by Grub
    Yanyewkay, aside from all this joking around, I'm curious...did you or did you not do it? PM the original poster and used bad words?
    i had previously posted our PMs.. but witnin minutes.. someone PMed me to take it down as it is not nice to disclose private messages without the other parties consent. (sounds like it happened with our country leaders)

I had never called him any names or slandered hiim.

In abstract, I told him every business is out to make profit and anyone who claims they are selling at cost price are probably running a charity and if he wants to do so I'll gladly buy from him.

I gave him an analogy that a bowl of mee pok costs less than 50cents and he can flame the uncle for selling at such a high price.

Finally, I told him, "Welcome to the real world"

Oh yah.. I also told him not to fire big words around if he isn't all that conversant with law.

Slander? Name calling?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Default where is da lawyer?

whoa. so many posts already. hmm 1k sounds like a real sweet deal here man.

but of course, i m really more interested in the drama. where is da lawyer?

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    I had earlier held back not posting in the forum as a thread for everyone to read but to PM him instead but I guess d.a. photo wasn't all too happy with my PM.
    tell u wat, bro,
    give me the info,
    we split 50-50 the $1000/=.

wat do u say?

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    he already give out one hint in his new avatar...
    sorry ah.. din't manage to capture the full number plate cos not using the 17-40L any more. Returned to kind owner already.

omg.. i took 10minutes to load this page !!! aaaarrrgghhh !!!!! wat is wrong !! what suddenly CS sooo the slow....

faint...

could it be that this thread is snatching all the BW ??

Quote Originally Posted by judeseah
    tell u wat, bro,
    give me the info,
    we split 50-50 the $1000/=.

wat do u say?

haha pls refer to pg 4 bottom few posts

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    I think I may want to post a new thread in the Consumer forum.

Does the below look ok?
    "
    WTS: yanyewkay's details
    Price: Make me an offer (start bid:$400) BNP:$990
    Description: my personal particulars for legal uses
    Condition: 2/10 been used for more than 20+++ years
    Comments: Please bid here for transparency sake and do not PM me.

MAI TU LIAO! BUY BUY BUY!
    "
    glennyong: I tot they just upgraded new hardware this afternoon? 3:40 to 5:30 but still as slow lei.. i really think the 1K reward is really to enticing and eye catching. Futhermore, everyone's posting in here and keep upping the thread ahah sure to hit 2K by tomorrow morning when I wake up... then da guy have to open sgd$1k part 2 liao.. still lose to ST1 though.. ahhaha

YANYEWKAY, it would seem like da.photo has maligned you. You could press charges against him you know.

Quote Originally Posted by loupgarou
    1) you cannot defame someone in pm. libel must be witnessed by third parties and must harm the reputation of the person being defamed.

2) the jury is out whether you can defame an online nick, especially when the nick is new and the knowledge of your real person to your online persona is not known.

3) speaking the truth isn't defamation. eg: calling someone gay who ACTUALLY is gay isn't libel, and if society also no longer finds being gay a "shameful/slanderous" remark, then it also doesn't apply. (thus calling certain people an enlightened despot doesn't qualify as slander)

4) if you're a lawyer, you should how to subpeona the administrator of this forum for the email address registered to yanyewkay and then subpeona the isp for his contact details.
    hahaha very interesting post. btw it is "subpoena"

Quote Originally Posted by szekiat
    YANYEWKAY, it would seem like da.photo has maligned you. You could press charges against him you know.
    i'm cool. Lawyers and judges are busy enough already. I shall just leave this topic as entertainment. It's been a long time since I last laughed this much on CS. This kind of case would probably take more than a year before it gets heard or a verdict passed.

It most likely it wouldn't start of in the supreme court unless d.a. photo is suing me for really really big money. >250K if I remembered correctly. Or maybe he can jsut appeal and it'll go straight up there.

alexlkk: subpoena is to 'command' or 'force' by legally assertions on a particular person/group to do certain things.

photo is such a dumb A**

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2567891217 ... LastLast