Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: Thrid Party GPS Receivers for Nikon DSLRs

  1. #21

    Default

    The one I got does not have the screw but is holding very tightly, no chance of dropping it.

    Slow in acquisition of GPS signal and drains camera battery. But compact and useful. I'm pacing more batteries.

  2. #22

    Default

    I did not want wires and having the big receiver at the GPS slot, so I went with eazytag where they have a small Bluetooth receiver where you plug into the GPS slot, wirelessly connected to the GPS on top of your cam.

    It was pretty handy.. Only issue I has is the Bluetooth receiver is a bit fragile. So if you fix it and dun bother it at all, you would be fine for it. If you plug in and out, be prepared to get another of the Bluetooth receiver as I found out in my recent trip.

    Sending it back to the manufacturer while they will be shipping the replacement to me.

  3. #23

    Default Re: Thrid Party GPS Receivers for Nikon DSLRs

    Quote Originally Posted by diediealsomustdive View Post
    The one I got does not have the screw but is holding very tightly, no chance of dropping it.

    Slow in acquisition of GPS signal and drains camera battery. But compact and useful. I'm pacing more batteries.
    Mine fell off and got lost the first time I took it overseas for holiday. Probably got knocked off by the camera strap during use. Luckily I brought along a spare GPS as a back up.

  4. #24
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Default Re: Thrid Party GPS Receivers for Nikon DSLRs

    The Aokatec with GPS is the same size as the Easytag BT.

  5. #25

    Default

    Comes with a string and I tie it to the strap just in case.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Hacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    4,239

    Default Re: Thrid Party GPS Receivers for Nikon DSLRs

    The latest versions have built in GPS. No BT required.

    For Professional

  7. #27

    Default Re: Thrid Party GPS Receivers for Nikon DSLRs

    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    The latest versions have built in GPS. No BT required.

    For Professional
    Are you getting one?

  8. #28
    Senior Member Hacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    4,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Are you getting one?
    Ordered early this week.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Hacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    4,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post

    Ordered early this week.
    Arrived last week and managed to take it out for a spin today with the D4. Very fast lock on and tiny, but not sure why it is just a snap on and not designed with a screw to secure the device. Otherwise, beats all units out there for size.

  10. #30

    Default Re: Thrid Party GPS Receivers for Nikon DSLRs

    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Arrived last week and managed to take it out for a spin today with the D4. Very fast lock on and tiny, but not sure why it is just a snap on and not designed with a screw to secure the device. Otherwise, beats all units out there for size.
    Smaller than the Aokatec ?
    They should really have sprung for a screw-on lock. Must really tie it to the camera body or strap with a string in that case.

  11. #31
    Senior Member Hacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    4,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Smaller than the Aokatec ?
    They should really have sprung for a screw-on lock. Must really tie it to the camera body or strap with a string in that case.
    Smallest with built-in GPS. Quite annoying as the unit can come loose. They do provide a cord to secure the unit though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •