Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 180

Thread: Singapore population to hit 6.9million by 2030

  1. #61

    Default Re: Singapore population to hit 6.9million by 2030

    My dear fellow Singaporean. There will be a protest on 16 Feb at the speaker corner
    Go there to support or take photo
    https://www.facebook.com/events/162959550518581/
    Poor Man With Expensive Hobby

  2. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Singapore population to hit 6.9million by 2030

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    We need a people that is not greedy, be grateful for what they are given, don't complain, accept new immigrants, produce lots of babies, and work hard.
    ...... ...... we need to do cross-breeding ............ and have old MacDonald manage the farm ............... less pigs because they are greedy....oink oink ...... Ye-I-Ye-I-Old
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Singapore population to hit 6.9million by 2030

    Quote Originally Posted by alf6901 View Post
    My dear fellow Singaporean. There will be a protest on 16 Feb at the speaker corner
    Go there to support or take photo
    https://www.facebook.com/events/162959550518581/

    Can organise a photoshoot there ........ any XMMs want to volunteer for TFCD? ..... (actually this is no laughing matter)..........
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  4. #64
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,931
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Singapore population to hit 6.9million by 2030

    reminder not to talk politics here ..... the projection is for 2030 ..... next GE is 2016.... discuss and decide there.... thank you

    posts deleted .... next talk about lightning or hammer and this thread gets shut down thank you.

    Yes lets discuss how our neighborhoods, landscape, .... or even how our cultures will be by then .... and any benefits or problems with living in mega cities like Tokyo, Shanghai, Beijing, Seoul, Mumbai, New York, etc and how our own country might turn out by then
    Last edited by ed9119; 4th February 2013 at 12:31 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  5. #65
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,106

    Default Re: Singapore population to hit 6.9million by 2030

    Can't wait till 2030 !!!

    COE $200K
    3 BED CONDO starting price $ 2 MIL
    SEMI DETACH House starting price $ 4 MIL
    GOOD CLASS BUNGALOW Starting price $ 20 MIL !!

    :0
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

  6. #66
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,931
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Singapore population to hit 6.9million by 2030

    COE $200K slightly less than halfway there
    3 BED CONDO starting price $ 2 MIL already
    SEMI DETACH House starting price $ 4 MIL already
    GOOD CLASS BUNGALOW Starting price $ 20 MIL already

    If any International School here goes IPO I'm buying in
    If Sheng Siong or NTUC Supermarket goes IPO I'm buying in
    ANY walk-up old apartment even in Geylang, I'm looking
    Any half decent Health and Hospitalization insurance, I'm buying
    Last edited by ed9119; 4th February 2013 at 12:43 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  7. #67

    Default Re: Singapore population to hit 6.9million by 2030

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    COE $200K slightly less than halfway there
    3 BED CONDO starting price $ 2 MIL already
    SEMI DETACH House starting price $ 4 MIL already
    GOOD CLASS BUNGALOW Starting price $ 20 MIL already

    If any International School here goes IPO I'm buying in
    If Sheng Siong or NTUC Supermarket goes IPO I'm buying in
    ANY walk-up old apartment even in Geylang, I'm looking
    Any half decent Health and Hospitalization insurance, I'm buying
    in fact with good planning and all ministry moving forward together we can achieve 14million with greenery at out footstep ,world class transportation, affordable housing, cheaper and quality healthcare

    so everybody should advocate the additional human beings into Singapore in worst case scenario
    Last edited by dreaming; 4th February 2013 at 12:52 PM.

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Singapore population to hit 6.9million by 2030

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    in fact with good planning and all ministry moving forward together we can achieve 14million with greenery at out footstep ,world class transportation, affordable housing, cheaper and quality healthcare

    so everybody should advocate the additional human beings into Singapore in worst case scenario
    ....... worst case scenario is when you have to share the same urinal with 3 other foreigners ....

    I am buying into a company that makes sanitary ware .......
    Last edited by Zenten; 4th February 2013 at 01:11 PM.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  9. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Singapore population to hit 6.9million by 2030

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    reminder not to talk politics here ..... the projection is for 2030 ..... next GE is 2016.... discuss and decide there.... thank you

    posts deleted .... next talk about lightning or hammer and this thread gets shut down thank you.

    Yes lets discuss how our neighborhoods, landscape, .... or even how our cultures will be by then .... and any benefits or problems with living in mega cities like Tokyo, Shanghai, Beijing, Seoul, Mumbai, New York, etc and how our own country might turn out by then
    Tokyo is part of Japan, Beijing is part of China, New York is part of USA ............ Singapore City is still part of Singapore ........
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  10. #70

    Default Re: Singapore population to hit 6.9million by 2030

    we should also see this as a business opportunity

    like SMRT
    Last edited by dreaming; 4th February 2013 at 01:08 PM.

  11. #71

    Default Re: Singapore population to hit 6.9million by 2030

    actually i thoughg hiring ppl to learn cusine from most countries then open a super multi national
    foodcourt to cater to their needs

  12. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Singapore population to hit 6.9million by 2030

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    actually i thoughg hiring ppl to learn cusine from most countries then open a super multi national
    foodcourt to cater to their needs
    ...... the people you hire will probably be eating at home ......foodcourts will be too congested by then ......... any other brilliant ideas ........

    Actually, I was thinking of starting a funeral parlour and service business ............... come 2030 .......Ye I Ye I old ....... gotta move on ........
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  13. #73
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Re: Singapore population to hit 6.9million by 2030

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    we should also see this as a business opportunity

    like SMRT
    So do pickpockets and con men...

  14. #74

    Default Re: Singapore population to hit 6.9million by 2030

    waste company.

    imagine the waste generated by thr 7milliin
    human being

  15. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Singapore population to hit 6.9million by 2030

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    waste company.

    imagine the waste generated by thr 7milliin
    human being
    .... and also the amount of pollution? Read about the pollution crisis in Beijing recently? You are better off selling gas masks because COE prices will be out of reach anyway.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  16. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Singapore population to hit 6.9million by 2030

    Tokyo and New York rank as 2 of the costliest cities in the world ..... Singapore is catching up at #6 ......and #3 in Asia .....
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  17. #77
    Senior Member Halfmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore.
    Posts
    4,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post

    ...... ...... we need to do cross-breeding ............ and have old MacDonald manage the farm ............... less pigs because they are greedy....oink oink ...... Ye-I-Ye-I-Old
    This is a dangerous statement. ... could be taken as racial cleansing. ..... destroy all pure breed.... lets begin with the cat.... lol....
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

  18. #78
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Singapore population to hit 6.9million by 2030

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon View Post
    This is a dangerous statement. ... could be taken as racial cleansing. ..... destroy all pure breed.... lets begin with the cat.... lol....
    Bro, in case you are not aware, there is a $2k bounty offered for capturing the serial cat killer still at large..
    If you want to help with investigations , I could still share the reward with you after your release .....
    Last edited by Zenten; 4th February 2013 at 08:31 PM.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  19. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Singapore population to hit 6.9million by 2030

    No need to over react.
    It will be implemented after perfunctory debate - which is the same policy making approach regardless of whether in USA, Japan, Syria, PRC, UK, North Korea, South Korea, France, Malaysia or Singapore.

    Policies are dynamic and do change over time.
    After a while, there may be another white paper to control and drastically reduce the population size in Singapore, when the leader feels there is a need to do so. One can always find good reasons why. Again, it will be implemented after the usual debate.

    There is proof that profound change in policy is possible. Some time ago this was all the rage:

    Photo Credit: Remember Singapore website Remember Singapore | remember the good old days…

    Last edited by ricohflex; 5th February 2013 at 12:02 AM.

  20. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Singapore population to hit 6.9million by 2030

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    No need to over react.
    It will be implemented after perfunctory debate - which is the same policy making approach regardless of whether in USA, Japan, Syria, PRC, UK, North Korea, South Korea, France, Malaysia or Singapore.

    Policies are dynamic and do change over time.
    After a while, there may be another white paper to control and drastically reduce the population size in Singapore, when the leader feels there is a need to do so. One can always find good reasons why. Again, it will be implemented after the usual debate.

    There is proof that profound change in policy is possible. Some time ago this was all the rage:

    Photo Credit: Remember Singapore website Remember Singapore | remember the good old days…

    This is what happens when man wants to play God ....... and not let nature take its course .......some would perceive it as Karma; it is all about cause and effect and there is always a price to pay.
    Last edited by Zenten; 5th February 2013 at 12:35 AM.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •