Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Experience with ShutterStock?

  1. #1

    Red face Experience with ShutterStock?

    hi,

    I came across this website called ShutterStock (http://www.shutterstock.com) and it seems to be quite attractive to join. They pay you US$0.20 for each time your photograph is downloaded.

    Does anyone has any positive/negative experiences with the website to share?

    In particular, I'm wondering if anyone has actually been paid by them.

    Cheers!
    Hobbes

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbesyeo
    hi,

    I came across this website called ShutterStock (http://www.shutterstock.com) and it seems to be quite attractive to join. They pay you US$0.20 for each time your photograph is downloaded.

    Does anyone has any positive/negative experiences with the website to share?

    In particular, I'm wondering if anyone has actually been paid by them.

    Cheers!
    Hobbes
    I have submitted some of my pictures there. Have not been paid yet because still far from the USD $100 target ( have to have 500 downloads). Some points you may want to consider:

    1. you are giving away your copyright if the photo is accepted (which probably means that your photo cannot participate in competition?)

    2. Need at least 500 downloads to be able to request for USD$100 payment (will you receive it, I still don know. Haven hit target yet )

    3. Stock photography is different (still trying to get a grasp of what the customer want).

    There's a few other stock photography sites like dreamtime.com (which pays US$0.50 per download) and istock.com (don know what's the payout).

  3. #3

    Default

    Hi!

    I'm getting my cheque in a couple of weeks time. Can't believe it's that fast as I just uploaded some crap that I don't use.

    Here's a tip! Submit photos that are unique to Asia. Shutterstock lacks that.

    BTW, i get US 23 cents per download, not 20.

    Check out shutterstock guys!

    Shutterstock

    Besides shutterstock, I am also starting to sell my photos at Shuttermap & for higher priced prints that I wanna sell (like USD 100 & a bove per piece), I use a site called Artwanted, which is like a free portfolio cum personal gallery where u can sell your work.

    Best of all, they are all FREE!


    Admin Message: URL links have been edited to remove referral IDs.

  4. #4

    Default Bank Charges

    Hi All ...

    Thanks for sharing and very interesting perspective indeed ...
    Just wondering what banks usually charge for clearing USD checques ...
    I am think of uploading some of my images also, but hate to give part of my money to the bank when I have to deposit the checque ...

    Anyone thot about that ....


    RGDS

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Town of Queens doing PORT-9YOU
    Posts
    12,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Long Thai Bean
    Thanks for sharing and very interesting perspective indeed ...
    Just wondering what banks usually charge for clearing USD checques ...
    I am think of uploading some of my images also, but hate to give part of my money to the bank when I have to deposit the checque ...
    There's a bank charge for depositing foreign cheques, but can't remember how much, either a fixed fee or a certain percentage.

    Anyone knows?

  6. #6

    Default

    I have tried cashing canadian cheque with UOB here.
    There was a a fixed fee (forgot how much) and an exchange rate at the bank's mercy.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slim
    I have submitted some of my pictures there. Have not been paid yet because still far from the USD $100 target ( have to have 500 downloads). Some points you may want to consider:

    1. you are giving away your copyright if the photo is accepted (which probably means that your photo cannot participate in competition?)

    2. Need at least 500 downloads to be able to request for USD$100 payment (will you receive it, I still don know. Haven hit target yet )

    3. Stock photography is different (still trying to get a grasp of what the customer want).

    There's a few other stock photography sites like dreamtime.com (which pays US$0.50 per download) and istock.com (don know what's the payout).


    Hi Slim,
    Thanks for your feedback. I agree with you. It's probably quite hard to accumulate enough downloads to get the cheque. But I guess I'll still try anyway; just so that I can improve my foto skills.

    Cheers!
    Hobbes

  8. #8
    Phildate
    Guests

    Default

    I just banked a cheque for US$110 from Shutterstock - HSBC are charging me US$15 for the priviledge so I made sure I swapped to PayPal before next payment...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •