Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 129

Thread: Cufflinks Shoot - Please read the requirements

  1. #101

    Default Re: Cufflinks Shoot - Please read the requirements

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    OK, let's just base it on what you have posted above:
    $1.99 per shot
    140 shots
    Total $278.60
    1 day shoot
    5 days week
    52 weeks a year
    Grand Total of $72,436 per year

    Sounds fair and straight forward, but:
    I don't think you can complete all the shots in one day, so your logic of 1 day shoot is out
    I don't think TS is offering the same number of shots @ $2/- everyday nor is there so many 140 shots @ $2/-each to shoot everyday, so your logic of 5 days a week is out
    I don't think you can base it on 52 weeks since you can'r even fill up 1 week, so your logic of 52 weeks a year is out
    Since there is no 140 shots @ $2/shot everyday, no 5 days a week of $278.60/day and no 52 weeks of fully book shoots everyday, so your logic of $72,436/year is also out.
    Seems logical to you?
    And we have not even touch on post production, overhead cost, marketing to get 140 shots at $2/- everyday, etc .........




    Yes you are right, it is not an ideal world, people makes it complicated, especially when they simplify it too thinly, so what do we do? We explain, we share from personal experience and we try to manage it.
    You could be right but it doesn't mean it is impossible. Perhaps I am too immersed in the R&D environment - make things out of the nearly impossible.
    Education is always good especially from experience. The importance I guess is to stop short when it comes to decision.

  2. #102
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Cufflinks Shoot - Please read the requirements

    You miss out the whole picture here,

    #1, the thread remind here is to serve as education purpose.
    #2, Cufflinkcraze can request any price he want, but photographers has the RIGHTS to say "no".
    #3, it seem you are the only ONE who said YES.


    FYI, we are not really bother much about cheapo customers/clients, but we do find the bad apples are those who advocate others to take up assignments like this.
    why? because those who take up such cheapo jobs will be hurt, one bitten, twice shy, they will learn a lesson and move on. Or quit. Most of us been there and we don't want others to suffer the same.
    but those who don't do but keep telling others it is fine to do it.................... what do you call this type of people btw?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  3. #103

    Default Re: Cufflinks Shoot - Please read the requirements

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Since this had been moved to Photo Biz section and for the benefit of prople who may be checking out the "Market Rate",

    For a job like this I would usually quote my clients base on per day rate. I est. it would take 2 1/2 days to shoot @ $1,800/day with local release and web advertising, only by the client and not to be release to any other party.

    It would be good if other photographers can give their est. also, can help the newbies and clients better understand the "Market Rate".

    damn....... this sort of job i run away quickly...... hard to shoot..... people never shoot before think easy..... those who wanna try, please try with spoon, kettle and forks first, and must use white then black back ground...
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  4. #104
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Cufflinks Shoot - Please read the requirements

    Quote Originally Posted by kklee View Post
    Yesterday at IMM and I saw the D3200. Maybe I can buy that and then take up this assignment, it can help offset the camera cost.
    Perhaps I will tell the TS that I am just a GWC. Oops..this assignment has been taken.
    Quote Originally Posted by kklee View Post
    You could be right but it doesn't mean it is impossible. Perhaps I am too immersed in the R&D environment - make things out of the nearly impossible.
    Education is always good especially from experience. The importance I guess is to stop short when it comes to decision.
    You should go practise what you preach, take up all the cheapo assignments.

    if you can't, don't persuade others to go and take up.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  5. #105

    Default Re: Cufflinks Shoot - Please read the requirements

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    You miss out the whole picture here,

    #1, the thread remind here is to serve as education purpose.
    #2, Cufflinkcraze can request any price he want, but photographers has the RIGHTS to say "no".
    #3, it seem you are the only ONE who said YES.


    FYI, we are not really bother much about cheapo customers/clients, but we do find the bad apples are those who advocate others to take up assignments like this.
    why? because those who take up such cheapo jobs will be hurt, one bitten, twice shy, they will learn a lesson and move on. Or quit. Most of us been there and we don't want others to suffer the same.
    but those who don't do but keep telling others it is fine to do it.................... what do you call this type of people btw?

    Mr kklee, this is the best summary for you after almost 5 full pages of ADVICES AND REASONS from patience members.
    Inferiority Complex Behavior Signature: A900.D3x.M9..I have this and that blah blah...

  6. #106
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default

    When someone opens his mouth just so he can hear his own voice, why bother with him?

  7. #107

    Default Re: Cufflinks Shoot - Please read the requirements

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    You miss out the whole picture here,

    #1, the thread remind here is to serve as education purpose.
    #2, Cufflinkcraze can request any price he want, but photographers has the RIGHTS to say "no".
    #3, it seem you are the only ONE who said YES.


    FYI, we are not really bother much about cheapo customers/clients, but we do find the bad apples are those who advocate others to take up assignments like this.
    why? because those who take up such cheapo jobs will be hurt, one bitten, twice shy, they will learn a lesson and move on. Or quit. Most of us been there and we don't want others to suffer the same.
    but those who don't do but keep telling others it is fine to do it.................... what do you call this type of people btw?
    It will also be good not to advocate others not to take up assignments like this
    and
    I will always try my best not to think of clients as cheapos or bad apples - I would just term them as being a tad more difficult and drive a hard bargain.

    P.S. I don't advocate others to take up this assignment, I merely indicate that it is a free market that the TS can offer whatever he likes and whoever can accepts if it deems fit.

    Perhaps if no one posted after the TS, things will turn out different.

    #2, Cufflinkcraze can request any price he want, but photographers has the RIGHTS to say "no". <--- Photographers also has the RIGHTS to say "yes" ?
    #3, it seem you are the only ONE who said YES. <--- TS posted to thank those that have responded and he had found someone ? Are those YES or NO ? Anyway, I think the TS posted that before I posted in this thread.

    I think I will be "bombarded" even more if I said I do it for free !
    Hmm... I might have to re-think because an assumption has been made that I have ZERO knowledge on product photography.
    Do I really care?

  8. #108

    Default Re: Cufflinks Shoot - Please read the requirements

    Quote Originally Posted by wakaowalao View Post
    Mr kklee, this is the best summary for you after almost 5 full pages of ADVICES AND REASONS from patience members.
    P.S. The TS seems to have found someone or the someone found the TS. After 5 full pages, does #3 stands? I would say anything if you think that is correct.

    You don't seem to have replied post #68 where you seems to indicate that TS is looking for goodnus here. Do you mean that the person who took up the job is what you have indicated ?

    I kind of like your NOTHING reply.

  9. #109

    Default Re: Cufflinks Shoot - Please read the requirements

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    You should go practise what you preach, take up all the cheapo assignments.

    if you can't, don't persuade others to go and take up.
    See #107.

  10. #110
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Cufflinks Shoot - Please read the requirements

    Quote Originally Posted by kklee View Post
    You could be right but it doesn't mean it is impossible. Perhaps I am too immersed in the R&D environment - make things out of the nearly impossible.
    Education is always good especially from experience. The importance I guess is to stop short when it comes to decision.
    While you're entitled to your own opinion, no matter how illogical it is to everyone else, I can say from my experience working as an assistant in a commericial studio, running my own studio and keeping in touch with other photograpgers still in the trade now, your calculation is impossible.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  11. #111

    Default Re: Cufflinks Shoot - Please read the requirements

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    While you're entitled to your own opinion, no matter how illogical it is to everyone else, I can say from my experience working as an assistant in a commericial studio, running my own studio and keeping in touch with other photograpgers still in the trade now, your calculation is impossible.
    Probably.

  12. #112
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Cufflinks Shoot - Please read the requirements

    it just cross my mind that you are somebody we knew before, by how the way you reply to all our posts.

    I don't think you will ever engage a conversation with us in a more constructive way.

    we are not trying to win a debate here, and we just want to share with the rest of photographers who wish to learn.

    I will stop responding to you posts from now on and see you as transparent. until the moment you crossd the line.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  13. #113
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Cufflinks Shoot - Please read the requirements

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    damn....... this sort of job i run away quickly...... hard to shoot..... people never shoot before think easy..... those who wanna try, please try with spoon, kettle and forks first, and must use white then black back ground...
    Hahaha, don't worry Bro, I still remember I own you a sharing session on shooting wine , busy now as doing some non photography related freelance work.
    Last edited by yqt; 14th February 2013 at 11:54 AM.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  14. #114

    Default Re: Cufflinks Shoot - Please read the requirements

    Inferiority Complex Behavior Signature: A900.D3x.M9..I have this and that blah blah...

  15. #115
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: Cufflinks Shoot - Please read the requirements

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Hahaha, don't worry Bro, I still remember I own you a sharing session on shooting wine , busy now as doing some non photography related freelance work.
    hah! When you 2 are done, pass the wine this way

  16. #116
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Cufflinks Shoot - Please read the requirements

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    hah! When you 2 are done, pass the wine this way
    Like that have to shoot a whole crate of wine
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  17. #117

    Default Re: Cufflinks Shoot - Please read the requirements

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    never never never look down on self assignments.
    FYI, basically all my stock photos are generated from self assignments, I own the photos and I can sell it again and again.

    TS here is seek custom photos which photographers can't use if for any other purpose beside portfolio, and he can stop you for using it for your portfolio if he want to, don't forget he will own the rights of the photos by default, and he is only willing pay up to $1.99 per photo.
    shall an enterprising shooter then buy each of his products then shoot and resell back at say, fifty dollars ? idea?
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  18. #118
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Cufflinks Shoot - Please read the requirements

    Quote Originally Posted by Cufflinkcraze View Post
    Hello folks,

    I have 70 pairs of cufflinks that need to be photographed for my ecommerce website.

    - 2 shots per cufflinks pair, total of 140 shots.
    - black background, reflective.
    - Those who's charges are more than S$2.00 per shot, please do not apply.
    - the end result have to be this and cropped to 800 by 700 pixels:




    Please email me at cufflinkcraze@yahoo.com.sg
    Shouldn't this thread be in the "Service Wanted"?
    Last edited by Sion; 15th February 2013 at 06:35 PM.

  19. #119
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Cufflinks Shoot - Please read the requirements

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    shall an enterprising shooter then buy each of his products then shoot and resell back at say, fifty dollars ? idea?
    Why buy? Shoot and run away with the cufflinks.

  20. #120

    Default Re: Cufflinks Shoot - Please read the requirements

    sion is slow
    alr shifted from service wanted to here
    don always hide in kpt hahahahaha

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •