View Poll Results: It's 2005, who still use film?

Voters
318. You may not vote on this poll
  • Film only

    62 19.50%
  • Digital only

    76 23.90%
  • Mostly Film even I have Digital Cam

    43 13.52%
  • Film is best but digital for work or practical reasons

    137 43.08%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 147

Thread: It's 2005, who still use film?

  1. #101

    Default Re: It's 2005, who still use film?

    Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    Fotohub - beach road...
    I just bought one roll

    Anyone onz for some slides/b&w outing?


    thanks man.
    how much u bought it for ?

    anyway i am quite on for it.
    i just shot 3 rolls of Ilford FP4 2 days back at CCK.
    Panasonic G3 | Minolta X700 | Minolta X370 | Pentax Asahi Spotmatic | Pratika MTL 3 | Panasonic Lx3

  2. #102
    Senior Member icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East
    Posts
    3,874

    Default Re: It's 2005, who still use film?

    Quote Originally Posted by overcrash
    thanks man.
    how much u bought it for ?

    anyway i am quite on for it.
    i just shot 3 rolls of Ilford FP4 2 days back at CCK.
    bought mine at fotohub.. cant remember the price...
    Superia 100 is not my usual film.. i use Provia/Superia400/HP5/Delta 400 most often
    Bought the superia 100 to use for fireworks, but i ended up using sensia 100 instead
    Last edited by icarus; 21st August 2005 at 09:30 AM.
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

  3. #103

    Default Re: It's 2005, who still use film?

    Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    bought mine at fotohub.. cant remember the price...
    Superia 100 is not my usual film.. i use Provia/Superia400/HP5/Delta 400 most often
    Bought the superia 100 to use for fireworks, but i ended up using sensia 100 instead
    haha. okok
    i use superior200/fp4 most of the time.
    trying out superior 100 cos i heard its finer in terms of grain.
    anyway trying out lots of flims and slides.
    i still got a roll of velvia 50 and provia 100f to shoot with.
    gonna play around with slide for awhile till i get the hang of them
    Panasonic G3 | Minolta X700 | Minolta X370 | Pentax Asahi Spotmatic | Pratika MTL 3 | Panasonic Lx3

  4. #104
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    1 Dalvey Road
    Posts
    474

    Default Re: It's 2005, who still use film?

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamtheatre
    SUper agree with you

    At least it will be some time before you can do multiple exposure on a dslr ...hahhaaa
    with respect,
    this is like saying,
    "i don't wear pants cos u got to remove pants to fart."

    dslr don't need to do multiple exposure to have the same effect,
    but i do think D2X has it.

    1 ques,
    how many rolls of film you go thru
    b4 u learn to do multiple exposure right?

    the power of digital,
    on the spot check and correct and LEARN!

    something that film plus polaroid can't even give.


  5. #105

    Default Re: It's 2005, who still use film?

    Quote Originally Posted by judeseah


    how many rolls of film you go thru
    b4 u learn to do multiple exposure right?

    the power of digital,
    on the spot check and correct and LEARN!

    something that film plus polaroid can't even give.

    One frame. (talking about exposure only!)

    And I did not even have to look at the LCD.

    The power of knowing light.

    What has that to do with the type of image sensor?

  6. #106

    Default Re: It's 2005, who still use film?

    I'm selling off my film 35mm as a DSLR is more economical.. but I bought a (cheap) medium format camera. In the words of Steven Spielberg no matter how advanced digital is, film is still more real.

  7. #107
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near the Equator
    Posts
    1,255

    Default Re: It's 2005, who still use film?

    Me.I still use film for projects and gigs.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

  8. #108
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    1 Dalvey Road
    Posts
    474

    Default Re: It's 2005, who still use film?

    Quote Originally Posted by student
    One frame. (talking about exposure only!)

    And I did not even have to look at the LCD.

    The power of knowing light.

    What has that to do with the type of image sensor?
    i m IMPRESSED!!!
    it took u only a single frame to learn the art of multiple exposure?

    with tons of books,
    3 teachers,
    it took me 2 mths and 16 rolls(2rolls per week) of film
    b4 i got my ME pic acceptable,
    both the outdoor and flash type.

    guess i m stupid, thats all,
    all the more i m for digital now.

  9. #109

    Default Re: It's 2005, who still use film?

    Quote Originally Posted by judeseah
    i m IMPRESSED!!!
    it took u only a single frame to learn the art of multiple exposure?

    with tons of books,
    3 teachers,
    it took me 2 mths and 16 rolls(2rolls per week) of film
    b4 i got my ME pic acceptable,
    both the outdoor and flash type.

    guess i m stupid, thats all,
    all the more i m for digital now.
    No, I did not take one frame to LEARN an image of multiple exposure. The first frame of multiple exposure I made was, exposure-wise, spot on. And the "technique? Really simple. As simple as knowing how film and light works, and how much light you want to put on that film.There was really nothing to it.

    Understand this, and your multiple exposures will work fine. Whether the image has artistic quality is aonther matter.

    You don't need tons of books, and multiple teachers, especially those who surrender their thinking (at least about light) to computer chips.

    You just need to know how much light you need and how to put that on your film. If you are willing to let the computer chips do your thinking about light for you, that is fine. One can make good images that way.

    But I prefer to do things the old fashion way.

  10. #110
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: It's 2005, who still use film?

    Quote Originally Posted by judeseah
    i m IMPRESSED!!!
    it took u only a single frame to learn the art of multiple exposure?

    with tons of books,
    3 teachers,
    it took me 2 mths and 16 rolls(2rolls per week) of film
    b4 i got my ME pic acceptable,
    both the outdoor and flash type.

    guess i m stupid, thats all,
    all the more i m for digital now.
    It just boils down to adding and subtracting (dividing is a form of subtracting)........so, go back to school you! :-)

    HS

  11. #111

    Default Photography Service Required

    I'm looking for volunteer to take photos for two basketball final matches on 17th Dec from 6.30-9.30pm. Transport allowance is $30. If it is ok with you, please contact Mike at 96166447. Thank you.

  12. #112

    Default Re: Photography Service Required

    Quote Originally Posted by Tournament Manager
    I'm looking for volunteer to take photos for two basketball final matches on 17th Dec from 6.30-9.30pm. Transport allowance is $30. If it is ok with you, please contact Mike at 96166447. Thank you.

    lame.. if you're decently looking for volunteers, why's the need to post irrelevantly all over these forums..... !

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/search.php?searchid=2372037 again!

  13. #113
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    1 Dalvey Road
    Posts
    474

    Default Re: It's 2005, who still use film?

    Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    It just boils down to adding and subtracting (dividing is a form of subtracting)........so, go back to school you! :-)

    HS
    i will gladly go back to school,
    but who will support my family then?

    jude
    ps- maybe someone here can post a ME pic? using film.
    so far seen many, but impressed by few.
    multiple expsure pic is not SIMPLY exposing the film several times,
    got a spoilt cam that does that.
    though jaw jaw is better than war war,
    but talk here is useless unless u hv a pic to back u, right?

  14. #114

    Default Re: It's 2005, who still use film?

    Quote Originally Posted by judeseah
    i will gladly go back to school,
    but who will support my family then?
    Well, staying at 1 Dalvey ?

    Anyway, my school is the world famous "School of Common Sense". Somehow I do not remember having to spend a lot of money on this.

    Quote Originally Posted by judeseah
    ps- maybe someone here can post a ME pic? using film.
    so far seen many, but impressed by few.
    multiple expsure pic is not SIMPLY exposing the film several times,
    got a spoilt cam that does that.
    though jaw jaw is better than war war,
    but talk here is useless unless u hv a pic to back u, right?
    You have to differentiate between getting a proper exposure and getting a good image. With today's all singing all dancing electronic marvels, it is easy to get decent exposures. But see the amount of trash around!

    The same applies to multiple exposures. It is not at all difficult to get decent exposure with multiple exposures. But getting a great image is another. As I mentioned in my previous post, making an artistic meaningful image is another matter.

    I will post an example of a multiple exposure image tomorrow. Taken on film. It will not be a great art. But it was fun to me.
    Last edited by student; 9th December 2005 at 10:21 PM.

  15. #115
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    1 Dalvey Road
    Posts
    474

    Default Re: It's 2005, who still use film?

    Quote Originally Posted by student
    One frame. (talking about exposure only!)

    And I did not even have to look at the LCD.

    The power of knowing light.

    What has that to do with the type of image sensor?
    search high n low for the original xchange.
    guess i didn't ans ur last question.

    typical ME for me,
    same scene with a moving object(usually a person) moving,
    background must be correctly exposed,
    5-8 shots taken,
    preferably with the exposure of the object
    going from lighter to darker.
    isn't it easier with a digital than film?

    but we digress,
    the original person who post the ME thread,
    mentioned something like u can't do ME with digital.

    jude
    ps-school of common sense, oxymoronic. the commoners usually hv no sense.
    pps-S3Pro can do ME too.

  16. #116

    Default Re: It's 2005, who still use film?

    Quote Originally Posted by student
    I will post an example of a multiple exposure image tomorrow. Taken on film. It will not be a great art. But it was fun to me.
    Apologies. Having some trouble uploading images.

  17. #117

    Default Re: It's 2005, who still use film?

    am still a old school person....still using film..
    Last edited by chris wong; 10th December 2005 at 07:09 PM.

  18. #118

    Default Re: It's 2005, who still use film?

    i some how feel that photo in film look nicer....

  19. #119
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    beebox
    Posts
    2,078

    Default Re: It's 2005, who still use film?

    i'm still using film as well,contact print from a well exposed 4x5" B&W neg is just soooooooooo nice !

    i can also get direct panoramic images from my film camera.

  20. #120
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    167

    Thumbs up Re: It's 2005, who still use film?

    Even though I have canon 10D.S50 and Casio P700(7 meg) digital, I still use film camera for travel.I use to bring Leica R8, TLR Rollieflex GS 2.8 Planner(Expression model) .Canon 1V and Bronica ETRSI 645 and GS 67.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •