Thread: can anyone help me decide on a digital?

emolatic
    Guests

Unhappy can anyone help me decide on a digital?

ok, ive been thinking it through for about a month and a half now. I first considered getting the canon g2, moved on to considering digital slr types (ie. minolta dimage 7i), moved to lower end digital slr's (ie. canon D-60) and now ive lowered my standards again to digital slr-types or cameras of similar price /quality range : (dimage 7i, sony f-707, nikon coolpix 5700, olympus E-20 etc.). Can anyone help me decide . ? Im a sucker for which one of these (or others like them) represents film quality the best and not particularly which has best the features or ergonomics.

Recommend u wait another 1month + before getting.

remember photokina? Check here:
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...threadid=12362

Most likely, there will be new camera announcements.
    1. Wait for new ones.
    2. Wait for current ones to drop in price.

Default Re: can anyone help me decide on a digital?

Originally posted by emolatic
    ok, ive been thinking it through for about a month and a half now. I first considered getting the canon g2, moved on to considering digital slr types (ie. minolta dimage 7i), moved to lower end digital slr's (ie. canon D-60) and now ive lowered my standards again to digital slr-types or cameras of similar price /quality range : (dimage 7i, sony f-707, nikon coolpix 5700, olympus E-20 etc.). Can anyone help me decide . ? Im a sucker for which one of these (or others like them) represents film quality the best and not particularly which has best the features or ergonomics.
    I think it all depends on your budget here. Get the best camera that your budget can afford.

I'm using Sony F707 and also have the F505, I always wanted to buy a DSLR but couldn't afford one at the moment. Well at least buying the body is easy, lenses are the most expensive part. I believe all cameras can make good photos, afterall it's the photographer who composes the shots.

Cheers!

Default Re: Re: can anyone help me decide on a digital?

rather than 2 digicams (f707 and f505?), you would be better off with 1 film SLR and 1 digicam [unless you already own a film slr, then my question is .. why so many cameras? ]

i only have experience with the coolpix 995, but have consumer digicams fixed the shutter lag problem yet? if they haven't i think thats a serious limitation. (i wonder if thats one of the reasons why we see so many nearly new $1k+ digicams on sale [and lots of F707s as well ]

Originally posted by Digipix

I think it all depends on your budget here. Get the best camera that your budget can afford.

I'm using Sony F707 and also have the F505, I always wanted to buy a DSLR but couldn't afford one at the moment. Well at least buying the body is easy, lenses are the most expensive part. I believe all cameras can make good photos, afterall it's the photographer who composes the shots.

Cheers!

Default Re: Re: Re: can anyone help me decide on a digital?

Originally posted by erwinx
    rather than 2 digicams (f707 and f505?), you would be better off with 1 film SLR and 1 digicam [unless you already own a film slr, then my question is .. why so many cameras? ]

i only have experience with the coolpix 995, but have consumer digicams fixed the shutter lag problem yet? if they haven't i think thats a serious limitation. (i wonder if thats one of the reasons why we see so many nearly new $1k+ digicams on sale [and lots of F707s as well ]

No choice erwinx! Me kena conned mah... hehe. Bought the F505 first, thought very happening already... who knows after 1yr, Sony came out with F707! @##$%^.... then I buy lor... hehe.
    Last edited by Digipix; 31st August 2002 at 06:10 PM.

But one thing I hate about the EVF of the F707 is that it's not a optical viewfinder! I hate it cos I can't focus it properly with the tiny EVF to get a sharp image! Maybe the problem is my eyesight... hmm... hehe.

Originally posted by Digipix
    But one thing I hate about the EVF of the F707 is that it's not a optical viewfinder! I hate it cos I can't focus it properly with the tiny EVF to get a sharp image! Maybe the problem is my eyesight... hmm... hehe.
    I hope to be able to use the hologram AF even for daylight shots.

Sigh...sony....

Originally posted by Zoomer

I hope to be able to use the hologram AF even for daylight shots.

Sigh...sony....
    Don't leh brother! Later Sony come out with a new F909! Like that I die man! haha.