Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 126

Thread: Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED and 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR lenses officially announced

  1. #41

    Default

    I think its good that nikon is providing a full range of zoom options for the FF user. Not everyone can afford a full set of f2.8 zooms, there are those who are willing to accept certain compromises for a more affordable price.

  2. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CorneliusK
    I think its good that nikon is providing a full range of zoom options for the FF user. Not everyone can afford a full set of f2.8 zooms, there are those who are willing to accept certain compromises for a more affordable price.
    And not everybody wants to carry them. Anyway, the f/2.8 isn't always the one with the best IQ just because it is more expensive.

  3. #43

    Default Re: Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED and 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR lenses officially announce

    i used to have 20 f2.8, 17-35 f2.8, 12-24 f2.8 n 18-35, if ultra wideness is not required, my pick is almost 18-35, it is light, zoom n decent IQ.

  4. #44
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,085

    Default Re: Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED and 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR lenses officially announce

    Quote Originally Posted by CorneliusK View Post
    I think its good that nikon is providing a full range of zoom options for the FF user. Not everyone can afford a full set of f2.8 zooms, there are those who are willing to accept certain compromises for a more affordable price.
    Quote Originally Posted by ageha View Post
    And not everybody wants to carry them. Anyway, the f/2.8 isn't always the one with the best IQ just because it is more expensive.
    True and True !
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

  5. #45

    Default Re: Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED and 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR lenses officially announce

    The MTF from the new 18-35mm looks pretty good, much better than the old one:
    Nikon | Imaging Products | AF-S NIKKOR 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED

  6. #46

    Default Re: Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED and 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR lenses officially announce

    Quote Originally Posted by ageha View Post
    The MTF from the new 18-35mm looks pretty good, much better than the old one:
    Nikon | Imaging Products | AF-S NIKKOR 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED
    Question - barrel distortion test. Still need to wait and see how much distortion it has at 18mm

  7. #47

    Default

    The new 18-35mm is in US stores since last week. Someone picked one up already? So far I couldn't find a single shot taken with it except the lowrez ones on the Nikon product page.
    Last edited by ageha; 12th March 2013 at 08:34 PM.

  8. #48

    Default Re: Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED and 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR lenses officially announce

    Anyone knows when will the new 18-35mm be available in sg? any estimated street price?

  9. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ech123
    Anyone knows when will the new 18-35mm be available in sg? any estimated street price?
    I asked a few local shops, no ETA for Singapore yet.

  10. #50

    Default Re: Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED and 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR lenses officially announce

    i see. thanks! wonder when will we get it in Singapore. haha

  11. #51

    Default Re: Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED and 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR lenses officially announce

    It's on Nikon website already, but no price yet.

    B&H is selling at $746.95 though.

  12. #52

    Default Re: Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED and 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR lenses officially announce

    Quote Originally Posted by avsquare View Post
    Question - barrel distortion test. Still need to wait and see how much distortion it has at 18mm
    It was obvious on the D version. But it didn't kill I believe this edition would be better.

  13. #53

    Default

    I ordered the AF-S 18-35mm from Amazon Japan yesterday, should arrive tomorrow.

  14. #54

    Default Re: Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED and 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR lenses officially announce

    Wonder if the lack of 'N' means there's no Nano Coating which means more easily prone to flare?

  15. #55

    Default Re: Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED and 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR lenses officially announce

    Quote Originally Posted by ageha View Post
    I ordered the AF-S 18-35mm from Amazon Japan yesterday, should arrive tomorrow.
    may i know how much in total did u pay for?

  16. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ech123

    may i know how much in total did u pay for?
    80,750 for the lens only from Amazon directly, shipping is free within Japan (I stay here about once per month anyway). Amazon just shipped it about one hour ago and it should arrive tomorrow together with a D600 body.

  17. #57

    Default

    I would love to hear ur views on the lens. Pls let us know if its possible for u TIA!
    Photo Album - Photo Album

  18. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ageha

    80,750 for the lens only from Amazon directly, shipping is free within Japan (I stay here about once per month anyway). Amazon just shipped it about one hour ago and it should arrive tomorrow together with a D600 body.
    At last, u have purchased D600. Enjoy ...

  19. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NikF601

    At last, u have purchased D600. Enjoy ...
    Thanks! Both arrived today but I just arrived home now.

  20. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ageha

    Thanks! Both arrived today but I just arrived home now.
    Great lens so far, I love the low weight together with the D600!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •