Thread: Wondering the importants of EL

Default Wondering the importants of EL

I & my classmates have recently received the 'o's result.Some of them got a D7 for el but still qualify for polys, they questioned me if they should retake EL & scored a pass for it, how you all think..
    ASK them to retake or not to retake??

most 'lower' end courses by polys require minimum D7 english, some minimum C6, but if you wish to take maybe a Degree course later, you might wanna consider taking it again, and get a better score.

it doesn't cost much to take the exam, neither does it prove to be a necessity now. but if when you need it & then you are going to take the test again, u will know the difficulties... esp few years without practise...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

thanks,

i might tell them to retake ' cos it benefits them.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    most 'lower' end courses by polys require minimum D7 english, some minimum C6, but if you wish to take maybe a Degree course later, you might wanna consider taking it again, and get a better score.

it doesn't cost much to take the exam, neither does it prove to be a necessity now. but if when you need it & then you are going to take the test again, u will know the difficulties... esp few years without practise...
    Few years without practising English?

I think likelihood of it is super low.

To be pragmatic, Without practise and retake the subject next year, the chances of passing are very slim.

My personal experience: I failed my chinese during 'o' levels. I tried to retake the subject the following year during my poly years. With no practise at all, (be it lazy or no time) not surprising, I failed again.

So you have to think carefully about it...

I think reading is very important. *nods*