Thread: Path of Lights

Default Path of Lights

Hi guys! I'm back again with my virgin architectural shot! This was done at Stadium Mrt Station, at around 2am in the morning. It was on New Year's Day, and i went late to shoot fireworks at Marina. Ended up having to go here to satisfy my urges. HAHA!

1.In what area is critique to be sought?
    Anything and everything. Composition, lighting, exposure or even execution. I did this with a simple manual blend on photoshop, and did a little distortion correction... Still not pretty sure how to do it, but im just experimenting and going all out!

2.What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    I hope to capture this beautiful architecture as well as i can. Hopefully how the architect imagined it to be... And also to show some of our non-Singaporeans here on this forum how beautiful Singapore is! =)

3.Under what circumstance is the picture taken?
    Like i said, i had the intention of shooting fireworks in the first place. This was to satisfy my "urges" and i think it sure did the job for me! Still not completely satisfied due to the reflections on the sides of the escalator though!

4.What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture.
    Personally, i feel that it could be done better, perhaps more contrast on the shot or a better composition. But with my amateur and little experience, i think this is what i can produce, at the moment... =(

Last edited by JoonWeh; 28th January 2013 at 12:15 AM.

Default Re: Path of Lights

Anyone who cant view it please tell me! =( cause i cant see the shot too...

Quote Originally Posted by JoonWeh
    nope cant see

Quote Originally Posted by JoonWeh View Post
    Here you go

Path of Light by JoonWeh, on Flickr

Damn... How did you get it to work? =O

You can't just cut and paste the image address. Doesn't work that way. Click on the "share" tab and grab the code in the drop down window.

Screen Shot 2013-01-28 at 3.49.03 PM by arkitectural photography, on Flickr

Then paste the whole chunk into message box in CS.

Screen Shot 2013-01-28 at 3.51.35 PM by arkitectural photography, on Flickr

Hey thanks for the tip! =) anyone has critique or comments on my shot? Would be kindly appreciated! =D

Quote Originally Posted by JoonWeh View Post
    Hey thanks for the tip! =) anyone has critique or comments on my shot? Would be kindly appreciated! =D
    it's messy.

Thanks for the critique eleveninth! Would you mind directing me about where is it messy? =)

hi JoonWeh,

1. kudos for your experimenting. and keep shooting to learn more.
    anyway, balance is there, though i do hope you put more below of your frame especially the left & right escalators.
    2.hmnn i can give you a tip on shooting this kind though myself not eally into this genre. try to look some of the architectural magazines on how they shoo their photos. also try to look some of the perspective drawings for building etc.

you can try this link to get the idea
    http://www.archdaily.com/
    3. it happens also to me that i have a plan to shoot these but ended shooting something else.haha
    4. i encourage you to look the works of talented photographers here in Clubsnap especially in Landscape/Cityscape. you can learn alot from their pictures.

i do hope you find my c&c helpful. on technicalities, im terrible in this genre. so cant give you advice there
    wish you all the best and keep shooting.

Hi duffydufs!

Thank you so much, firstly would really like to thank you for your precious time coming here to give me some valuable advice and tips! I did do another composition, with more of the floor, but i have yet to have time to do the processing! I'll probably post it up, once i have the time to do up the processing!

I will certainly check out the resources you provided me with! Thank you once again for helping, although you claim you are not fairly good in that field! Haha!

Thank you so so much, i certainly will! And hope you have the best of luck in your photograhpic journey too! =)

Blog Entries

Tricky place to shoot. I was stopped by them an another time i had my name recorded. Anyway, i'd prefer a stronger contrast here. Also, im quite curious why is the front steps so curved? Quite clearly, the actual stairs is not curved. This is a scene with many many lines. I still believe the vertical lines on the walls should still be vertical for a stronger image.

Hahaha! Really? Probably coz i did this at night, like 2am or somthing! Hmm... i see! I'll take note of that! Yeah, i suddenly noticed that after i processed the shot! I think it was coz i didnt do the perspective correction for the shot correctly! HAHA, was still learning about that, so i sincerely apologise for the lack of attention to that! Wanna thank you so much for the critique provided, nitewalk! Appreciate it! =)

The top of the stairs is not exactly in the middle (i presume it was meant to) so it seems slightly biased towards the right side.

I think it would be better to step back a little to include the rounding part at the start of the escalator and shoot from the waist line level rather than from the floor, showing less of the ceiling =)

Yeahhhh, this wasnt a good shot, i gotta admit. The verticals werent straight, horizons were badly placed. I'll try to take note of that while shooting for a different composition! =) appreciate your critique!

Quote Originally Posted by clolin View Post
    According to your thread Yeahhhh, this wasnt a good shot, i gotta admit. The verticals werent straight, horizons were badly placed, And may i ask you ow much light used in,how much voltage they have, Really nice work.....
    hmm, this was all ambience light from inside the train station, no flash was used. If thats what you're asking about... Hope i answered your question!