Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast

Thread: [ Showcase ] Share your Birding Shots With M43

Default Re: Share your Birding Shots With M43

I don't have much experience photographing birds as I don't know where to look for them except in Jurong Bird Park which I think is a good place to practise.

This sunbird is taken just outside my garden. Pana G1 with the 45-200mm at 400mm.

At Jurong Bird Park. I did not use tripod. Hand held or finding something to rest my arms.
    GH1 with Pana 100-300mm at 300mm at 16:9 aspect.

GH1 with 100-300 at 300mm.

GH1 with 100-300mm at 300mm. 16:9 ratio
    [IMG]ttp://www.pbase.com/virtualink/image/131579988/original.jpg[/IMG]

GH1 with 100-300mm

GH1 with 100-300mm at 300mm.

Pana G1 with Pana 45-200mm

Pana G1. Can't remember lens used.

Going for lunch now. This is what we would be after lunch in this hot weather. GH1 with 100-300mm at 300mm.

Quote Originally Posted by pkong1008 View Post
    I don't have much experience photographing birds as I don't know where to look for them except in Jurong Bird Park which I think is a good place to practise.
    Nice bird shots from the park, maybe next time can try shooting in the wild, there are more than 300 species here in various part of the country

List of birds of Singapore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You may find it more rewarding making photos of birds in their natural habitat
    It is an illusion that photos are made with camera...they are made with eye, heart and head - HCB

Thanks, motionstills, for comments and link. You are very good at birdie shots and macro shots which I am very hopeless. Hope to meet you guys to learn more.

Dollarbird - Wishing everyone "Gong Xi Fa Cai" in coming CNY!

Recorded with E-M5 + MZ 75-300mm at Bidadari
    It is an illusion that photos are made with camera...they are made with eye, heart and head - HCB

Quote Originally Posted by snapperBB
    Beautiful pictures taken with M43!

I have a Panny 70-200 and I know it's a little short for birding/wildlife, is there a teleconverter for M43 lenses? And is it advisable to get? I'm still a newbie in both birding/wildlife photography and M43.

Any advice will be appreciated.
    200 on m43 shld be quite ok for large birds. Small birds is still possible but have to work on your movement. For Full Frame, I also use 400mm, main thing is that you need to nail the focus then can crop. Best birding shots are done close so that feather details are better

Quote Originally Posted by pkong1008

This sunbird is taken just outside my garden. Pana G1 with the 45-200mm at 400mm.

At Jurong Bird Park. I did not use tripod. Hand held or finding something to rest my arms.
    GH1 with Pana 100-300mm at 300mm at 16:9 aspect.

GH1 with 100-300 at 300mm.

GH1 with 100-300mm at 300mm. 16:9 ratio

GH1 with 100-300mm
    Nice shots from JBP. Can try birding in Pasir Ris Park or Botanic Garden, part nearest to Mrt that has a pond. Sungei Buloh is some times too big and tiring. Group outing will be a good idea but birding sometimes about luck, can be whole day no bird to shoot

Quote Originally Posted by motionstills

Right on track with the exposure, not really easy with this bird

Huat ah!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by motionstills View Post

Thanks, Wang TH, for the info. Agree that bird photography needs luck besides skill. Need a lot of patience too. Sometimes you have to hold the camera to focus and frame for more than a minute just to wait for the bird to turn its head. That's why m4/3 is better for its lighter weight. My friend went with a Canon 7D with a very heavy 300mm f4 lens that needed a monopod.

Brown-throated Sunbird, recorded with GH2 + Lumix 100-300mm @ GBTB

Brown-throated Sunbird, recorded with E-M5 + MZ 75-300mm @ Desaru

Last edited by motionstills; 2nd February 2013 at 12:10 AM.

nice one motionstills! we should do sunrise + bird shooting at GBTB again!!!

sadly, i don't do birding much with Pens, I did more with 43 dslr last time. Here's a rare one from me on with 45/1.8+EPL1, night heron, very near, like 2m away

Quote Originally Posted by wonglp View Post

sadly, i don't do birding much with Pens, I did more with 43 dslr last time. Here's a rare one from me on with 45/1.8+EPL1, night heron, very near, like 2m away
    Thanks, good suggestion, but seems like only a handful of people birding with M43/43, it's good that Wang TH started this thread to keep more people aware of the capability of M43 in long range shooting.

BTW you've got the most beautiful night heron I've ever seen bro, feel like kissing it . thanks for sharing.

Recorded with Lumix GH2 + 100-300mm @ GBTB

Female Common Flameback Woodpecker

Olive-backed Sunbird

Quote Originally Posted by motionstills View Post
    Thanks, good suggestion, but seems like only a handful of people birding with M43/43, it's good that Wang TH started this thread to keep more people aware of the capability of M43 in long range shooting.

BTW you've got the most beautiful night heron I've ever seen bro, feel like kissing it . thanks for sharing.
    Haha, thanks, I was lucky, it was in a resort in bali actually, didn't need any patience or skills like you guys to hunt for it. It was there to fish the pond! Yes, it a great thread, it's stickied btw by microcosm

Quote Originally Posted by motionstills

Bro, you were already showing your skills with m43 birding, I just made it easier to find. I noticed that on other forums where there is theme threads, birding is usually quite popular.

I also saw some awesome birding shots in Clubsnap and other sites with m43. It will be a great choice for overseas birding!

Quote Originally Posted by wonglp

Super fierce! When 150mm prime release it would be ultimate choice for you

Sharing Long Tailed Shrike...
    Em5 w 100-300mm

[/url]
    Long Tailed Shrike by pandenan, on Flickr
    Last edited by Pangrapher; 3rd February 2013 at 01:24 PM.

Default Re: [ Gallery ] Share your Birding Shots With M43

Lumix GH2 + 100-300mm

Scaly-breasted Munia

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast