Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 404

Thread: [ Showcase ] Share your Birding Shots With M43

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Fernvale
    Posts
    904

    Default

    We are seeing some really great shots here. I believe this will be the future of photography, a matter of time af performance will surpass dslr.

  2. #22
    Member iise7en's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Merlion
    Posts
    696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wang TH View Post
    I am using 100-300mm with gx1, still trying to get use to birding with viewfinder, seems harder to stablized

    I am not familiar with GX1 as OMD was my first MFT camera after selling off Pentax K5 and Canon 7D. Ok you using OIS from Panasonic 100-300mm lens? If yes so, try bumping up more ISO let's say 800-1000 and you might see better result. Hope it works for you.
    ΨM­Π EM-❺ ELITE & MARK II SILVER†7-14 &12-40 PROƒ2.8† †50ƒ0.95† †25&75ƒ1.8†

  3. #23

    Default Re: Share your Birding Shots With M43

    Share some of my shots done with GH2 and Lumix 100-300mm


    Pacific Swallow - one just landed, another one decided to land elsewhere!



    Pacific Swallow



    Common Kingfisher



    Oriental-pied Hornbill


  4. #24

    Default Re: Share your Birding Shots With M43

    Quote Originally Posted by sjchng View Post
    Share some of my shots done with GH2 and Lumix 100-300mm
    The first and second shots are very nice. Some of the best shots I've seen from the 100-300mm, even compared to DPreview.
    Very nice, flat green background, like studio background.

  5. #25
    Member motionstills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Middle East SG
    Posts
    1,749

    Default Re: Share your Birding Shots With M43

    Quote Originally Posted by Wang TH View Post
    I am using 100-300mm with gx1, still trying to get use to birding with viewfinder, seems harder to stablized
    Can appreciate what you are going thru, this lens is a bit oversize on small bodied gx1, may be better to mount it on a tripod with collar like this :

    It is an illusion that photos are made with camera...they are made with eye, heart and head - HCB

  6. #26
    Senior Member ricleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Eastern Singapore
    Posts
    6,557

    Default Re: Share your Birding Shots With M43

    wonderful pics!

    makes me feel like getting a 100-300 as well!

    Quote Originally Posted by sjchng View Post
    Share some of my shots done with GH2 and Lumix 100-300mm


    Pacific Swallow - one just landed, another one decided to land elsewhere!



    Pacific Swallow



    Common Kingfisher



    Oriental-pied Hornbill

    A7R3|V12|V15|FE28|MS17|MS35|MS50|50lux|50C|50Artis an|FD85L|FE85|90 cron|
    Σ24|35L|Σ50|135L|70-200G2

  7. #27
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bukit Batok
    Posts
    6,705

    Default Re: Share your Birding Shots With M43

    More and more power shots!!! Perhaps we can try to loan one of the super power SHG 43 glass like 300/2.8, 90-250/2.8 next time Next outing, sunrise + birding perhaps?

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Fernvale
    Posts
    904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iise7en

    I am not familiar with GX1 as OMD was my first MFT camera after selling off Pentax K5 and Canon 7D. Ok you using OIS from Panasonic 100-300mm lens? If yes so, try bumping up more ISO let's say 800-1000 and you might see better result. Hope it works for you.
    Thanks, already using the settings, but like bro motionstill say, perhaps a collar and with tripod. Funny thing is that I never really use tripod for birding when using my sony. I think it's just me that need evf for better hand holding. Probably just needs more practice

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Fernvale
    Posts
    904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wonglp
    More and more power shots!!! Perhaps we can try to loan one of the super power SHG 43 glass like 300/2.8, 90-250/2.8 next time Next outing, sunrise + birding perhaps?
    Bro...need serious coordination, Sunday birding is out for me, no off pass. Maybe a public holiday. Must also check in season and any good spot. Today lunch time went Eco park, only see swallow fly! Sat got many breed stop by in the morning, one angmoh shot a pair of black shouldered kite and a few black baza, not too bad!

  10. #30
    Member motionstills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Middle East SG
    Posts
    1,749

    Default Re: Share your Birding Shots With M43

    Quote Originally Posted by Wang TH View Post
    Bro...need serious coordination, Sunday birding is out for me, no off pass. Maybe a public holiday. Must also check in season and any good spot. Today lunch time went Eco park, only see swallow fly! Sat got many breed stop by in the morning, one angmoh shot a pair of black shouldered kite and a few black baza, not too bad!
    plenty of holidays coming
    It is an illusion that photos are made with camera...they are made with eye, heart and head - HCB

  11. #31

    Default Re: Share your Birding Shots With M43

    I would also like to share what I took last Sat at the small park with water pond opposite Toa Payoh HDB Hub (above the HDB Hub carpark entrance).
    Was not expecting any birding as I was there to try out a manual focus legacy 80-200 f4.5 lens and happen to see it. Taken hand held with my E-PL1 which was quite difficult using the screen to focus/magnify and juggling with the not-so-light lens.


  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Fernvale
    Posts
    904

    Default Re: Share your Birding Shots With M43

    Gnarelsek - Good effort. This bird taken in the lighting looks the best!

  13. #33
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bukit Batok
    Posts
    6,705

    Default Re: Share your Birding Shots With M43


  14. #34

    Default Re: Share your Birding Shots With M43

    Quote Originally Posted by silencer13 View Post
    The first and second shots are very nice. Some of the best shots I've seen from the 100-300mm, even compared to DPreview.
    Very nice, flat green background, like studio background.
    Thanks silencer13, took the shots in PRP at the open space near gallop stable, trees in the background far away were completely defocused into this creamy green as i was quite close to the swallows and shooting at f/6.3, max zoom.

  15. #35

    Default Re: Share your Birding Shots With M43

    Quote Originally Posted by ricleo View Post
    wonderful pics!

    makes me feel like getting a 100-300 as well!
    Thanks ricleo, now it's time to convert feeling to action

  16. #36
    Senior Member ricleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Eastern Singapore
    Posts
    6,557

    Default Re: Share your Birding Shots With M43

    actually, I already too action and posted a WTB add. Met a CSer to test/buy the lens during noon earlier on, but the 100-300 was surprisingly very soft at 300mm, even after I stopped down to F8. It was the bright afternoon sun as well, with shutter speeds above 1/1000 sec.

    I tried shooting at 250mm and the results were not good either....is this normal? I did not buy the lens in the end of course....should I look out for the Oly 75-300 instead

    Quote Originally Posted by sjchng View Post
    Thanks ricleo, now it's time to convert feeling to action
    A7R3|V12|V15|FE28|MS17|MS35|MS50|50lux|50C|50Artis an|FD85L|FE85|90 cron|
    Σ24|35L|Σ50|135L|70-200G2

  17. #37

    Default Re: Share your Birding Shots With M43

    Olympus just announced the launch of the 75-300 mk II
    M.ZUIKO DIGITAL LENSES | OLYMPUS OM-D | Olympus Imaging

    Apparently it's re-designed to match the look of the OM-D.

  18. #38
    Senior Member ricleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Eastern Singapore
    Posts
    6,557

    Default Re: Share your Birding Shots With M43

    the updated look does look nicer than the original design, but more importantly is the seeming price drop to USD 549 (according to dpreview). That would translate to a rather attractive SGD price of 680 -700, which compares very well to the 100-300 lumix or even the price of the older oly lens.

    looks like I will be waiting for the new lens to come to our shores!



    Quote Originally Posted by silencer13 View Post
    Olympus just announced the launch of the 75-300 mk II
    M.ZUIKO DIGITAL LENSES | OLYMPUS OM-D | Olympus Imaging

    Apparently it's re-designed to match the look of the OM-D.
    A7R3|V12|V15|FE28|MS17|MS35|MS50|50lux|50C|50Artis an|FD85L|FE85|90 cron|
    Σ24|35L|Σ50|135L|70-200G2

  19. #39

    Default Re: Share your Birding Shots With M43

    Yup! I much prefer the new design.

  20. #40

    Default Re: Share your Birding Shots With M43

    Quote Originally Posted by ricleo View Post
    actually, I already too action and posted a WTB add. Met a CSer to test/buy the lens during noon earlier on, but the 100-300 was surprisingly very soft at 300mm, even after I stopped down to F8. It was the bright afternoon sun as well, with shutter speeds above 1/1000 sec.

    I tried shooting at 250mm and the results were not good either....is this normal? I did not buy the lens in the end of course....should I look out for the Oly 75-300 instead
    Luckily you test it out, this is definitely not normal, could be a bad copy , these 2 stock images created by motionstills with the lens were done at f/8, 300mm, they are no where near soft, you can login and view them at 100% crop by clicking on the image, also have a look at the EXIF.


    Soldier Repelling From Helicopter Royalty Free Stock Images - Image: 19719569

    Ground Crew Observing F16 Engine Power Up Stock Images - Image: 19732044
    Last edited by sjchng; 30th January 2013 at 05:24 PM.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •