Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 173

Thread: pentax webstore singapore by emjay

  1. #81
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Singapore North and West
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flame angel View Post
    I'm curious that the webstore only sell K30, & other stuff. It's pretty limited.
    why there's no K5 II? Anyone knows what's the selling price of this camera now?
    I asked them. They are working towards getting k5 ii, but totally no timeline as of yet I guess. I checked with click! Its around 1400. btw it is rumoured that k3 is going to release on April. Highly doubt its FF, so it must be apsc replacing k5 ii, so its price might drop? Still waiting..

  2. #82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pendora

    I asked them. They are working towards getting k5 ii, but totally no timeline as of yet I guess. I checked with click! Its around 1400. btw it is rumoured that k3 is going to release on April. Highly doubt its FF, so it must be apsc replacing k5 ii, so its price might drop? Still waiting..
    FF is so cheap already Pentax needs to release a FF system camera to stay in business, DSLR or mirror less doesn't matter.

  3. #83
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: pentax webstore singapore by emjay

    Quote Originally Posted by ageha View Post
    FF is so cheap already Pentax needs to release a FF system camera to stay in business, DSLR or mirror less doesn't matter.
    I'd say the 6D and D600 while cheaper are not cheap by any normal standards. There's still a significant price gap between CF and FF as of now. But well, "cheap" is relative and maybe your earning power is greatly superior to mine so who knows?

    I'm not actually sure if Pentax needs to release a FF camera - I personally don't think there is a strong need for the high ISO capabilities of FF nor the DOF control for many hobbyists, which is really what FF offers over CF. All the other cited advantages such as better DR (not true, plus easily overcome even if so) or better IQ (orly you print large prints ho ho) simply do not stand.

    In any case, whatever it is, it's good to have a choice, and I'm certain that if Pentax were to release a FF body it would do it well and with great value as always. But I won't be counting on it to decide whether to continue with the brand.

  4. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos-

    I'd say the 6D and D600 while cheaper are not cheap by any normal standards. There's still a significant price gap between CF and FF as of now. But well, "cheap" is relative and maybe your earning power is greatly superior to mine so who knows?

    I'm not actually sure if Pentax needs to release a FF camera - I personally don't think there is a strong need for the high ISO capabilities of FF nor the DOF control for many hobbyists, which is really what FF offers over CF. All the other cited advantages such as better DR (not true, plus easily overcome even if so) or better IQ (orly you print large prints ho ho) simply do not stand.

    In any case, whatever it is, it's good to have a choice, and I'm certain that if Pentax were to release a FF body it would do it well and with great value as always. But I won't be counting on it to decide whether to continue with the brand.
    Okay, let me correct. By normal standards they are cheap these days.

  5. #85

    Default Re: pentax webstore singapore by emjay

    Quote Originally Posted by pendora View Post
    I asked them. They are working towards getting k5 ii, but totally no timeline as of yet I guess. I checked with click! Its around 1400. btw it is rumoured that k3 is going to release on April. Highly doubt its FF, so it must be apsc replacing k5 ii, so its price might drop? Still waiting..
    Great news that they are going to bring in k5II, it'd be useful for them to provide this
    info. in their webstore. ok good, if K3 release is an APSC then surely K5II price would drop.
    I'm waiting as well, at the same time waiting for nikon to release its D7100 & do a comparison.
    Thanks!

  6. #86

    Default Re: pentax webstore singapore by emjay

    Quote Originally Posted by ageha View Post
    FF is so cheap already Pentax needs to release a FF system camera to stay in business, DSLR or mirror less doesn't matter.
    It'd be tough for them, since Pentax has less FF lenses. Is it even tougher if their FF is more expensive than
    Canon & Nikon. The buyers would be only the existing pentaxians.

  7. #87

    Default Re: pentax webstore singapore by emjay

    Quote Originally Posted by flame angel View Post
    It'd be tough for them, since Pentax has less FF lenses. Is it even tougher if their FF is more expensive than
    Canon & Nikon. The buyers would be only the existing pentaxians.
    Isn't that the case anyway these days? Only if they offer the camera in fancy colors they seem to be able to win new customers.

  8. #88
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: pentax webstore singapore by emjay

    Quote Originally Posted by flame angel View Post
    It'd be tough for them, since Pentax has less FF lenses. Is it even tougher if their FF is more expensive than
    Canon & Nikon. The buyers would be only the existing pentaxians.
    How many FF lenses must a company have to be "enough"? Are you telling us that you are going to get all the lenses that Pentax will have?
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  9. #89

    Default Re: pentax webstore singapore by emjay

    Quote Originally Posted by ageha View Post
    Isn't that the case anyway these days? Only if they offer the camera in fancy colors they seem to be able to win new customers.
    Yes, i like the way Pentax offers different colours camera. And I'm more impressed that their cameras are full weather seal!

  10. #90
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: pentax webstore singapore by emjay

    Quote Originally Posted by pendora View Post
    I asked them. They are working towards getting k5 ii, but totally no timeline as of yet I guess. I checked with click! Its around 1400. btw it is rumoured that k3 is going to release on April. Highly doubt its FF, so it must be apsc replacing k5 ii, so its price might drop? Still waiting..
    K5II and K5IIs were only released in September 2012. Rumours have been going around about a K3 for so long already . . .
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  11. #91

    Default Re: pentax webstore singapore by emjay

    Quote Originally Posted by ageha View Post
    Isn't that the case anyway these days? Only if they offer the camera in fancy colors they seem to be able to win new customers.
    so hater, which pentax model are u using?

  12. #92

    Default Re: pentax webstore singapore by emjay

    Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    so hater, which pentax model are u using?
    Where did I say that? I didn't. Some people have a total lack of abstraction ability.
    Last edited by ageha; 9th March 2013 at 07:44 PM.

  13. #93

    Default Re: pentax webstore singapore by emjay

    Quote Originally Posted by ageha View Post
    FF is so cheap already Pentax needs to release a FF system camera to stay in business, DSLR or mirror less doesn't matter.
    FF is so cheap? The last time I checked all newly released FF dSLR cameras are over 2K, that's just for body alone. And they really need good quality FF lenses to shine, which cost even more.

    Thought about getting into FF system, but just a simple calculation got me out of the idea. The extra cost and load just don't worth it, to me at least.

  14. #94

    Default Re: pentax webstore singapore by emjay

    Quote Originally Posted by ageha View Post
    Where did I say that? I didn't. Some people have a total lack of abstraction ability.
    there is no abstraction necessary. i merely asked you a simple question.

    are u incapable of providing a simple answer?

  15. #95

    Default Re: pentax webstore singapore by emjay

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    FF is so cheap? The last time I checked all newly released FF dSLR cameras are over 2K, that's just for body alone. And they really need good quality FF lenses to shine, which cost even more.

    Thought about getting into FF system, but just a simple calculation got me out of the idea. The extra cost and load just don't worth it, to me at least.
    You thinking is very logical!

  16. #96
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ageha
    Isn't that the case anyway these days? Only if they offer the camera in fancy colors they seem to be able to win new customers.
    Oh ok, I see, the reason why many photography magazines recommend the K-30 and earlier models is because of the color choice.

  17. #97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos-

    Oh ok, I see, the reason why many photography magazines recommend the K-30 and earlier models is because of the color choice.
    You're pretty smart.

  18. #98

    Default Re: pentax webstore singapore by emjay

    Quote Originally Posted by flame angel View Post
    It'd be tough for them, since Pentax has less FF lenses. Is it even tougher if their FF is more expensive than
    Canon & Nikon. The buyers would be only the existing pentaxians.

    Don't worry too much about lenses.
    When Pentax releases a FF, the existing lenses on it will already make ppl stand up and take notice.

    Why?
    Smaller lenses than what competitors offer (not just the FA ltds, but most other lenses are smaller too)
    The already nice rendering characteristics we see on APS-C in 135 format.
    Think the smooth rendering and bokeh of the 31ltd but now on a wider FOV, thus accentuating the 3D look.
    The raw sharpness of the 43ltd, used as a normal rather than a short telephoto 60mm equivalent that it is now.
    77ltd, with its sharpness and 3D magic now, even better with the shorter working distance for the same FOV that we have become accustomed to on APS-C now.
    Then there are the multitudes of legacy lenses as well as the already very good existing FA50/1.4; FA35/2; DFA50; DFA200/300.

    So a Pentax FF will certainly offer something that other makes don't.
    Just like APS-C now.


    Yeah! babe.... I said the Pentax lenses on FF will make ppl look up

  19. #99
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam

    Don't worry too much about lenses.
    When Pentax releases a FF, the existing lenses on it will already make ppl stand up and take notice.

    Why?
    Smaller lenses than what competitors offer (not just the FA ltds, but most other lenses are smaller too)
    The already nice rendering characteristics we see on APS-C in 135 format.
    Think the smooth rendering and bokeh of the 31ltd but now on a wider FOV, thus accentuating the 3D look.
    The raw sharpness of the 43ltd, used as a normal rather than a short telephoto 60mm equivalent that it is now.
    77ltd, with its sharpness and 3D magic now, even better with the shorter working distance for the same FOV that we have become accustomed to on APS-C now.
    Then there are the multitudes of legacy lenses as well as the already very good existing FA50/1.4; FA35/2; DFA50; DFA200/300.

    So a Pentax FF will certainly offer something that other makes don't.
    Just like APS-C now.

    Yeah! babe.... I said the Pentax lenses on FF will make ppl look up
    Nice picture!

  20. #100

    Default Re: pentax webstore singapore by emjay

    Hi All,

    as heard from some guys the latest lens like the nikon g lens(with glass-plastic elements composite and their coatings) best imagine quality is only useful for 10 years. How about pentax lens ? can share some infomation ?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •