Thread: Where to clean old camera in singapore?

Default Where to clean old camera in singapore?

Hi Guys,

I would like to know the place to clean up the old TSLR around Singapore. This camera I received was very old condition with fungus on the lens. So thanks for your guys info first.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vickon View Post
    Hi Guys,

I would like to know the place to clean up the old TSLR around Singapore. This camera I received was very old condition with fungus on the lens. So thanks for your guys info first.

Cheers.
    This question is a very common one and comes up about once a week. Please try a search for "where to clean fungus" and start reading. Don't let the past efforts and sharing by the members here go to waste.
    Alpha

Blog Entries

Default Re: Where to clean old camera in singapore?

Quote Originally Posted by Vickon View Post
    Hi Guys,

Cheers.
    You can try repair shops in Peninsular shopping center, most of them are at ground level. You can also try Camera Hospital. But I bring all my stuff to bro fatigue here in clubsnap.

what is TSLR??

never heard of that.

anyway, be prepare to fork out a couple hundreds for clearing and services, it may not worthwhile to repair it unless it has sentimental value.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by kandinsky View Post
    if it is a Seagull, forget it,
    Rollei, perhaps.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Sorry guys is the Typo error. is TLR (Yashica).

I had an old Yashica Mat 124G cleaned a few years ago. Still using it now. Had it done at Fee Fee at Upper Cross St -- they don't have permanent repair people like some of the shops at Peninsula (Camera Workshop etc). Lens cleaning was ard $80 then, though some of the marks on the lens were permanent and could not be removed.
    One thing I was warned about before going for the cleaning -- the Yashica TLRs sometimes have mechanical issues with internal gears, so film doesn't advance properly. I ran a test roll through the camera to check this first before having the lenses cleaned. If the gears are a problem, you might see overlapping frames and / or uneven gaps between frames.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Francis
    I had an old Yashica Mat 124G cleaned a few years ago. Still using it now. Had it done at Fee Fee at Upper Cross St -- they don't have permanent repair people like some of the shops at Peninsula (Camera Workshop etc). Lens cleaning was ard $80 then, though some of the marks on the lens were permanent and could not be removed.
    One thing I was warned about before going for the cleaning -- the Yashica TLRs sometimes have mechanical issues with internal gears, so film doesn't advance properly. I ran a test roll through the camera to check this first before having the lenses cleaned. If the gears are a problem, you might see overlapping frames and / or uneven gaps between frames.
    Thanks for the info and advise.

Also try mutafa. they sell cameras. i am pretty sure they do cleaning stuff too

Quote Originally Posted by chintha View Post
    nice try!

Quote Originally Posted by chintha View Post
    LOL not a chance.
    Alpha

Peninsula Shopping Centre.

Adelphi basement. But be careful, there are some shops there that will clean you up instead.

Thanks guys for the feedback. I have send it the camera to the Fee Fee Photographic that one that recommended. Now are waiting the quotation from them from they old sifu.