ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS ARE ASKED TO LEAVE THE TEMPLE ON SIGHT. PHOTOGRAPHERS WILL ONLY BE LET BACK INTO TEMPLE AT 2AM.
Just did a recce of the temple grounds several hours ago. Part of the temple is undergoing renovation and blocked off. As such the temple grounds will be a lot smaller than last year (around 40% smaller). With this space issue, I am not sure if photographers will be granted access into the temple or not this year. If you can, I would strongly suggest you go shoot the event after 1am when the crowd thins out. Please pm me to let me know if you are coming 1am or after. I will still be around in the temple grounds.
SIGN UP IS FULL!!
ARE YOU READY FOR THAIPUSAM 2013??!!
The mood has already started on the streets!
Thaipusam is happening from midnight 27th Jan 2013 till 6pm. Preparations at the temple will begin on the evening of 26th Jan 2013. Thaipusam devotees will start their walk from Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple at 397 Serangoon Road (S)218123.
The shoot will be very free and easy. We will meet in Little India on 26th Jan (Saturday) at 7pm. After introductions, some briefing and dinner/coffee, we will proceed to Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple. We will disperse to shoot the event. You are free to shoot the event as long as you like. And leave whenever you like.
What to bring:
1. Your camera equipment. (Keep it light, it will be long long shoot)
2. Try to wear yellow or orange clothing.
3. Sandals are recommended, because you will need to take them off most of the time when on holy ground.
4. bring a plastic bag to put your sandals in, and have a way to tie the plastic bag to your body or bag.
5. Please be respectful to the devotees. DO NOT USE A FLASH, flash bursts will affect the devotees in a trance greatly and cause a situation. If you need light, we suggest you use a small LED continuous light.
streetNOISE is an interest group created by a group of photographers as a sharing hub and think tank for Street and Documentary Photography. We welcome photographers who enjoy street photography to share their thoughts and photos. We aim to promote Street/Documentary Photography in Singapore by constructive sharing of thoughts and techniques so we can help fellow photographers raise their level of proficiency in Street/Documentary photography. https://www.facebook.com/groups/streetnoise/
SIGN UP IS FULL!!!
---- STOP AT 7 -----
---- STOP AT 3 -----