Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Studio Shoot - 20th March (sun)

Some where some how some people have become very silly in their expectations.

In most camera club studio or out door shots where a low cost is charged 10 to 15 dollars normally unless you project a turnout of more than 20 -25 people do you think there is room to pay for a make up artist - chargre rates here are about $100 to $150 minimums Roughly speaking most clubs aim to break even at worst or make a little per shoot for the club fund. If you do have a crowd that is more than 2 you have another problem - keeping people happy because there is a shortage of shooting angles..... and some people never want to move once they found one even when they are not shooting.
    Been there - done organsation for clubs shoots I know the problems and what can be done within the contraints. Ulitmately there are always some who have the skill to make a picture even without a perfect setup. Organiser seldom have the chance to really shoot - not if you are trying to discharge the responsibility.

It is a simple case of you pay peanuts you get monkeies. The reason for going to these shoots are they are a low cost way for you to refine your skills - until you know how to shoot properly, the best makeup or lighting man in the world can not hide your mistakes.

The current organized shoots in CS are I dunno how to say this - I think some try very hard to give value for money ( I think all of them try to make a little money from the shoots - its natural if u feel they should do for free then u should go do this for others) ; some do not give any value simply because the organisers have yet to understand how to conduct and run a shoot.

typo

It should be a club shoot with more than 25 people and not 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ellery
    Some where some how some people have become very silly in their expectations.

In most camera club studio ................................
    Well said,

Especially this: a low cost way for you to refine your skills

and this one even better: if u feel they should do for free then u should go do this for others

Smile

I support ellery statment. I have join clubs outing/indoor shooting for more than five years. I prefer to shot in small group with understanding people and don"t mind to pay extra $$.

Thank everybody for the explanation. The tread has been getting a bit out of hand.

I am a man of few words and am extremely busy clearing my work after my ICT. The tread shoud now be left to the interpretation of the readers and the discussion should stop here as the MOD has suggested.

*I am not related to PSS not even a PSS member. I merely supply the model for the outing. If i have offend any of the photo instituations in Singapore in any way, I offer my sincere apologies.*

How many photographers total fro the shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by John Tan
    Hi Miss Di,

May I know this studio seesion is a 1 min shoot per photographer per outfits using studio strode light or 5 mins per photographer per outfit using tunsten light?
    Hi hi John
    This depends on the no of photographers in the shoot..
    If there are more people, it will be lesser time and vice versa.

missdi

Hurry all.............

Attendance of shoot:

(1) reserved
    (2) reserved
    (3) reserved
    (4) reserved

Red face Enquiry

Why must it be formal wear??? Can i wear casual?

Quote Originally Posted by sawnwink
    Why must it be formal wear??? Can i wear casual?
    Hei....
    Formal wear is for the model's dress code....

so non PSS member also enjoy the same rate?

Hihi
    It'll be $20 for non-members.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12