Thread: Best compact camera with flip-screen?

Default Best compact camera with flip-screen?

In search of the best flip screen compact camera, something light and takes good pictures(also in low light) and videos
    I was contemplating the samsung ex2f. Any recommendations?

Why did you ask that in a Canon forum! :$

Default Re: Best compact camera with flip-screen?

I say it before and I will say it again, there are no BEST camera out there, despite what fanboys and fangirls of any particular brand wanted to believe in. And frankly, I would throw DXOmark test into the drain too... true, they did test and had result on sensor... but that is sensor alone, a camera doesn't comprise of only a digital sensor!

Ok... have to get that out of my chest in the morning.

Anyway... Samsung is pretty good, and if you find it suits all your needs... then by all means get it...

Other choice to look at would be

1) Olympus XZ-2 (with a flip screen)
    2) Canon G12 (if you can find a new one it would be good, or else, used one is going off pretty cheap these days too).
    3) Canon G1X (not compact at all, but with the best IQ quality of compact cameras at the moment.)

If you fish out more money, you can go for mirrorless interchangeable lens system like the OM-D, EPL5 , GH2 of which all of them had either rotating or flip LCD.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by angmingzhen View Post
    In search of the best flip screen compact camera, something light and takes good pictures(also in low light) and videos
    I was contemplating the samsung ex2f. Any recommendations?
    And what exactly are you contemplating about? Check the sticky threads in Newbies Corner, they should help you to think and to narrow down your selection. In addition, tons of reviews are at your fingertips in Internet. Have you read any of them already? There is no absolute "Best", it always needs a reference point. It's up to you to define what is "best" for your own requirements and what is best for your wallet. Have you set a budget yet?
    EOS

from dpreview...