Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yuanyang & Luoping

Default Yuanyang & Luoping

Looking to go to YY and LP in early MAR. Any one with local guide/driver contact over there ?

TIA.
    Amateurs worry about gear. Pros worry about money. Masters worry about light.

Default Re: Yuanyang & Luoping

Quote Originally Posted by chempaka View Post
    Looking to go to YY and LP in early MAR. Any one with local guide/driver contact over there ?

TIA.
    are you going to yy directly by yourself? not hard to find a driver-guide on the spot in yy, particularly if you stay in one of the villages. but if you're talking about being driven from kunming to yy, that's more challenging. can't comment on lp as i've not been there.
    d850 | a7r3 | I1P | P4P | Videos | Photos | Aerials

Quote Originally Posted by mayhemics View Post
    are you going to yy directly by yourself? not hard to find a driver-guide on the spot in yy, particularly if you stay in one of the villages. but if you're talking about being driven from kunming to yy, that's more challenging. can't comment on lp as i've not been there.

Looking for driver from Kunming to YY and LP. Will doing this over a 5 day period.

Looking for driver from Kunming to YY and LP. Will doing this over a 5 day period.
    I think 5 days is too short for both places. I spent 5 days at LuoPing last March including travelling time. I cancelled Yuan Yang as I didn't have enough time but I found out that you can seek taxi drivers there who can refer you driver contacts to Yuan Yang for 1000rmb. LuoPing is a small town and the ppl are generally friendly. Good luck with getting the rapeseed bloom timing and the weather right in Luo Ping.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/land-...ch-2012-a.html

China is changing rapidly. Kunming now has a new airport that is further away from the city, hence the switch from air to rail/bus will be different from what I have described in my travelogue.

I would be interested in the answer too! Does anyone have information on the bus schedules n bus services between Kunming n YY? How far is the Kunming bus station from the airport? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by esoeij View Post
    I would be interested in the answer too! Does anyone have information on the bus schedules n bus services between Kunming n YY? How far is the Kunming bus station from the airport? Thanks!
    Kunming has a new airport since middle of last year. So it will not be near. The old one was very convenient.

There is Airport Shuttle bus from the ChangShui Airport to Kunming City. There are a few routes, all end up in some hotels. I took the one from 南礓宾馆 to airport and its about 30mins. $25RMB iirc. The freq is about 30mins a bus. 南礓宾馆 is about 10mins from 东风西路if you take their public bus, $2RMB and its the heart of the city where all the shopping centers are. There are a few affordable hotel there too.

As for Driver, I got a contact but I used him from Kunming to Dongchuan Redland. He is 张伟 <a129274@yahoo.com.cn>, HP: 13888521135. Not sure if he goes to YY.

Else you can contact this photo master from Yunnan, 张禹老师。He is expert in YY ( award winning :>) seen his works, stunning!!, but his tour is typically 13 days to cover LP and YY and some other villages. His HP is 13099964655. Basically he is a photog guide and organises tour. He will bring you to the best location and even give you tips on shoot. Hope it help, but the only problem is they only communicate in chinese.

Can the driver correspond in English? Or mandarin only? Appreciate the info provided above!

only mandarin.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Else you can contact this photo master from Yunnan, 张禹老师。He is expert in YY ( award winning :>) seen his works, stunning!!, but his tour is typically 13 days to cover LP and YY and some other villages. His HP is 13099964655. Basically he is a photog guide and organises tour. He will bring you to the best location and even give you tips on shoot. Hope it help, but the only problem is they only communicate in chinese.
    Do you know the approximate range he charges?

I am interested in making this trip in March but probably more than 5 days. Is chempaka and esoeij confirmed on this trip?

I'm going to YY next week for a short getaway. Won't be using this chap's services. I'm traveling alone n my trip is too short.

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    Do you know the approximate range he charges?

I am interested in making this trip in March but probably more than 5 days. Is chempaka and esoeij confirmed on this trip?

MWP - yes, me and 2 other chaps are confirmed for early MAR trip but we are organising it ourselves - driver + car, accomodation etc. We may get in touch with him in the next few days. Let you know.

MWP - yes, me and 2 other chaps are confirmed for early MAR trip but we are organising it ourselves - driver + car, accomodation etc. We may get in touch with him in the next few days. Let you know.
    All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Daoyin View Post
    All the best.
    thanks.

Will PM you.

Quote Originally Posted by Avonez View Post
    I think 5 days is too short for both places. I spent 5 days at LuoPing last March including travelling time. I cancelled Yuan Yang as I didn't have enough time but I found out that you can seek taxi drivers there who can refer you driver contacts to Yuan Yang for 1000rmb. LuoPing is a small town and the ppl are generally friendly. Good luck with getting the rapeseed bloom timing and the weather right in Luo Ping.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/land-...ch-2012-a.html

China is changing rapidly. Kunming now has a new airport that is further away from the city, hence the switch from air to rail/bus will be different from what I have described in my travelogue.
    I'm heading to Luo Ping on the 23 march, do you think still can capture the yellow flowers blossoms in late march?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hungry Fox View Post
    I'm heading to Luo Ping on the 23 march, do you think still can capture the yellow flowers blossoms in late march?
    Unless there is a cold spell, you will probably miss the best part of the bloom in late March. For sure, you will still be able to see some yellow flowers there unless the flowers bloom unusually early this year or hotspell that withers them quickly. Suggest you monitor the chatters in China travel forums if you can read Chinese. I booked my air tickets less than 2 weeks in advance. The flowers are a big industry there and there is actually a grand opening ceremony to celebrate the bloom (google for official date).

Another alternative is to see the flowers in 婺源(江西) which bloom at a later date.

Below are from PRC and based on PRC pple may not apply to us.

KMG to Luoping
    1.昆明到罗平汽车票63元/人。
    2.乘火车的话可以乘昆明→罗平12:00 - 15:23的火车,时间3小时37分,票价38元/人。

Luoping to Yuanyang
    1.罗平到多依河景区可包车过去,包车一天200元左右。也可以在汽车站坐车去多依河,路程一小时,车费1 4元;
    2.多依河门票40元,景区门口有很多卖小吃和工艺品的摊档,卖的最好的是一种五色米;
    3.多依河到鲁布革只有7公里,也可以徒步前往,然后再前往鲁布革三峡景区游玩;
    4.鲁布革三峡主要浏览景点:雄狮峡,鲁布革三峡第一峡、滴灵峡,为鲁布革三峡第二峡、双象峡,为鲁布革三 峡第三峡;
    5.鲁布革三峡乘游

Thing change alot and in very fast speed so use it wisely. I do have PRC GPS to guide but I to reference to the local driver

昆明→罗平

By bus
    坐大巴车前往:昆明南窑汽车站到罗平每天只有三趟班车,最晚一趟是下午14:30;
    从南窑车站打车到东菊车站不用跳表,8元。东菊客运站到罗平从早晨7:00开始40分钟一班,最后一般是下 午17:30;票价51元,行程4-5小时。

Self drive not valid for SG
    自驾前往:昆明至罗平(227KM)。线路:昆明→昆石高速→326国道→324国道/西石一级公路→曲陆高速→ 江召公路→九龙大道→振兴西街→振兴街→罗平。
    元阳→罗平
    从元阳到罗平,可走元阳→个旧→弥勒→泸西→师宗这条线,花时7-8个小时,车费约60-70元,路况还可以。元阳至个旧间新建了隧道,车程缩短至2个小时。个旧到泸西的车很多,泸西到罗平的车也 很多。

HTH

Was in Luoping (2-3 MAR) and Yuanyang (3-6 MAR). Travel time (private car) from Kunming to LP took about 3 hours, including toilet breaks and lunch. LP to YY was almost the entire day !

Rapeseed fields are in bloom in LP.

YY was foggy most time and it may be foggy one place but clear the next location.

Thanks to all who chipped in with info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast