Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: prices of close-up filters?

Quote Originally Posted by Scann69
    Hong Jia, Where can i get this phayee tube? How much $ am i looking at cos i'm about thinking of getting the step down ring today and get a polarizer filter at 62mm cos the 72mm is damn expensive. The filter will be a hoya filter except for the Nikon 6T which i have to order.
    Check with JimDavis. He might have some stock with him. If not, go to B&S. I remember seeing someone else selling too.

Cheers
    John

Quote Originally Posted by John Teoh
    Check with JimDavis. He might have some stock with him. If not, go to B&S. I remember seeing someone else selling too.

Cheers
    John
    Stock for Phayee tube run out liao...re-ordering in progress...just need to confirm on shipping charges, and they will ship to me soon...

If anyone wants to get it, you may make reservation first with me, if you cannot find that other someone who is selling it too...

Quote Originally Posted by John Teoh

Cheers
    John
    Wow... John, u r fast... heee... thanks for helping me to reply...

Ask jimdavis do another mo for the phayee adaptor loh, haha. Macro's something I wanna do for long time la, so most prob will just get the hoya +4 for $30. Gonna get a polarising filter also. Phew. $ not enough!

Hong Jia, Where can i get this phayee tube? How much $ am i looking at cos i'm about thinking of getting the step down ring today and get a polarizer filter at 62mm cos the 72mm is damn expensive. The filter will be a hoya filter except for the Nikon 6T which i have to order.
    Hi there, I have 1 black and 1 silver phayee adapter available, my contact is 93814973, let me know if you are interested to get it~

Default Nikon 6T Close-Up Filter

Can i check with those that are using the Nikon 6T if your....how should i say this. ahhhh, after putting on the 6T filter, does it cut on the 4 corners of the display on the LCD. Do anybody understand what i mean???

Quote Originally Posted by chianchiek
    Hi there, I have 1 black and 1 silver phayee adapter available, my contact is 93814973, let me know if you are interested to get it~
    Izzit a new one or used?

Can i check with those that are using the Nikon 6T if your....how should i say this. ahhhh, after putting on the 6T filter, does it cut on the 4 corners of the display on the LCD. Do anybody understand what i mean???
    That's call vignetting.

Try zoom in to 1~2X. it's gone!

Quote Originally Posted by JimDavis
    Stock for Phayee tube run out liao...re-ordering in progress...just need to confirm on shipping charges, and they will ship to me soon...

If anyone wants to get it, you may make reservation first with me, if you cannot find that other someone who is selling it too...
    Hey George,

Heard RongJin has the remote shutter for FZ20. Could you check the price?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeWorld
    That's call vignetting.

Try zoom in to 1~2X. it's gone!
    Well, i've gotten the Nikon 6T today and tested it...getting it to focus on anything at 2x is almost impossible and i can still see the corners darken. I must be missing something here cos nobody did mention anything like that before and if it's normal, is there anything i can do to not have the corners darken. I read somewhere that at full 12x zoom, with the 6T it can help to go as close at 30cm from the object and still be in sharp focus. i could not focus on anything beyond 2x.

Well, i've gotten the Nikon 6T today and tested it...getting it to focus on anything at 2x is almost impossible and i can still see the corners darken. I must be missing something here cos nobody did mention anything like that before and if it's normal, is there anything i can do to not have the corners darken. I read somewhere that at full 12x zoom, with the 6T it can help to go as close at 30cm from the object and still be in sharp focus. i could not focus on anything beyond 2x.
    Let me guess. You stack the 6T on UV filter, using the original adapter and step down ring. Right?

Let me guess. You stack the 6T on UV filter, using the original adapter and step down ring. Right?
    No No.. cos he never switch to manual focus...

Alright, the both of you are correct. i know, i know it sounds really dumb but i'm really new to this photography thing Does it make any difference if i switch to manual focus? Would it help if i got the phayee adapter?

Alright, the both of you are correct. i know, i know it sounds really dumb but i'm really new to this photography thing Does it make any difference if i switch to manual focus? Would it help if i got the phayee adapter?
    No no Yes yes. Manual focus does not cause vignetting. With phayee, your 6T is closer to the lens, so no chance of vignetting.

Yes Yes Yes... The manual focus does make a big difference, the auto focus wun be able to focus...

So far for me using the phayee tube and alex using the chen tube, there is no vignetting for the 6T attached...

Where did you bought it?

I have been looking for it for a long time.

Hey George,

Heard RongJin has the remote shutter for FZ20. Could you check the price?

Thanks.
    Okie...will check and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning69
    Where did you bought it?

I have been looking for it for a long time.
    I got it from Lucky Plaza from this shop called Lords Cameras & Watches which don't sell watches. The address is at #01-79 Lucky Plaza & the phone number is 6737 8774. When i got it this afternoon, they still had 3 in stocks and 5T they had 2 in stocks so i guess u better hurry. Oh, for your information, he will want to charge you $70 but i got mine at $68 so tell him that u were recommended. Hope this helps.

No no Yes yes. Manual focus does not cause vignetting. With phayee, your 6T is closer to the lens, so no chance of vignetting.
    So looks like it's another $25 for a phayee adapter. The manual focus...well, i got to try it once i get the adapter. Is $25 for a phayee adapter a worth buy???

I just went to Maxphoto@Centrepoint. They're selling it for $68 too. If they can sell it for that price, i'm very sure other places can sell cheaper.

Cheers!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast