Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ah Boy to Man II

Just want to add my comments on today's filming. It seems more computer animations are added to save production cost. Yes we should use technology if it can reduce cost and reduce unnecessary waste and pollution. However, over doing it is also bad. Both 'ah boy to man' part 1 & 2 have too much animation and they didn't add value to the show.

Maybe they should limit the amount of animal per show otherwise, classify the show under animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    Mr Neo is a shrewd producer. produce once, earn twice
    Agree. What's with breaking up into 2 movies? Frankly after watching part 1 I was totally confused when the movie ended. Too abrupt and very obvious the intention to make u watch part 2 to catch the rest of the story.

Default Re: Ah Boy to Man II

Quote Originally Posted by trd2970 View Post
    Agree. What's with breaking up into 2 movies? Frankly after watching part 1 I was totally confused when the movie ended. Too abrupt and very obvious the intention to make u watch part 2 to catch the rest of the story.
    Mr Neo does not produce movies for altruistic reasons for sure. It's all about Money No Enough !
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    +1. Followed by photography. But nothing to capture in KL.
    You might be amazed at what you can find in KL to shoot.

BTW can also watch movie in JB.. no need to run so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    Just want to add my comments on today's filming. It seems more computer animations are added to save production cost. Yes we should use technology if it can reduce cost and reduce unnecessary waste and pollution. However, over doing it is also bad. Both 'ah boy to man' part 1 & 2 have too much animation and they didn't add value to the show.

Maybe they should limit the amount of animal per show otherwise, classify the show under animation.
    CGI animation not cheap either, bro. Jack Neo had said "he may wind up working for free" since the production of the film went over budget because of it.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    CGI animation not cheap either, bro. Jack Neo had said "he may wind up working for free" since the production of the film went over budget because of it.
    he is director not producer, hence costing issues shouldn't affect him...right?
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    he is director not producer, hence costing issues shouldn't affect him...right?
    He's also one of the "supervisory executive producers".

Is Justin Dominic Misson (1G PS) in part 2 as well? A pity if he isn't.

YouTube Video ID No. 0ZWT9SEH1G0
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 15th February 2013 at 09:38 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

How come those snapshots from the advertisement are not shown in part 2? Eg. the black face camouflage, the lobang throwing grenade and ken say "I didn't report sick also offend you (lobang)"? Are they cut away from the film?

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    Actually, its because the standard of animation is still not to the level where you're not aware they're animations..lol
    eg.Whole start sequence in Part1 of jets attacking Sg, those 3D 3D debris, jets,explosion,etc..

Many non-animation hollywood movies uses visual effects as well but so seemlessly integrated no one knows. Of course budget etc is an issue.

Below was 3yrs old, some 3D some not, but you get my point..
    Stargate Studios Virtual Backlot Reel 2009 - YouTube

So its not about the quantity of effects actually..
    Last edited by saberlancer; 17th February 2013 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teruranse View Post
    How come those snapshots from the advertisement are not shown in part 2? Eg. the black face camouflage, the lobang throwing grenade and ken say "I didn't report sick also offend you (lobang)"? Are they cut away from the film?
    Dun see the point for them to cut off as they are not crude or offensive etc......... caught all the scenes u mention when i watch it!

Quote Originally Posted by teruranse
    Hmm.. after u had mentioned. I think I din see those parts u mentioned also. I was thinking is my eyes blink too slow that I miss it, or those segment are too short that I dun rmb seeing them.
    I watch the show during 2nd day of CNY at Cathay cinema.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12