Thread: Nikon D70 Shutter Release Gone Awry

Question Nikon D70 Shutter Release Gone Awry

I'm hoping someone has an idea on how to fix my D70. Since purchasing the camera July 2004, I have not had any problems until this past week.

I am registering an "Err" on the control panel, on the shutter speed area. I will try to take a picture, auto focus will work, it will beep when I press the shutter release halfway. All normal, until I continue to press the shutter release. Looking through the view finder, everything will turn black.

On the viewfinder display, an Err will flash in the shutter speed section. I have to press the shutter release again for the shutter to release. Unfortunately, no photo will register. Oddly, occasionally if I press twice a photo will appear.

Have removed and reattached the lens as well as the CF card. This has no effect. I have also tried different modes and sometime a photo will take, but rarely. I have tried attaching a different lens and a different CF card. Also, no impact on the Err. The problem seems to be with the body of the camera.

Any thoughts?

Have you tried to press the reset button? Anyway, I suggest you bring it back to Nikon. Let them check it out.

hmm... reading abt this. it happened to me once... i believe i did not set my aperture ring to the max.... have u tried that? you using kit lens or a D lens?
    Budget wedding photographer :)