Thread: sigma 105mm macro work with 1.4x TC

Default sigma 105mm macro work with 1.4x TC

Anybody know if sigma 105mm macro lens work with sigma 1.4x or 2x TC for macro shots?

any sample pictures?

Thanks!

wowo, you have this lens?

How is it? do you like the colors, sharpness?
    How true is it that the focusing is slow? Anyway, this is not a concern fi you are usingthis lens right?

i wish i have this lens.

doing research first before buy lah...
    think 105mm may not give me enough working distance.. so wonder if can use a 1.4x tc.

focusing is slow? Is it with HSM or not?

according to the brocher, this lens got no HSM version.
    Anyway, for macro and portraits, I think you don't need USM type of speed right?

Reviews in the web is very good. It is said that this is one of the sharpest portrait/macro lens around --- as with all Sigma EX lenses, the value is hard to beat.

Why not enough range? you shooting insect?

If you want range, they got a 180mm macro but I can't remember if it is a f/2.8.

PM me when you have bought either one of them. Good luck

I believe the Sigma 105mm (both the EX and DG versions) are not compatible with the Sigma TC 1.4x and 2.0x. I used to have the EX version and in the info sheet that came with the lens, it cautions against the use of this lens with the Sigma TCs, as the rear element will clash with the TCs, and either one or both will be damaged.

Hence the 105mm cannot be used with Sigma TCs. It was for this reason that I bought the Kenko Pro 300 TC for use with the Sigma. The Kenko's design is different and has no problem with the 105mm.

AF is really slow when the TC is attached though...

The Sigma TC compatibility chart can be found here. Note that the chart is not updated for the latest 150mm which can be used with both TCs.