Thread: Qn:What is 1/2 day and fullday

Default Qn:What is 1/2 day and fullday

Qn: How many hours?

Hi,
    Sometimes I get enquiries from experienced clients, eg. event co., who ask for rates not based on hours, but 1/2day or fullday.
    Its like they assume I know, which I dont, so I then often have to ask how many hours do they mean..

My question is, is there a general industry concensus on how many hrs they mean?
    For example , Fullday means 9am-5pm 8hrs, or 9am-10pm perhaps?

confused..thks thks pls advice..
    Last edited by saberlancer; 15th January 2013 at 12:42 PM.

Default Re: Qn:What is 1/2 day and fullday

Full day would be about 8-10hours while half day will be 4-5hours

For actual day chinese wedding photography, full day might mean splitting the full day into 5hours for the morning gate crash and 5hours for the night dinner

For corporate events its normally 4hours for a half day event or 8 hours for a full day

Default Re: Qn:What is 1/2 day and fullday

The term is mainly used commercially - corporate and industry work, and less so with private affairs like weddings and parties.

Half day is 4 hours.

Full day is 8 hours with 1 hour meal break.

The rates for full day usually works out to be more worthwhile than half day, for example, if your half day rate is $1000, your full day will be $1500, or thereabouts. Another reason for this is because the base cost of operation (equipment, transport, material) is often the same to the photographer thus half day rates are usually higher if you compare hour by hour.

But be prepared to adjust the timing to suit certain clients, and to quote for extra hours on site to ensure they don't sneakily stretch you.
    Last edited by sjackal; 15th January 2013 at 01:25 PM.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Thank you guys for sharing, thats useful..